Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My own "Berserk" hit myself for 2449 unavoidable damage?

Angronis

56 minutes ago, Vindictus said:

What the heck?

I hit myself?

That is how damage is referred to when caused by something innate to your class or your action (rather than an enemy).

In this case, you crashed your berzerk, ie. failed to mitigate it, and so you damaged yourself for all of the damage that could have been mitigated by a properly handled berzerk crash.

Other potential examples like this might include Essence Burn for Druids, or maybe Blood Pact which does health damage instead of using mana.

Edited by DocHollidaze

Before you take the promotion for Titan or Battlerager, there's no crash mechanic introduced and Berserk is just a ton of lifesteal, so it can be confusing for a new player for sure. You have to mitigate it either by using your Ultimate when it ends, channeling Pulverize when it ends if you're a Titan, or hitting a bleeding target up to 10 times during the berserk if you're a Battlerager.

On 6/24/2021 at 11:34 AM, TommyTwoSocks said:

Before you take the promotion for Titan or Battlerager, there's no crash mechanic introduced and Berserk is just a ton of lifesteal, so it can be confusing for a new player for sure. You have to mitigate it either by using your Ultimate when it ends, channeling Pulverize when it ends if you're a Titan, or hitting a bleeding target up to 10 times during the berserk if you're a Battlerager.

Thanks Tommy, but I thought Pulverize had to be charging during the last few seconds of Berserk?

At least that was my takeaway, the way the devs worded it.

Unfortunately, that video although great is from January and some of the info no longer applies.

For example, Neck Slash only procs with Berserk now.

Edited by Vindictus

1 hour ago, Vindictus said:

Thanks Tommy, but I thought Pulverize had to be charging during the last few seconds of Berserk?

At least that was my takeaway, the way the devs worded it.

You only have to channel Pulverize right at the last moment, or be in your ultimate. Check out Blazzen's video, he explains it in-depth there.