Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.540 TEST Feedback for 6/21/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

I can forgive the 10:30pm CDT patch notes missing stuff, but the other notes are missing lots of little changes all the time and I'm beginning to get worried that the in dev behavior is going to continue in the launched game as well. This is not criticism towards Mdonley or Tiggs - you are both literal gods and your efforts to improve notes are noticed and loved.

Anyway, here are some things I found that were not noted.

Parcels now have a UI that tells you about how many tokens are used/available per area.

Starter
unknown.png

City
unknown.png

And the start up tomes were reduced in price to 40k gold, a better deal but a little pricey. Probably worth now in times of excess or if you aren't working on harvesting discs and have some spare dosh lying around (buy VIP nerd).

unknown.png

If I find anything else I'll post something.

Yea these patch's of late have been pretty underwhelming, and the notes just are not including everything. I really hope 6.550 is one hell of a patch with a major balance pass, not just of skills, classes, but of weapons and armor in terms of offensive to defensive scaling. 

Also on that note, there has been absolutely 0 communication of what launch is going to look like in terms of campaign sizes, zone size (except for some defending of zone caps), number of campaigns being run at once. nothing. no testing of anything to scale either, it's all still dialed all the way down for a 50 play community, which to be quite honest, is a really concerning.

For a game that's supposedly "launching" in 2 weeks, it's waaay to quiet around here.

Edited by UnderGrowth

10 hours ago, Yoink said:

40k gold still cost more gold than sacrificing gold from 1-25 unless there was also a Change to xp or gold

So they did change the amount as we talked about in DMs, it now costs 42k gold to sac to 25. 2k gold in savings!!!

This price is pretty close to what it should be for a boost. New players probably wouldn't consider saccing gold to level in the first place. Maybe take the price down a _little_ more to make it line up with game mechanics more but please for the love of god don't increase EXP to level again lmfao.

Weird interaction with chaos orb skill. It dmg is based off the adverage of your 2 melee weapons if you duel weilding instead of based off your melee dmg.

Off hand weapons dont increase ur melee dmg by much like 3 points difference between between a 12 dmg weapon and a 112 dmg weapon it will change ur skills dmg by a few point with the exception of chaos orb which looses a couple hundred dmg :P

Its definitely the average dmg of the 2 weapons instead of using the melee dmg onm your paper doll, only skill ive seen interact that way so far

It also doesnt take into account of an quivers you have if your in the range tray since it only uses the weapons dmg instead of your ranged dmg on the paper doll so its caculating off a 50 dmg bow instead of a 50 dmg bow and 50 dmg quiver 

Veeshan Midst of UXA

16 minutes ago, veeshan said:

Its definitely the average dmg of the 2 weapons instead of using the melee dmg onm your paper doll, only skill ive seen interact that way so far

That's crazy - offhands have been stat sticks for years. Are we certain it is only this skill? I do not want to pull out the dummies for this, @thomasblairdid you change this?

1 minute ago, galvia said:

That's crazy - offhands have been stat sticks for years. Are we certain it is only this skill? I do not want to pull out the dummies for this, @thomasblairdid you change this?

all my other archer skills only varied by dmg by single digits, 3-7dmg but not chaos orb it drops by a couple hundred 

I didnt go looking for skill that acted the same way however there could be more this is the only one i cam across so far.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, galvia said:

So they did change the amount as we talked about in DMs, it now costs 42k gold to sac to 25. 2k gold in savings!!!

Nah there was an increase to the amount of XP needed.

aeei5jG.png

5 hours ago, galvia said:

They still are stat sticks, it even says so now when you hover over the equipment slot!

Chaos Orb just has a huge contribution from weapon damage which is going to cause the power to have a wide damage range.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

52 minutes ago, Yoink said:

Cooking needs an overhaul. It is so tedious. It is more difficult make a sandwich than it is to craft an advanced weapon.

unknown.png

Yea Cooking is insane. But there is one more thing that I really don't like about those harvesting sandwhich's, and that's the fact that they are gated behind Beeswax of all things. I am ok with needing an item from wartribes to make them, but is it really necessary to gate them behind beeswax. that's kinda lame.

An easy fix here would to just be to remove the cheese from the recipe completely :D

Edited by UnderGrowth

Soulbound disciplines is another example of listening to the wrong complaints. Now a single vessel on a VIP account can be all 3 promos of a class, with all 9 domains, and all sub-builds within those domains, with no loss of fidelity (outside of vessel additives, big whoop). This in response, ostensibly, to complaints about upgrading disciplines and losing already applied discs in the process.

Horrendous change. Revert immediately.

Edited by McTan

23 minutes ago, McTan said:

Soulbound disciplines is another example of listening to the wrong complaints. Now a single vessel on a VIP account can be all 3 promos of a class, with all 9 domains, and all sub-builds within those domains, with no loss of fidelity (outside of vessel additives, big whoop). This in response, ostensibly, to complaints about upgrading disciplines and losing already applied discs in the process.

Horrendous change. Revert immediately.

Why does this even matter as a complaint. It sounds like you are making a mountain out of a molehill. It's not like you can swap anything on the fly in the field. very little has actually changed about the system other than now we can progress through discipline tiers properly instead of having to play that lame ass skip tiers game. This is a huge win.

If you are going to have such an incomprehensible knee jerk reaction to a change, at least give some detail and context on the negative your perceive, instead of just eluding to what I assume is a loss of perceived opportunity cost, which lets be honest, went away when they introduced respeccing.

Reality is that flexibility is extremely important, especially when taking into consideration future balance changes. We still get locked into our chosen Race and class as well. Though I suppose Race/Class doesn't affect Mythril Hammers that much ultimately given you guys will always be stoneborn clerics, as is your way.

Edited by UnderGrowth

18 minutes ago, UnderGrowth said:

Why does this even matter as a complaint. It sounds like you are making a mountain out of a molehill. It's not like you can swap anything on the fly in the field. very little has actually changed about the system other than now we can progress through discipline tiers properly instead of having to play that lame ass skip tiers game. This is a huge win.

If you are going to have such an incomprehensible knee jerk reaction to a change, at least give some detail and context on the negative your perceive, instead of just eluding to what I assume is a loss of perceived opportunity cost, which lets be honest, went away when they introduced respeccing.

Reality is that flexibility is extremely important, especially when taking into consideration future balance changes. We still get locked into our chosen Race and class as well. Though I suppose Race/Class doesn't affect Mythril Hammers that much ultimately given you guys will always be stoneborn clerics, as is your way.

Yeah. Incorrect. Mountain out of a molehill was making a giant competitive change in the face of what amounted to a 33% upgrade cost (4 instead of 3, because the 4th was applied and consumed).

Flexibility is not important at all. Rigidity and investment is important. Otherwise you lose the fidelity of competitive builds, not to mention completely undercutting the discipline and vessel economic loop.

Respeccing is nowhere near the problem as soulbound disciplines, because respeccing was still gated by the discipline investment.

I agree the skip tiers game was annoying. But this was nowhere near the appropriate solution. It actually just made it so that within 5 minutes you could see me on the field as a leather wearing radical and then a mail wearing crusader, then five minutes later a plate wearing arbiter. All on a single vessel.

Instead of major disciplines being the gate to investment, it is now all the way down to simply base class. Hot garbage of a change. Revert immediately.

If you think that is less of a big deal than needing to deal with the skip tiers upgrade game...I'm really not sure what to say.

tl;dr Let me put it this way: instead of needing a legendary vessel to match every combination of legendary disciplines I want to spec with, I now only need 1. So down from 10-20 viable cleric specs needing 10-20 legendary vessels (and that's just majors/promos, not even worrying about tinkering with minors), to 1.

But get back to me about how this is an incomprehensible knee jerk reaction and about how this is just "good flexibility" and a "huge win"

BIG OOF. Revert immediately.

@jtoddcoleman@thomasblair

Edited by McTan

1 minute ago, McTan said:

Yeah. Incorrect. Mountain out of a molehill was making a giant competitive change in the face of what amounted to a 33% upgrade cost (4 instead of 3, because the 4th was applied and consumed).

Flexibility is not important at all. Rigidity and investment is important. Otherwise you lose the fidelity of competitive builds, not to mention completely undercutting the discipline and vessel economic loop.

I agree the skip tiers game was annoying. But this was nowhere near the appropriate solution. It actually just made it so that within 5 minutes you could see me on the field as a leather wearing radical and then a mail wearing crusader, then five minutes later a plate wearing arbiter. All on a single vessel.

If you think that is less of a big deal that needing to deal with the skip tiers upgrade game...I'm really not sure what to say.

As opposed to just character swapping, across multiple accounts, which anyone diehard enough to do would do anyway, and would probably still do due to being easier than recalling ( which in itself has a CD) respeccing, re allocating, and regearing.

So what you are saying is you don't like people changing up their game plan on the fly. By that notion are you going to suggest that we now also be limited to one character per account instead of the 8 total you can potentially have on the account?

With that said, you know what a solution to your concern would be rather than going "Reeee change it back". It would be to put say a 15 -30 minute timer on respeccing. Mayb even make a time that progressively gets longer until the day resets.

It really sounds like your issue is with respeccing as a whole. not the QOL change to disciplines that enables smoother progression, especially for harvesting and crafting.

9 minutes ago, UnderGrowth said:

As opposed to just character swapping, across multiple accounts, which anyone diehard enough to do would do anyway, and would probably still do due to being easier than recalling ( which in itself has a CD) respeccing, re allocating, and regearing.

So what you are saying is you don't like people changing up their game plan on the fly. By that notion are you going to suggest that we now also be limited to one character per account instead of the 8 total you can potentially have on the account?

With that said, you know what a solution to your concern would be rather than going "Reeee change it back". It would be to put say a 15 -30 minute timer on respeccing. Mayb even make a time that progressively gets longer until the day resets.

It really sounds like your issue is with respeccing as a whole. not the QOL change to disciplines that enables smoother progression, especially for harvesting and crafting.

You did not understand what I wrote. Hopefully the devs do.

Respecs were gated by discipline choice. Therefore, once invested to a legendary discipline, I would not respec to a different domain or a different promo which would need different disciplines (I could, but I'd lose the legendary discipline investment).

It is about investment into a build, not the fact that multiple builds could exist. You do realize your own example of pre-this-change would require all of those characters, across all of those accounts, to need different vessels and disciplines. Now, they all condense to one vessel and one of each discipline.

It has nothing to do with moment to moment flexibility and everything to do with needing to make economic choices with consequences. 

The in-between solution would be insisting upon a scaling gold cost to remove a discipline, based on its quality.

Something like:

• White-free
  • Green-16k major, 4k exploration, 1k minor
  • Blue - 48k major, 12k exploration, 3k minor
  • Purple - 144k major, 36k exploration, 9k minor
  • Orange - 432k major, 108k exploration, 27k minor

Those costs coincide with the cost to remake the same discipline at that quality. It is critical that this not slip into VIP FOR FREE category.

Let me apologize for coming off aggressive, it's not personal, but this is a much bigger problem than you've understood it to be, IMO.

Edited by McTan

Hello everyone,

We need more visual feedback when an action hit a creature in a group fight. If a player attack 3 creatures, while moving and hit it's hard to see which one is taking direct hit. Maybe a hit marker ?

Amicalement / Friendly, Classik.