Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bug: Guinecean / High-Elf additional jewelry slot

Hello dear adventurers,

like many others my guild is preparing for the release. In the process, we noticed that the Guinecean and High-Elf have an additional jewelry slot.
This additional slot will make them the best crafters in Crowfall, as they will reduce the Experimentation Difficulty Reduction. This makes them outshine all races, especially those with a special crafting bonus.

This can't be that intentional, can it? It's not written as a benefit with either race, so it can really only be a bug, right? It makes the crafting bonus of all other classes nearly obsolete.

Just my 2 cents.
Blectorn

I know this isn't the bug forum, but it's just a bad design decision that I'd like to see discussed.

Posted (edited)

You can't stack modifiers from the same type of jewelry. This was done specifically to balance guinecian and high elf racial bonuses. This is why all jewelry has the "unique equipped" property that prevents you from equipping more than one item of that type.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

You can't stack modifiers from the same type of jewelry. This was done specifically to balance guinecian and high elf racial bonuses. This is why all jewelry has the "unique equipped" property that prevents you from equipping more than one item of that type.

And why is everyone posting on Discord that the Guinecean is the best crafter? Are they playing a different game?

Edited by Blectorn

the bonus for crafters is a min maxing thing and although not ideal, there will always be a "best" for crafters regardless because its a pen and paper exercise in stats and not much else comes into it unlike in PvP where that slot is much more balanced because of the unique equipped that Pope is referring too.

I dont believe it really needs balancing because you have to invest heavily to ensure that the crafter is viable and the downside is that you have less assembly rating.

What could be being looked at is the overcapping of the experimentation value and how assembly gets covered very easily between disc and gear, if you want to make hard choices then lower those values and make the crafters risk more materials for better results or safer crafts with worse results.

The real only reason the hamster is viable like this is because between the legendary disc += gear + ek statue buff +  rings you have so much experimentation value you cap easily without the racial

I'm still hoping they add 5 experimentation difficulty reduction to all the racials, so specializing in one craft w/ the proper race will give you 1-2 more reduction than an extra jewellery slot could provide.  The Rats and High Elves will still work fine for duo crafting since you will save a character slot.

as for the lesser assembly marklarr mentions, it can be easily countered by making better sealed armour, so there is no draw back going guinecean/high elf.

Experimentation definitely is having scaling issues, you can wear no jewellery, no armour and pretty much be capped.

3 hours ago, Blectorn said:

I know this isn't the bug forum, but it's just a bad design decision that I'd like to see discussed.

It isnt even a bug and has been a part of their racials for years and years.

Its a choice, you can either go for the early advantage with a racial or invest in the long game with that extra exp reduction for the Rat or High Elf. To the more enlightened crafters its a no brainer and just comes down to a choice between Rat or High Elf.

4 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

For example you can equip:

• Square Ruby Ring with Mainstat, Experiment Difficulty Reduction, Necromancy Experimentation
  • Square Ruby Ring with Mainstat, Experiment Difficulty Reduction, Necromancy Experimentation
  • Baquette Topaz Ring with Mainstat, Experiment Difficulty Reduction, Runemaking Experimentation

So you get by the 3rd slot for example additional ~4,91 Mainstat and +3,78 Experiment Difficulty Reduction.

This is a big advantage in the endgame.

It should be solved as follows:

3 hours ago, neven said:

I'm still hoping they add 5 experimentation difficulty reduction to all the racials, so specializing in one craft w/ the proper race will give you 1-2 more reduction than an extra jewellery slot could provide.  The Rats and High Elves will still work fine for duo crafting since you will save a character slot.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Blectorn said:

Is it a big advantage to have +4.91 main stat when you already have +800 otherwise?

Is it really?

Nowhere do I see you mention what other races get that Guinnie and Elf give up to get that miniscule advantage. The point of racials is they excel in different areas.

Edited by Toadwart

2 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

Is it a big advantage to have +4.91 main stat when you already have +800 otherwise?

Is it really?

Really.

4,91 ~ 5 is half a level.

3,78 ~4 Experiment Difficulty Reduction = +4%.

Please go to your boss and ask him if he will give you 4% more salary just for fun. Then you know that 4% is a lot.

4% is 4 pennies on the dollar. Its nothing.

Other races get equivalent bonuses in other areas,

Should we just remove all racials now to avoid every brand new player coming in and saying "hey geys, look at what I discovered, it needs nerfed"?

Nothing is a surprise, my man, the racials have been like this for ages. You didnt discover anything. This has been accepted for years.

3 minutes ago, Toadwart said:

4% is 4 pennies on the dollar. Its nothing.

If you earn $50,000, 4% = $2,000. With that you can upgrade your PC every year. Every year!

The Stoneborn has a racial bonus as a blacksmith. You should expect him to be the best blacksmith in the game. But he is not. He is outperformed by the rat.

2 hours ago, Blectorn said:

For example you can equip:

• Baquette Topaz Ring with Mainstat, Experiment Difficulty Reduction, Runemaking Experimentation

So you get by the 3rd slot for example additional ~4,91 Mainstat and +3,78 Experiment Difficulty Reduction.

It should be solved as follows:

Unless something has changed I am not aware of, all races and classes can max all crafting stats through a combination of vessel stats, gear stats, and discipline/belt stats. Racial buffs are generally only important to crafting/harvesting in the early game unless they completely changed the system very recently.

PopeSigGIF.gif

13 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Unless something has changed I am not aware of, all races and classes can max all crafting stats through a combination of vessel stats, gear stats, and discipline/belt stats. Racial buffs are generally only important to crafting/harvesting in the early game unless they completely changed the system very recently.

It is impossible to max Experiment Difficulty Reduction. Guineceans and High Elves can get it higher than any other race with an extra piece of jewelry.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 hours ago, Blectorn said:

The Stoneborn has a racial bonus as a blacksmith. You should expect him to be the best blacksmith in the game. But he is not. He is outperformed by the rat.

Why would I expect that?

Is the only factor in determining what race makes for the best blacksmith is if the have a blacksmithing racial bonus? I mean, because it isnt the only factor...

In addition, you keep looking at one racial out of a package of racials and trying to make a stand that this one racial, in the one situation is the best for this situation, while totally ignoring all of the other racials that come in the package.

You are 6 years late to the party. I forget the last time racials were rebalanced...maybe 2 years ago? All of that time, these crafting racials have been in the game as is. It isnt an oversite. Hell, the Guinni ring slot has been specifically submitted to TBlair and questioned over this very thing for longer than 2 years as Guinnis have always had the extra ring slot even before the last racial revamp.

Edited by Toadwart

49 minutes ago, Jah said:

It is impossible to max Experiment Difficulty Reduction. Guineceans and High Elves can get it higher than any other race with an extra piece of jewelry.

Ah Good to know

PopeSigGIF.gif

9 hours ago, Blectorn said:

And why is everyone posting on Discord that the Guinecean is the best crafter? Are they playing a different game?

unless they changed it recently guinea are the best cause they get large base stats in int for crafting schools and all crafting rinds are experimentation difficulty reduction so you use say 2 woodworking rings + 1any other crafting ring for the extra exp difficulty reduction since thats universal across all crafts,
Racial assembly and experimentation bonus is kinda pointless atm there a trap for new players since there only good for the very short term until you get your 27 disciplines to make orange disc which will tend to cap you in those stats anyway so no need to try and get those stats the only hard one to cap is assembly (Which is also useless since assembly doesnt do anything once u hit 98% success which you hit super easily)/difficulty reduction and experimentation pips.

Tbh i realy want them to add a talent tree for crafting/Harvesting where you can add some realy choices/consequences in choices

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Toadwart said:

You are 6 years late to the party. I forget the last time racials were rebalanced...maybe 2 years ago? All of that time, these crafting racials have been in the game as is. It isnt an oversite. Hell, the Guinni ring slot has been specifically submitted to TBlair and questioned over this very thing for longer than 2 years as Guinnis have always had the extra ring slot even before the last racial revamp.

With such a statement you kill any constructive criticism.

Do you think people thought much at the time, when there weren't even well playable versions? Were there rings with crafting bonuses at the time?

Nobody says that the ring slot of your beloved rat will be deleted. This is about discussion that a race specific advantage makes other race specific advantages obsolete. It's unbalanced.

Make every day a better one. Why don't you make a suggestion on how we can make race-specific benefits more attractive to the craft?

Edited by Blectorn

5 minutes ago, Blectorn said:

Do you think people thought much at the time, when there weren't even well playable versions? Were there rings with crafting bonuses at the time?

Um, hamsters have been used for crafting and gathering for literally years in this game. One of, not the only reason, is for the extra ring slot. This is not a new discovery or revelation that is just coming to light.

8 minutes ago, Blectorn said:

With such a statement you kill any constructive criticism

Its been discussed to death, like most everything that isnt a recent addition or change. Things dont exactly happen at breakneck speed around here where stuff falls through the cracks. Like, have you bothered to search for any of the prior posts regarding this issue to see whats already been talked about? Im guessing not.

Here is the first example i picked up.....Amulets vs Rings

That thread is from June 8th, 2019 almost 2 years old to the day. You can find pages of discussions and familiarize yourself with how the racial is perceived by the community and how it got to be in the state its in today. As you will see from the dates on the posts, the topic is very old.

17 minutes ago, Blectorn said:

Why don't you make a suggestion on how we can make race-specific benefits more attractive to the craft?

Because you cant take one racial out of context, like you have consistently done, and ignore the power of the other racials in the kit. Stoneborn do not only get a + blacksmithing racial and nothing else, so you cant just look at that one racial and say, "hey, this isnt balanced compared to this other races one specific racial" You have to look at the complete package.