Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FenrisDDevil

Full Loot In The Shadow Ruleset (If Dregs Won't Have Guilds (?))

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want full loot in the Shadow ruleset?

• Yes
    • No

According to the recent 2nd part of MMORPG.com interview we won't have guilds in Dregs.. instead it could be a "battle royale" mode.

Many of us wanted a ruleset similar to Darkfall, with lootable inventory AND equipment.. we don't care about import/export ratios.

I would love to hear your opinions.

P.S. I do hope Friendly Fire is on for teammates also..

Edit: On the other side they stated

On the razor-thin edge of the Hunger lies the Dregs... Worlds utterly drained of warmth, about to shatter into dust. Alliances between Guilds are weak and brittle. These every-man-for-himself Worlds are deadly and unforgiving - yet they yield the greatest reward for those who can survive.

At this point I don't really understand if guilds will be in Dregs or not.. there have been incoherent informations. DEVs?

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

Fine, full loot, but you'll be my squire.

you'll get one of the mexicans!

but on topic:

I don't care whether they allow guild features in the dregs or put full loot in the shadows...

I'd prefer the first option though

but on topic:

I don't care whether they allow guild features in the dregs or put full loot in the shadows...

I'd prefer the first option though

Umh.. I didn't think about that. :o

But if they added guild features in the dregs, wouldn't that split the population in 2 similar rulesets with equipment loot being the only difference?

y9tj8G5.png

Umh.. I didn't think about that. :o

But if they added guild features in the dregs, wouldn't that split the population in 2 similar rulesets with equipment loot being the only difference?

well, and the ressources that can be found.... and the export rules...

I think it's just idiotic, because people will band together anyways. They'll use out of game stuff, like teamspeak to coordinate anyways.

The whole concept of disabling guild-features is just stupid imo, because people will work around it regardless.

Edited by freeze

I find it silly that some people can only see guilds existing if there are in-game mechanics to form in-game structures, as if people simply playing together can't constitute to playing as a guild ;)

I find it silly that some people can only see guilds existing if there are in-game mechanics to form in-game structures, as if people simply playing together can't constitute to playing as a guild ;)

This. Just because drega is ffa doesn't means people won't play in small groups..

[TB] The Balance
Nation of Equilibrium

This. Just because drega is ffa doesn't means people won't play in small groups..

ofc but it depends on what buildings ur able to build without having an actual guild... maybe u need a guild to build special stuff like crafting tables to make gear? idk

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

You don't see the whole picture. A ruleset without guilds is CONSTRUCTED to be without guilds, probably it will have victory conditions very different from "having more holdings than others" or "bloodstone points", and it will be probably of very short duration (a-la battleroyale from h1z1).

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png

ya, but why restrict it, if people ignore it anyways?

You don't see the whole picture. A ruleset without guilds is CONSTRUCTED to be without guilds, probably it will have victory conditions very different from "having more holdings than others" or "bloodstone points", and it will be probably of very short duration (a-la battleroyale from h1z1).

How exactly will you prevent people playing for the benefit of their guild? Let's assume that scenario is essentially a battle royale where the last person gets the whole pie. Most guilds or even friends will essentially team up and kill off everyone else until all competition is dead, and that's when they'll either pick who wins the campaign this time around, or they'll simply duel each other and split the spoils after campaign is over.

Bottom line is, most "guilds" and teams will kill everyone else before they turn on each other.

Edited by Nefastus

How exactly will you prevent people playing for the benefit of their guild? Let's assume that scenario is essentially a battle royale where the last person gets the whole pie. Most guilds or even friends will essentially team up and kill off everyone else until all competition is dead, and that's when they'll either pick who wins the campaign this time around, or they'll simply duel each other and split the spoils after campaign is over.

Bottom line is, most "guilds" and teams will kill everyone else before they turn on each other.

I hear you and totally agree. I was merely saying that I doubt there will be mechanics meant for guilds like sieges.

I must say at this point I am not sure if Dregs will have guilds or not, though.

Edited by fenrisddevil

y9tj8G5.png