Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dedicated Crafting

Hodork

I'm just arriving and my game is downloading but I have a burning question or two about crafting, I'm under the impression that big guilds are going to dominate, whether that's true or not I do not actually know. With that it makes me wonder what crafting will be like in these situations. Maybe as a newcomer I could make myself valuable by crafting certain things. Will there be many who specialize and focus their efforts in crafting or is it that most serious players will have many dedicated crafters? Also, what classes (if that is the term) are ideal for crafting, either for gathering or making things. 

There is going to be alot of players playing the merchant game, new crafters can make low end supplies for other newbies fairly easily and there's always going to be a consumables market. As you saw there's a dedicated crafting guide pinned here in the econ forums.

I personally run a 'mostly' econ focused guild myself and whilst it is true major guilds will most certainly have their own 'pro' teams of crafters. There's always going to be a market to sell to the masses.

The community consensus is that a guinecian or high elf are the current 'best' for crafting due to the extra jewelry slots which grant additional crafting stats when used.

Okay and what about gathering, will you have the ultimate race/class for surviving, escaping and moving fast while you gather?  

Edited by bradadad

I'm about to dive into some guides but I wasn't interested in the how-to just yet, mostly I am trying to imagine my role.

2 hours ago, bradadad said:

Okay and what about gathering, will you have the ultimate race/class for surviving, escaping and moving fast while you gather?  

Problem is you need a group to gather the rarest materials as well. Multiple gatherers all hitting the same node. Seeing as you cant do it alone, you might as well expect guild protection also.

If all you want is the lower end mats, you can try to do that solo with a build focused on escape.

Certain races get buffs to specific harvesting or crafting, like half-elf gets a mining(ore) bonus, and wood-elf gets a wood crafting bonus. For a beginner you may want to start off with a race that benefits your preferred harvesting and/or crafting professions. One way to make money might be crafting food and drinks that enhance people's harvesting and crafting too. You would need to save up 15,000 gold to buy a vendor in one of the temples.