Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.540 TEST Feedback for 6/24/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

• DEV-Tiggs changed the title to 6.540 TEST Feedback for 6/24/2021

I've been playing some classes and I feel the sound for hitting someone with an attack is too obtrusive and repetitive for something you have to hear throughout an entire fight. Especially having to hear it the entire time in longer fights can get annoying. If I may suggest something, changing the sound of at least the frostweaver and confessor attacks to something less present because the current sounds don't mesh well with the rest of the combat sounds. I don't think having the ability to know that your attack hit is bad but it should be less obtrusive.

(by the way, I really like what's happening with the distance sound design, just running around and hearing things like wolves howling, players fighting and even horses neighing at a distance is great for immersion and makes the world feel much more alive.)

Something I've heard people say a lot is that ''combat is floaty'' and I sorta agree with this statement. A fix for that might be reducing the range at which autoattacks hit because right now my melee auto attacks hit at slightly over 7 meters, but when I check my animation and sword length, they don't seem to be near what I'm trying to attack. This for me as a player feels weird because I'm hitting things I'm not supposed to be hitting according to my animation. Lowering the attack range (to be honest, perhaps even halving it) might be a step in the right direction to make combat feel better. I'm not sure how easy it is to change this but It's probably worth at least testing out to see how it feels.

These were just my first impressions on combat.

I notice there is a delay between falling and the damage registering on the health bar.  

Update: After testing further I think what I noticed was a bit of lag.  I think the little delay I see now is as intended.

Edited by Celticwolf

2 hours ago, Balathan said:

Just so no one forgets 7k+ alpha neckbreakers still exist. @thomasblair The on demand damage is way to high. Please review weapon scaling on neckbreaker. Auto crit is just gravy.

Also double armor values :D 

You also need consider that a full group get damage bonus from other disc. as well with active group buffs. But I agree it should tone down. For a solo player you maybe I hit above 1100 dps at lv. 30 with "Neckbreaker" on an alpha warrior, but I had blue rare great axe with + 20 damage bonus. (no rings/jewelries or beta rewards with bonus AD. since it was on the test server.)

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Just soloed a lvl 32 Chief on my lvl 30 warden. With base advanced gear from temple vendors, after getting my butt royally kicked on my conqueror.

Look, even me as a warden player gotta say it is too good in too many things.

TBF that Conq is built more for group play and the warden was my 1v1 build. But the fact remains that even when compared with my group build warden the conq cant win in a single category.

Warden has better damage. Even tho a good part of my warden damage is AOE it still had the same dps as the conq, despite the later being a whole lot more single target focused.

CC is about the same, but warden has it easier. The berserk stun from conq can actualy compete with Warden stun spam... if everyone is hitting you. The other CCs in your kit can make it comparable. still that is just against Trap master. If you compare popping trapmaster and being able to do other stuff and having to focus on CC it is clear warden has it better.

Warden has top lvl self sustain. The only weakness from my warden is getting kited, meaning i cant life steal. I have advantage in basically against all other melees. That is exactly what makes it one of the classes able to solo chiefs while other classes have no chance at all.

It is so bad i dont even utilize the more complex combos I could in my warden cuz more often than not it isnt necessary. Basically me playing at 90% efficiency is still enough to win most fights.

I post this because i would actually want the option to play my conqueror once in a while without feeling bad. Im not really hung up on meta and stuff, but using a clearly weaker class still doesnt feel comfortable to me. Specially with (hopefully) all fights after launch being important.

TLDR: Warden currently is a clear outlier. Please make it not be a must pick.

"Outpost guards and aggressive mobs will now ignore each other rather than start fights"

I'm sad this was removed, since it was a good indication of where players might be moving in the world: the mobs only fight each other if there's a player passing close enough for them to spawn.

There's rings for Physical and Elemental Resistance, but not Organic Resistance.

There's rings for Personal Healing Modifier, but not Personal Damage Modifier.

I like how you guys reorganized some of the Free Resource chests, but didn't add Runic Recipes, Geomancy Components, Architecture Components, or the new dropped food items to them

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.