Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6.540 TEST Feedback for 6/28/2021

TEST Patch Notes  

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to TEST Bug Reports and don't forget the Legend for ACE feedback on Bugs reported!

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou are crunchy and go well with ketchup!

Assassin and Champion nerfs are fine in this patch, but when are we going to see tweaks to other classes to bring them up, and nerfs in particular to Warden to bring them down a bit?

Weird to see minor tweaks in this patch and not just consolidate and make all of the balance changes in one go if there will be any in the launch candidate. I guess it's because the changes were simple, whereas Warden needs more complicated changes to keep it functioning but not so far above the others?

Shaving 10% off hits of up to 7k damage is an absolute joke. Please do not "bring other classes up" ttk right now is already silly.

Armor vs damage scaling needs to be desperately addressed, and either hp needs to be doubled or top end damage brought properly into check. As things stand right now it's just silly.

Edited by UnderGrowth

Looks like on TEST you reverted group sizes back to 5 players for some dumb reason. Can you switch it back?

6 player groups literally make this game's large scale (and honestly small scale) content much better, as it allows for far more flexibility in team composition due to current game balance revolving around needing 2 healers per group. 2 healers are required due to cooldown coverage within group, it makes for a far more stable group. This has big impact on the number of utility classes you can run in a composition, and the total number of healers you need in your team.

In a team of 30 in the prior group size, you only needed 10 healers (5 groups, 2 healers each). Now you need 12 and to organize another full 5 player spec group - which is another problem in and of itself. That extra player makes a big difference to overall meta, 2 DPS 1 Tank 1 Utility +2 Healers really enables all of these cool niche discs the game offers. 2 DPS, 1 Tank and 2 healers basically cuts them from being used by serious players because you don't want to waste healing throughput on a lot of utility picks.

That change was universally loved. We would have preferred you rolled 6 player groups out to the whole damn game instead - why on earth would you kill it days before launch? Who asked for this?

Team Crowfall -

Barbarians need to be balance, Their CC, output damage and self healing is off the chart. They are the only class with (3) neck breakers right of the bat and a fourth way within seconds. Please consider the following: Increasing the cost of neck breakers in line with Alpha Warriors.

Lord of the Forest needs to be balance. Having Protection stake with Wee one is too much in one Major Look close and you will see every class that takes LotF. Please consider the following: Separate Wee One and Protection stake. Not sure where to put they need to be split.

Other classes that need love

Fury Templar - This class is not worth even consider. Fury skill can you maximum hps increase but this class lacks of so much damage is not even funny. Suggestions: Heal for XXX amount every time you perform CC ability and increases your fire damage by XX% (make your divine light do something). Right now Fury leaves much to be desire. 

Edited by Avathos

8 minutes ago, Avathos said:

Lord of the Forest needs to be balance. Having Protection stake with Wee one is too much in one Major Look close and you will see every class that takes LotF. Please consider the following: Separate Wee One and Protection stake. Not sure where to put they need to be split.

Yes, let's go and nerf the underperforming classes who have access to this even further, sounds like a great idea. /s

27 minutes ago, galvia said:

Looks like on TEST you reverted group sizes back to 5 players for some dumb reason. Can you switch it back?

6 player groups literally make this game's large scale (and honestly small scale) content much better, as it allows for far more flexibility in team composition due to current game balance revolving around needing 2 healers per group. 2 healers are required due to cooldown coverage within group, it makes for a far more stable group. This has big impact on the number of utility classes you can run in a composition, and the total number of healers you need in your team.

In a team of 30 in the prior group size, you only needed 10 healers (5 groups, 2 healers each). Now you need 12 and to organize another full 5 player spec group - which is another problem in and of itself. That extra player makes a big difference to overall meta, 2 DPS 1 Tank 1 Utility +2 Healers really enables all of these cool niche discs the game offers. 2 DPS, 1 Tank and 2 healers basically cuts them from being used by serious players because you don't want to waste healing throughput on a lot of utility picks.

That change was universally loved. We would have preferred you rolled 6 player groups out to the whole damn game instead - why on earth would you kill it days before launch? Who asked for this?

In fairness they had stated they were testing it as a potential rule set option. So it's likely it will be seen going forward as one of the supposed rulesets that has never been tested for dregs

47 minutes ago, UnderGrowth said:

Yes, let's go and nerf the underperforming classes who have access to this even further, sounds like a great idea. /s

Listen to yourself. You underperforming classes to have access to an OP Major. What's going to happen when we give it to already OP class? The right solution is BUFF an underperforming class. 

4 hours ago, Avathos said:

Listen to yourself. You underperforming classes to have access to an OP Major. What's going to happen when we give it to already OP class? The right solution is BUFF an underperforming class. 

Oh yea and what "overpowered" classes have access to this purely support major, I'd be interested to know, and if the answer is warden, well funny thing thing, warden is very high up on the needing of nerfs, and it's not access to major like lord of the forest that is the sole cause of it. More importantly why are you trying to nerf defenses even harder. We already have a massive scaling issue between damage vs defense, where damage is out scaling defense ridiculously.

Finally what scenario are you coming from with this, because it certainly sounds like you are approaching this from a 1v1 perspective, which to be honest the game isn't, and shouldn't be balanced around anyway.

I'll be the first person to state that we need some drastic balance changes in this 6.55 patch, or things are going to be absolutely terrible on launch, but lord of the forest is very very very far down on the list of majors that need to be looked at.

Edited by UnderGrowth

4 hours ago, Avathos said:

Other classes that need love

Fury Templar - This class is not worth even consider. Fury skill can you maximum hps increase but this class lacks of so much damage is not even funny. Suggestions: Heal for XXX amount every time you perform CC ability and increases your fire damage by XX% (make your divine light do something). Right now Fury leaves much to be desire. 

This spec has no purpose.  Paladin and Vindi do it better and if you want something from the fury you can get it from a different class and be better off. I can't think of one situation where I would be like hey we need a fury.

4 hours ago, MrErad said:

This spec has no purpose.  Paladin and Vindi do it better and if you want something from the fury you can get it from a different class and be better off. I can't think of one situation where I would be like hey we need a fury.

Thats why Fury should keep knockdown on Righteous Parry, and it should be removed from Vindicator to only deal damage. Also that skill is so much broken atm ( doing 6k guaranteed crits on plate with slashing damage while doing knockdown on top of it, no cooldown, easily spamable against melee classes, protecting you endlessly from cc and damage while you parry). Also spaming execute is also ridiculous, it need some cooldown just like what archmage execute got.

Edited by BooR

7 hours ago, BooR said:

Thats why Fury should keep knockdown on Righteous Parry, and it should be removed from Vindicator to only deal damage. Also that skill is so much broken atm ( doing 6k guaranteed crits on plate with slashing damage while doing knockdown on top of it, no cooldown, easily spamable against melee classes, protecting you endlessly from cc and damage while you parry). Also spaming execute is also ridiculous, it need some cooldown just like what archmage execute got.

Problem is the armor values in this game.  Not so much what a vindi or the DPS classes can do.  With the right load out weapons built you're basically ignoring a persons armor and most classes are better off running leather for the damage bonus / healing bonus. Hence why PDM is king.  Taking away the KD from Vindi wont do a thing and might actually help in some scenarios. The only thing that needs to be stripped is the damnation dot from Divine or if they want to keep it swap it to fire instead of holy damage.

Fury the whole kit is lack luster because other classes can do it better.  First thing they could do is make Fury's devotion flash cast and allow it to act like Free Action for the group.  Next thing I would do is make holy warrior apply slow to melee attacks for all party members.  Unless you need Pips there is no reason to be auto attacking unless you took the Divine Intervention Talent to spread damnation around. Or the player is purely defensive.  Update the tooltip for Divine Light so it also states after the KD it Dazes.  The Fury Talent itself is questionable & swap out Protection for something like Death , Plague, or Dark .   To many of the templar majors are shared across protection , justice & can easily be picked by swapping the race. 

8 hours ago, BooR said:

Great point.  RP should different things for the (3) Templar classes, same as Champion Neckbreakers

Vindicator - Something related to damage (or even reduce enemy damage)

Fury - Something related to CC

Paladin - Something related to healing

Currently not happy about the changes to the kebabs. 4 meat per 1 kebab and mushrooms no longer count as produce. I am mining, so Aurok meat is what I need for that. The lack of Auroks in the Solarium is concerning. Now almost 85% of the items needed for the kebabs is purchased off the vendor. I wish this really would change. Now I have to spend more time in the GR area to farm the mats necessary for 1 kebab.

Also, the harvesting is not good. I spent 2 hours in Skypoint with 5 picks, no food to raise my beneficial harvest, cause, the above, and no disc drops at all. It needs to be adjusted. Please. I was also on a half elf assassin, so my points were decent. It will be so frustrating during launch to harvest, especially if I have to split my time skinning for meat just to make 1 kebab to get my bene up.

#Edited to reflect changes: The UI for the cooking station was showing 4 per kebab. I went back later and it was 2 as it should be, sorry for the bad feedback. Also, Aurok were in Solarium, just off to the far edge of the world. 

Edited by UDL_Harvesters
wrong info