Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I'm uninstalling

I really enjoyed lvl 1-30 soon as the game hits pvp mode there is nothing to do. I ran from area to area for hours everything is protected. The pvp is terrible had a guy out run my friend and I on foot while we were on mounts. We were 2v1 a knight killed us both and didnt even take a crum of dmg. I have full plate an advanced weapon max str and 11k hp. Killed me like I was a trash mob. 

The game was fun till it went pvp with nothing to do. Welp I'm out no reason to beat a dead horse. Bye....

4 hours ago, MrSands80 said:

I really enjoyed lvl 1-30 soon as the game hits pvp mode there is nothing to do. I ran from area to area for hours everything is protected. The pvp is terrible had a guy out run my friend and I on foot while we were on mounts. We were 2v1 a knight killed us both and didnt even take a crum of dmg. I have full plate an advanced weapon max str and 11k hp. Killed me like I was a trash mob. 

The game was fun till it went pvp with nothing to do. Welp I'm out no reason to beat a dead horse. Bye....

Were you two level 30s up against a level 33+? That rarely works.

Mac

18 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

Were you two level 30s up against a level 33+? That rarely works.

The level doesn't matter, the inexperience does.

Sucks that you got smashed - totally agree that the content is really lacking on LIVE right now. Most of the existing community is taking it easy until the launch wipe. We've been testing for years.

If you do decide to play the game at launch where there will hopefully be more people and things to do, I'd really recommend checking out some guilds to get involved with the larger part of the end game. The guild recruitment forum has lots of posts, and you can check out the community discord for other guild posts or to ask questions. Totally understand if you're gone though. The game needs a lot of work.

I can't comprehend the mentality of jumping in only weeks before launch and making a decision based on population density. Why not just wait until launch and make a more reasonable assessment? Maybe it'll still be too low and you can quit, but the odds that it's better or sustainable are much higher.

On 6/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, McTan said:

I can't comprehend the mentality of jumping in only weeks before launch and making a decision based on population density. Why not just wait until launch and make a more reasonable assessment?

Probably because its free to do so now and at launch its a 40$ gamble.

It is funny the lack of fortitude that players will show in games when they are new. So you would rather just complain and uninstall rather that determine why something happened? In a game where there are a ton of counters to other's playstyle, it never ceases to amaze me that people don't look at that fight as a challenge that should be overcome.

I guess some gamers want to play games and some gamers just want to be led down the hamster tube to the end. 

160$ gamble at least that was 5 years ago. 

This is 2004 all over again in WoW classic when you get ganked outside your own faction feels bad. I will explain what will happen. It will be massive rage quits when Rune Gates are camped with hundres of alliance members just saying. It will get a lot worse and most wont write a good bye note. 

By the way if you stay I will give you a cool corrupted mount in game. We cant afford loss of humainity in Crowfall before the official main launch 6th of July! 

@MrSands80

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

2 hours ago, mythx said:

I will explain what will happen. It will be massive rage quits when Rune Gates are camped with hundres of alliance members just saying. It will get a lot worse and most wont write a good bye note. 

yeah, lol, pvp centric games are all the rage until people get dumped on repeatedly and just stop logging in. There are no safeguards to speak of in Crowfall to keep bad behavior in check and there is yet to be any proof that the game can retain new players. You put those two things together and it spells disaster.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:40 PM, MrSands80 said:

I would definitely uninstall at this point.  Not to rub salt in the wound, cuz in PvP games you will get beatdown.  They may have been playing this game 4 years nonstop and know all the tricks.  So I mean, it hurts to lose, but if you can't tough out the beatdowns and figure the game out, definitely go to something else dude cuz this game is going to frustrate you forever.  I mean join any guild chat in the world for any game, ppl can't believe they die.  Try Destiny 2, everyone when they get shot, they think the other guy is exploiting a bug, or how did he do that, that gun doesnt work that way howd he do that. or whatever they are just in shock they got killed.  So if you are like that, I would just quit now and try a different game.  I mean FFXIV is a fun one without much PvP.  You could also try ESO but stay out of PvP.  Black Desert is another good one.  

EDIT:  Then again if the shock wears off and you wanna try again, definitely do that, cuz theres lots of players that come back for more after the shock wears off.  So maybe take a day or two off, get a burger and fries, watch some TV then come back and try again.  

Edited by TimeTrapper

5 hours ago, Toadwart said:

yeah, lol, pvp centric games are all the rage until people get dumped on repeatedly and just stop logging in. There are no safeguards to speak of in Crowfall to keep bad behavior in check and there is yet to be any proof that the game can retain new players. You put those two things together and it spells disaster.

for this comment, soooooo many PVP games water themselves down exactly because of this reaction.  Albion was supposed to be waaaaaaay more hardcore but then people got upset by the way it was so they watered it down.  So there is a TON of watered down PvP / RvR games with tons of protection and safety already.  I hope ACE sticks to their RvR and PvP principles and dont cave to the protect me here protect me there stuff.  

Yeah hitting 30 does not mean you will just be able to dive in and dominate...you most likely encountered a well geared, higher than 30 custom vessel geared out bro.  The game begins at 30...tough it out PVP games are not easy nor fair most of the time

@that_eriksson for IG and Twitter http://youtube.com/c/ThatEriksson

12 hours ago, TimeTrapper said:

So there is a TON of watered down PvP / RvR games with tons of protection and safety already.  I hope ACE sticks to their RvR and PvP principles and dont cave to the protect me here protect me there stuff. 

Developers water it down because pvp centric games rely on a population of gamers to play them. If you cannot attract people to play because you are solely "hardcore or bust" they you dont have the population to make the game enjoyable and the game dies out. 

Sounds a lot like the current state of Crowfall, doesnt it?

On 6/17/2021 at 12:37 AM, Toadwart said:

Developers water it down because pvp centric games rely on a population of gamers to play them. If you cannot attract people to play because you are solely "hardcore or bust" they you dont have the population to make the game enjoyable and the game dies out. 

Sounds a lot like the current state of Crowfall, doesnt it?

Yep. I have to agree. I had my fair share of frustration starting out in crowfall. And not a lot of people would have continued after all that. 

And I am still not sure if I can survive the release, when everyone of the veterans has come back and I can't even get to any Farmspot without dying ^^"

On 6/18/2021 at 11:03 AM, MacDeath said:

It's a PvP game. Make some friends and join a guild. Kill the OTHER guys at yer farm spot.

I would really appreciate if there would be a lot of maps / map tiles available so the competing will be not permanent. If there is 1 open map like it used to be a lot of my play time and you have only 1 skypoint with only 4 lv 30-32 Farmspots for like 2000 people it will be a constant bloodbath and no one will ever get any farming done. Bcs as soon as you and your friends got rid of some poor souls the next group is standing in line waiting to keep you busy. 

To assume a state of affairs and say 'It's me that needs to improve' its not the easy path. Blaming external factors it's so much easier.

Have you tried SMITE? It's no stats curve in it - only Knowledge curve. I bet you'll have the exact same experience if you play 1 week against one person that's been playing over the last 2 years.

/salute

Edited by Prometeu

Gen. Prom
Guild Leader of KDS
Recruitment Post - Guild Recruiting and Management - #warstory
Visit us at www.kdsguild.ro

On 6/12/2021 at 10:40 AM, MrSands80 said:

this game is just starting on lvl 30 with constant pvp. live server is empty right now coz 5 years of testing with tons of wipes, so ppl just waiting for release.

on release if there will be decent population God's reach location will be ur best memory as NPE. nightmare will be in other zones.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550