Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No wipe on launch

Posted (edited)

Launch is the day the game starts for everyone, not the day some people start and other people get a headstart. If you don't want to compete for early progression and resources with everyone else on day one, you have another option. Don't log in for two months and let everyone else finish before you start.

You do not deserve an extra anything for testing the game. You paid ACE to do that, not the other way around.  You have recieved a boatload of free skins and goodies for doing so. If that seems unfair to you, don't buy games in a prerelease state. Your willingness to do so is why you are in this situation.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I never understand how people could even consider the possibility of not wiping between beta and launch. It's bad enough those of us in beta are going to crush everyone who starts on launch day because of our experience and knowledge gap, if you don't wipe, you may as well tell everyone but those who have played before now not to bother playing at all.

I hope you are not serious.

Some MMOs sell a headstart of 1-7 days for $$, which is a huge advantage, and you want a headstart of several months?

Apparently you have never fought as a fresh level 30 character against a level 35 character. You just don't stand a chance. Even four of us had no chance against a level 35 character. I assume that the level 35 ranger was very experienced and well equipped at the time. We weren't at the time.

You know what class and race you want to play. You know how the crafting system works and how to farm best. That's your big advantage because you've played the beta.

As a backer, you also have all the monthly rewards that will give you an advantage.

I chose Crowfall because it's a new game where the cards are reshuffled.

Du suchst noch ein Zuhause in Crowfall? Besuche den Discord von Pankration!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MacDeath said:

It aint griefing to control access to valuable resources

Its also not griefing to hunt down new content as soon as it comes on the server.I have always thought its a bad idea, but CF's pvp content is pve players, so...

Edited by mystafyi

1 hour ago, Blectorn said:

I hope you are not serious.

Some MMOs sell a headstart of 1-7 days for $$, which is a huge advantage, and you want a headstart of several months?

It's actually no more than a week or two of work for a guild that knows what they're doing to get Max crafters. If you're taking several months to gear your guild, you're doing it wrong.  It's just a boring grind considering we've done it a few times now.  So I don't see it as asking for much. Just helping the vets enjoy the game more. 

As far as advantages go, being a backer gets you a few extra mounts and some sigils/totems that don't really add up to much of an advantage since ACE has shown they're probably just going to hand those out after launch. The only real advantage here is knowledge. 

As far as experience goes, I've been the level 30 player fighting level 35 players. It's not as big of a difference as people think. Gear, build, and player skill are much more important. 

Besides all this, new guilds coming in with hundreds of players are not gonna really care about a guild of 30 people getting a headstart. Game is more about numbers anyway. 

8 hours ago, SirEmery said:

The servers will likely be crowded with all the new players hopping into the game. 

🤣 😂 Who are all these new players dying to hop on this game.....where have they been all this time?

Posted (edited)

What if we wipe everything but EKs? It's not fair to remove all the players hard work in the EK as well as live. #WipeDregsOnly

Edited by MarsJust

If we're following the lore, wouldn't it make sense that we have MORE stuff right now since the Hunger is just now WIPING OUT THE DYING WORLDS?

Not wiping is the only lore acceptable solution. And Crowfall is a game all about lore. Play the tutorial for an hour and you'll see all of the lore items you get in this game. This is the first reasonable opinion I've ever seen.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MarsJust said:

What if we wipe everything but EKs? It's not fair to remove all the players hard work in the EK as well as live. #WipeDregsOnly

So you can keep the millions of gold, legendary armor & weapons stored in your EK chests to get an amazing fast start? Prolly have enuff sacrifice items to insta 30 too.

Doesn't seem fair. If you say no, no, I would NOT abuse the EK that way, well, hundreds of others would.

Edited by MacDeath

macdeath_sig.png

1 minute ago, galvia said:

If we're following the lore, wouldn't it make sense that we have MORE stuff right now since the Hunger is just now WIPING OUT THE DYING WORLDS?

Not wiping is the only lore acceptable solution. And Crowfall is a game all about lore. Play the tutorial for an hour and you'll see all of the lore items you get in this game. This is the first reasonable opinion I've ever seen.

Please stop trolling. You KNOW that if the vets get such a huge advantage over newbs, the newbs wont play and the game is dead on arrival without new players.

macdeath_sig.png

1 minute ago, MacDeath said:

Please stop trolling. You KNOW that if the vets get such a huge advantage over newbs, the newbs wont play and the game is dead on arrival without new players.

You can blame J Todd Coleman for pushing this anti-lore perspective by suggesting a wipe. He created the game and the framework for the lore, and should have stuck to his guns. I don't see any mention of a wipe on Kickstarter..............

First he kills Gaia and now he kills our progress for an "official" launch. The word "official" isn't even in any of the lore, and neither is "launch". I thought this was a throne war........

2 minutes ago, galvia said:

You can blame J Todd Coleman for pushing this anti-lore perspective by suggesting a wipe. He created the game and the framework for the lore, and should have stuck to his guns. I don't see any mention of a wipe on Kickstarter..............

First he kills Gaia and now he kills our progress for an "official" launch. The word "official" isn't even in any of the lore, and neither is "launch". I thought this was a throne war........

JTodd didn't 'Suggest' a wipe. He's planned for it since the very begining, snf we've already had several wipes in just the past year.

macdeath_sig.png

Emperor Palpatine would wipe. Don't be an Emperor Palpatine. Be a Ray Skywalker (Spoiler Alert)

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

JTodd didn't 'Suggest' a wipe. He's planned for it since the very begining, snf we've already had several wipes in just the past year.

Shouldn't you be advocating for not wiping THE MOST? What about all of those outposts you capped on TEST??? Those are going to go away.

Face it. The developers don't respect you/us and you are getting screwed in this deal.

Edited by galvia