Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.540.0 Live Feedback for 6/25/2021

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Alrighty, time to address the soulbinding in the room.

I attempted to give it some slack and I think I can see the justification for it, but at the same time... Its disappointing ya know? I can understanding being able to swap out Major and Minor disciplines. The game is going to evolve and adapt so you'd need to adapt with it. But exploration disciplines? It honestly feels a little insulting to those of us who want to specialize in crafting and gathering.

Not because it is now a case of 'everybody can do it' but because now everyone can do it with 1 character. With the recent addition to the changes of flawed assembly you can formally dump the assembly stat and Intelligence has become the sole crafting stat. To that end, a guild only needs 1 crafter to function. And more importantly it will become the normal to have a single character on a single account to assemble entire items rather then using the coordination aspect that I will bend over backwards to praise for promoting player interactivity.

I always enjoyed that crowfall rewarded specialization and focus of one craft per character, maybe two if a character was willing to half split their assembly stat. Sure, destroying a discipline sucked when you had to upgrade. But the gathering of discs to upgrade was never the real problem, it was always complaining about the gold cost associated with leveling them up and all that jazz.

I gave this new system a try and now on a single character I have five different green craftings in two days and three green gatherings. And its doable, and thats why I hate it. I don't have to rely on my guildmates for anything other then expediting the gathering of supplies for me and in order to not be an 'inconvience' to others, so many people are just going to do it themselves. Also you've effectively tanked any reason for anyone to ever sell alchemist potions or other 'easy make' goods since its cheaper to just buy the small scraps from the vendors and do it yourself.

On that note, get rid of the vendors in the temple outside of the food vendor and the blacksmithing vendor. If you think that there needs to be more easily accessible common vessels then you should be looking at making the crafting path too them more accessible (which arguably I think you've done a great job of with the recipe reductions for ambrosia by the by, good job on that one). We're coming up to launch fast and we need to ween players off this expectation of using non player vendors.

I still would like to see your methods for how you wanna do the new disk progression methodism. I personally would love to see cheaper recipe drops that everyone can use for different crafts to proc green disc drop chances so new players have a way to farm mid tier elites and late game players will buy from said players in order to get discs themselves since they're resource efficient. That or the implementation of an 'apprentice' disc which allows for limited recipes at all station or at least the ability to see all the recipes even if they are not craftable.

The last implemented section of the NPE is nice, I think the numbers of killed bears could be scaled back.

I do hope the map beyond the barriers will be randomized once more upon launch, I'd assume that the case but just stating it.

Also please change the vendor recipe, its unreasonable to require an explicitly human vessel for it.

Might need a balancing pass on weapons weight vs dmg this one done solely looking at 1h weapons vs Maces (2hded might be different)

So it seems on average the difference between a 1h weapon compared to a lego 1h mace is roughly 10% (was getting 100dmg give or take a couple points on 1h weapons (non mace) vs 110 dmg give or take on the maces. The difference in weapon weight was 30.

On the classes that can use 1h weapons so Knights, Rangers and Assassins it seemed using a maces was no where near as good as using the sword or axe (Rip secutors and sentinels however who are kinda forced into maces) not only do everything cost more resources to use your basic attack dmg also takes a nose dive in dmg output aswell, soo yeah might wanna do a check/pass on this i feel 20-25% extra dmg would be better balanced.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

5 minutes ago, Altybear said:

Not because it is now a case of 'everybody can do it' but because now everyone can do it with 1 character. With the recent addition to the changes of flawed assembly you can formally dump the assembly stat and Intelligence has become the sole crafting stat. To that end, a guild only needs 1 crafter to function. And more importantly it will become the normal to have a single character on a single account to assemble entire items rather then using the coordination aspect that I will bend over backwards to praise for promoting player interactivity.

Just wanted nothing has changed then because before there was also no reason to try and level assembly since you will always be 98% success chance when crafting anything just by disapline alone. tbh to make assembly worth wild you need to make it do something else over just success chance so double procing crafts or leveling up quality based on assembly (Guildie said one of his crafts proced up once but i havant seen it and he could be pulling my leg however so cant comfirm that).

That could make assembly a viable stat over experimentation pips.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 hour ago, Altybear said:

I gave this new system a try and now on a single character I have five different green craftings in two days and three green gatherings. And its doable, and thats why I hate it. I don't have to rely on my guildmates for anything other then expediting the gathering of supplies for me and in order to not be an 'inconvience' to others, so many people are just going to do it themselves. Also you've effectively tanked any reason for anyone to ever sell alchemist potions or other 'easy make' goods since its cheaper to just buy the small scraps from the vendors and do it yourself.

On that note, get rid of the vendors in the temple outside of the food vendor and the blacksmithing vendor. If you think that there needs to be more easily accessible common vessels then you should be looking at making the crafting path too them more accessible (which arguably I think you've done a great job of with the recipe reductions for ambrosia by the by, good job on that one). We're coming up to launch fast and we need to ween players off this expectation of using non player vendors.

Problem is mob loot drops combined with no viable marketplace and NPC vendors created a need to slowly modify the game to allow everyone to do everything. 

I reckon you should add a little more weight and dmg to 1h axes to make them different from swords since there both slashing weapons would add a bit more difference between them

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Blood and Bone are used in a handful of recipes, none of which depend on the quality of the blood or bone. Yet we get different qualities depending on the rank of the skinned mob. This causes issues when trying to craft gem and mineral potions, because the bone needs to be all the same quality. 

Please either make blood and bone all 1 quality level, or modify the gem and mineral potion recipe to not require a stack of 6 bone powder. Break the requirement into 3 boxes of 2 each, at least, so we can use different qualities in each box if necessary.

I just spent a half hour harvesting rank 4 and 5 animals and got 1 poor, 2 common and 1 uncommon bone. I still need 4 more common before I can make a potion.

i have feedbacked this many times..

Vanguard Scout has awful dps --- its labeled damage for HD but control in its promotion class but it doesnt do either well.

it needs a considerable damage upgrade as many damage archetypes are doing 2k plus hits and a vanguard scout cant even hit for 300 outside of discipline based powers.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995