Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.540 TEST Feedback for 6/17/2021 V2

Chest does not socket on the crafting desk still.  Made a lego one with quality control as well and Ctrl and alt do nothing. 

Armor enchants have the same issue from old timey  necro additives.
unknown.png

unknown.png

That looks good on paper. We will never use it till already at cap. If they are lego lego  then to be honest it is nice but very VERY lackluster. 

The seal system worked. Please for the love of pete bring it back. Keep the enchants as an end game system perchance for armor, but all the crafting enchants we have found are not addressing the wants of the players that would use them,

The gathering seems slightly better.  But they are single line. And with only a single enchant slot on gear means we are losing a huge amount of versatility with the seal change. 

unknown.png

Please bring back the seals for now. Do not launch with a partly finished idea that does not address the wants and needs of a playerbase that have been using seals for Years. 

4 minutes ago, srathor said:

Chest does not socket on the crafting desk still.  Made a lego one with quality control as well and Ctrl and alt do nothing. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

That looks good on paper. We will never use it till already at cap. If they are lego lego  then to be honest it is nice but very VERY lackluster. 

The seal system worked. Please for the love of pete bring it back. Keep the enchants as an end game system perchance for armor, but all the crafting enchants we have found are not addressing the wants of the players that would use them,

The gathering seems slightly better.  But they are single line. And with only a single enchant slot on gear means we are losing a huge amount of versatility with the seal change. 

unknown.png

Please bring back the seals for now. Do not launch with a partly finished idea that does not address the wants and needs of a playerbase that have been using seals for Years. 

Where were these dropping, are the coming from elders and higher? or are the also of wartribe group bosses

• Crafting enchants that increase cap but do not increase the stats by the same value are worthless until end game and most of the time those are not worth it either. 
  • Harvesting critical amount is not provided in the drops for enchanting. You used to get critical harvest chance and critical harvest amount on harvesting seals. Now you have put in only 1 stat on the armor enchantments and critical harvest amount is not available. I do not see how critical harvest amount is able to get to 5 without at least 1 point from armor, even with food. 

If these weapon weights are actually going to stay, and you don't intend to re balance costs for classes, then the Knight and Ranger need their energy Regen in combat increased by 2.5x at least for them to feel remotely comfortable and not run out of gas within 10 seconds of a fight.

Chain Heal Ability Costs (Friar and Sun Worshipper)

This ability costs 2 pips on Paladin. All other disc abilities that heal cost 1 and actual heal for greater amounts than chain heal. (Soothing Winds etc)

Please lower the cost of this ability to 1 pip.

Seems like it would make sense for the tutorial character that introduces players to the PvP zones would be the same faction as the zone they're in

unknown.png

Edited by Alcon

6 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Seems odd to require the thing you want to get the thing you want.

Was OK for harvesting potions because could get basic ore etc easy and let you get better quality.

Should definitely reassess these potions

if it was one or maybe 2 u might come out in a net gain with pot but yeah 6 is never gonna happen.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

2 hours ago, UnderGrowth said:

If these weapon weights are actually going to stay, and you don't intend to re balance costs for classes, then the Knight and Ranger need their energy Regen in combat increased by 2.5x at least for them to feel remotely comfortable and not run out of gas within 10 seconds of a fight.

if you use 2 maces on a ranger one skill takes al ur energy :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

35 minutes ago, veeshan said:

if you use 2 maces on a ranger one skill takes al ur energy :P

Then don't use 2 maces rofl. that is clearly intended to be an opportunity cost thing. I am referring to even being able to use non mace weapons at all first.

Switching from one tray to another feels really unresponsive and slow and is so easily screwed up if you like to spam your buttons. Let's face it, we all like to mash our buttons. Sometimes it takes me 5 tries to get it to actually switch. I think it would feel a LOT more responsive if switching trays interrupted current cast/ability and was off the GCD. As it is right now, I'm avoiding classes where I have to switch trays because it does not feel good.

I've already posted about chat channels and how we should be able to specify which channels we want to see in one single tab, but if we can't have that, could we have a tab for whispers? There's so much spam in the Me channel; whispers get lost. 

Tried the newest version of npe and hit 30 before I guess I was suppose to be done? Which then lead me to feel like my leveling experience was done and didn't need to go further. Now knowing that there is still missions to do after leveling a vessel to 30, new players will do the same and not finish the questing in the Arborium etc zones. that you guys are wanting the new players to experience. Might want to take out some fluff questing if you want them to see that stuff.  I as well as other vets I'm sure will hope for a non npe leveling server if we would rather go that route instead which may end up helping a little if anything zone stability wise for those npe servers on launch.

Crowfall Affiliate link:

http://crowfall.com/register/?affiliateCode=furriousbeardshow

• New registers get into earlier Beta Groups + Store Discount

Discount Code: furriousbeardshow

I agree with many of the complaints of the NPE being too long.

I think the Earth Temple story line is fine, for the most part. Kinda wish there was more lore for all the Gods, and the Factions themselves. In the Earth Temple, you're kinda like, "Learn about D'Orion, learn about Gaea, learn about Kronos, go fight some ghosts then head to Sun Temple". If the lore of the Gods and the motivations of the Factions were more tied into the story line, it would make choosing a Faction at the end a more impactful choice. The Priestesses help, but we don't get any lore on Illara, Cybele, Maeve, or Yaga. Just feels like a missed opportunity, since the story line starts off by giving lore on the Gods. Nothing necessary, just a pet peeve of mine.

On the Sun Temple, this is really where the NPE feels like it drags on. I think you can cut the entire third act of the Sun Temple arc and nothing of significance would be lost. The Sun Temple quests should end after you craft the Immortal's Ring and interact with the War Table in the Keep. This alone speeds up the NPE by at least 30min. In the first act, you could also combine the "Kill 8 Sun Elves" and "Steal the Plans" quests, then have us go straight to the keep and skip the trebuchet sabotage quest (since you can fire a catapult in NPE part 4, the trebuchet quest is just needless filler). The Urgu questline could also be sped up by having us kill the Aurochs and Urgu in the same step. Sister Flammia's(?) quests to kill sun elves and burn their tent can also be combined.

The Moon Temple is also fairly well done, but I think we can cut the wood pig caravan quest and just head straight to the fort. You can probably add a side quest in NPE Part 4 for running caravans if you really want to give players another quest to run pigs. Saving the Knight dude from the spiders can also be cut, and we can just head straight to the Enbarri negotiations or to the Moon Temple (the negotiations quest doesn't really add anything important, but I do like the characterization of the Enbarri here)

The Arborium/Solarium/Lunarium quests are good (is there a collective name for these zones?). They really explain the meat and butter of what you'll be doing most in Crowfall. The "Kill 40 Bears/Wolves/Cats" quest could probably be less grindy, but maybe it'll be more fun when there's more players competing over them.

I got up to the victory card quests before I got stuck (can't solo forts on the class I chose), but the NPE Part 4 seemed very well thought out. One weird thing: Jihan(?) tells you to join a guild.... without telling you how to join a guild. There should also be a side quest that explains the social features, namely how to join and leave a group.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

• Probably should have a VIP symbol somewhere to show that you need VIP to set your EK public unknown.png
  • Can we get a setting in our EK to determine loot drop rules, time of day, and season?
  • Winter nights are very bright
  • WTB Architecture, Geomancy, and Stonemasonry components on the Free Vendors so I don't have to get carpal tunnel when crafting the big pieces
  • WTB Runic recipes on the free vendor so I don't have to hunt for them
  • WTB Currant Berries, Urgu Spice Mix, Satyr Salt Cube, Olive Oil, Peppermint, and Hot Sauce on the Free Vendors so I don't have to hunt for them every time I want to do Head Chef cooking

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

10 hours ago, UnderGrowth said:

Then don't use 2 maces rofl. that is clearly intended to be an opportunity cost thing. I am referring to even being able to use non mace weapons at all first.

i dont mind them being heavy tbh however the dmg bonus isnt quite there to outweight the resource and basic attack penalty u get an extra 10 dmg or so at legendary crafts over the other 1h weapons im assuming 2h maces and 2h axe would be round the same

Veeshan Midst of UXA

image.png

Ambiguous wording. Does it makes me give out extra damage?

Add a 'taken' there. Could even replace 'modified' with 'reduced' to make it clear it is a good thing.

unknown.png

Pretty sure somone did a typo for the base range with this skill.
They put base range as 35 (Which is standard aoe range that cant be modified instead of 15 as range which is your standard base range of the archery skills normal range attack cap out at 65m (15 base range for archery + 50 from range bonus cap which caps at 50 max)

Either that or it mean to be classed as an aoe like barrage and is not meant to be range modifered like barrage is.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

19 hours ago, srathor said:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Also found a typo here that seems to be overlooked
White text blacksmithing exp cap +3
Blue text below it permanetly enchant piece of armor to increase X Experimention cap by 4

Soooo was it meant to be +3 or +4 

Also suggestion you might already have it we havant seen full enchant list :P but you should have a version that gives you +3/4 expimentation aswell so you can use these enchant early on to help out and then swap to cap one when you hit end game where ur capped out.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

image.png

Ambiguous wording. Does it makes me give out extra damage?

Add a 'taken' there. Could even replace 'modified' with 'reduced' to make it clear it is a good thing.

Personally dmg modifer i think it spose to be which is taking less dmg.

that being said i never liked personal dmg modifier cause again could it be modifier dmg i take or dmg i do who knows till you look it up in detail tab.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

This message comes before any mention of hunting animals for the quest

unknown.png

It feels like it has no context. I think it's better suited to come AFTER this one:

unknown.png