Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No wipe on launch

Hey everyone, 

I have a simple suggestion for a smooth transition into the launch of Crowfall. Having put so many hours into the game leading up to the launch and spending tons of resources on leveling crafter belts and discs, I'm ready to jump right into the game when it officially launches. Solution? Just don't wipe the servers. Here's a few good reasons not to have a wipe. 

1. There really isn't a significant advantage for players who've put all this time and effort into testing the game. We deserve a little bit of a boost for all the work we've done for ACE. 

2. The servers will likely be crowded with all the new players hopping into the game. We could reduce some congestion by simply not forcing the old players to do the crafter grind again. The 

3. People are already prepared for a long grind that isn't very fun. How about we allow those people to jump into the fun part of the game immediately instead of making them work on a second job? Work/life balance is hard enough with a fulltime job without having Crowfall become a second one. 

4. People did quit the game over the difficulty of the grind. We shouldn't put them through that again. No one wants them to quit the game forever after a terrible grind. Player retention is something we can all get behind. 

So before you go telling your guildmates to get back to hitting rocks. Give this post a like and share with ACE why -you- don't want a wipe on release. Lets bring the community together on this one and send a clear message to ACE.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post and have a good one. Good luck pleasing the gods! May your enemies fall before you!

The land rush, and economy grind is the staple beginning of every MMO - if soft launch using current progress (which is a complete hodge podge mess) was the plan they should have communicated that a while ago and we'd have alot more people testing the current patches. I think we're past the point of no return on this point unfortunately. For the reasons Puppy brings up, I would have liked a soft launch approach as I thought was the original plan but its too late.

So, if there were no wipe, my level 34 would be in there waffle stomping level 30s on day 1? And they wouldn't be back for day 2. Even if they came up with a solution so that only crafter characters avoided the wipe, that gives a HUGE advantage to their guilds.

The only fair way to launch is a total and complete wipe. We long time testers still have an advantage in the knowledge we've gained over the years.

macdeath_sig.png

Posted (edited)

Wipe the servers.

I think this is a troll post? Or at least partially? 

Beta testers already have an insane advantage.

Edited by ZYBAK

2 minutes ago, SirEmery said:

Macdeath. Why would you go in with your 34 and roflstomp people? seems rude. I don't think day 1 noobs will be competing with you if you're already through the grind. 

i agree, why would mac just hold back the noobs from grinding? seems like griefing to me

hoayaga2.jpg

4 minutes ago, SirEmery said:

Macdeath. Why would you go in with your 34 and roflstomp people? seems rude. I don't think day 1 noobs will be competing with you if you're already through the grind. 

If not him then another. Its a PvP game. As per the game designers, other players doing PvE are content.

Puppy is on the money here. Guilds who know what they are doing will just stomp people anyway because of skill and knowledge of the economic system. I don't think it makes things worse for new players but it would be a nice gesture towards the older testers. Especially ones who don't want to spend 80 hours a week grinding out mats and discs.

This has to be a troll post.  Why would you want the established players with a plethora of advantages to have even more?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, Ancistrus said:

isn't this the same reason people wanted passives to stay in the game?

Dunno why this is a novel Idea. It's a light version of keeping passives in for long term players. Like... dare I say, a compromise.

27 minutes ago, SirEmery said:

I would be helping MY day 1 noobs hold down good gathering spots and that means killing or chasing off other day 1 noobs. It aint griefing to control access to valuable resources

macdeath_sig.png