Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

No wipe on launch

2 minutes ago, galvia said:

Shouldn't you be advocating for not wiping THE MOST? What about all of those outposts you capped on TEST??? Those are going to go away.

Face it. The developers don't respect you/us and you are getting screwed in this deal.

I would be screwed if the game was killed by allowing the vets to start day 1 as level 34 / 35 while the newbs come in as level 1s to be stomped by the vets.

My motto is, 'No wipe = No newbs = no game'.

macdeath_sig.png

I swear, there's more trolls.on this forum than anything else. Still think it'd be a good idea to toss the long time players a bone and save them from a grind. 

Suggest removing he passive system and no one bats an eye. Suggest a small boost for vets on launch and everyone loses their mind. 

1 hour ago, MacDeath said:

I would be screwed if the game was killed by allowing the vets to start day 1 as level 34 / 35 while the newbs come in as level 1s to be stomped by the vets.

My motto is, 'No wipe = No newbs = no game'.

You're right.

No one ever joins after launch.

It is only the players that started day 1.

No one ever joins a game with other people already done grinding.

2 hours ago, galvia said:

You can blame J Todd Coleman for pushing this anti-lore perspective by suggesting a wipe. He created the game and the framework for the lore, and should have stuck to his guns. I don't see any mention of a wipe on Kickstarter..............

First he kills Gaia and now he kills our progress for an "official" launch. The word "official" isn't even in any of the lore, and neither is "launch". I thought this was a throne war........

Galvia is right about this. It was stated that crowfall needed to softlaunch without a wipe for the economy to get built up. Back when we had passives and the plan was for a player based economy, years ago. 

Stop the joke, this thread is just a no sense. 
ok i thought it was a troll at beginning but when i saw all the answers i remember a part of the community like to kill the game... 
A launch without a wipe will just destroy the game, it will already be hard for crowfall to survive, let it a chance 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, royo said:

Stop the joke, this thread is just a no sense. 
ok i thought it was a troll at beginning but when i saw all the answers i remember a part of the community like to kill the game... 
A launch without a wipe will just destroy the game, it will already be hard for crowfall to survive, let it a chance 

Its not a troll, some people think it would be better without a wipe. 

Justifying having a wipe due to the game being so poor it will fail at launch isnt a good excuse to be fair.

Edited by mystafyi

1 minute ago, Toadwart said:

Its hard to believe you could ask for this and be remotely serious while doing so.

Are you saying this kind of thinking is so far outside the box that you don't understand it? Innovation always begins with ideas everyone calls crazy.

1 hour ago, mystafyi said:

Its not a troll, some people think it would be better without a wipe. 

Justifying having a wipe due to the game being so poor it will fail at launch isnt a good excuse to be fair.

You might not welcome many new players, when one of them hit the game try to tell him, at launch day 1 he will have weeks of farm to catch the vet, you will see answers... i dont think many of them tell you "nice it will be funny" , i think it will be instead "custard the poorly made dergs i'll wait and go on NW" 

i have To say... those that tRuly believe that nOt wiping is for the best.... y'aLL are crazy...... crazy genius! the POSsibiliTy of not losing all that work sounds amazing! love it. keep up the good ideas. they once said putting a touchscreen communicator in everyones pocket was crazy... now look at us..... global addiction to phones.

Just now, royo said:

You might not welcome many new players, when one of them hit the game try to tell him, at launch day 1 he will have weeks of farm to catch the vet, you will see answers... i dont think many of them tell you "nice it will be funny" , i think it will be instead "custard the poorly made dergs i'll wait and go on NW" 

I dont like the idea of no wipe before launch, but to be fair, the folks asking for it are not without merit. Jtodd said the plan was to launch the game with a soft launch without a wipe, this was while talking about having an economy up and ready for new players at launch. Yes, this was a long while ago, but its not like people are bringing a new concept out of left field in the ninth inning.

3 minutes ago, SirEmery said:

Are you saying this kind of thinking is so far outside the box that you don't understand it? Innovation always begins with ideas everyone calls crazy.

No, but for 20+ years I constantly still see people ask the question, "hey guys, will there be a wipe before launch?"

I think to myself, "is this a little kid? or is it an older person who has never played new games?" 

It is so far beyond common sense to even ask for beta progress to not be wiped it just stops me from what im doing to ponder how far removed from reality must you be to think such a thing is possible?

I have seen 2 or 3 games keep upwards of 3 weeks of open beta progress into the live game, but in each case it was a shady korean F2P game that next to no one played for more than a couple months.

13 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

No, but for 20+ years I constantly still see people ask the question, "hey guys, will there be a wipe before launch?"

I think to myself, "is this a little kid? or is it an older person who has never played new games?" 

The trend over the years has been towards more headstarts and early access. The last few AAA games I was onboard before launch offered a couple days. Crowfall is offering 5 days, the trend does seem to be going towards longer premium headstarts. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jah said:

No, it's not.

July 6th is a fresh start for everyone.

had to check, no, it says wipe on the 1st and official launch on the 6th.

Edited by mystafyi