Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quickbuild - The Wreckutor

galvia

Hey Crows! Here's a quick build for folks new to Crowfall coming in on Launch that are interested in playing a super tanky knight that also happens to explode for 3 - 5k damage every 30s in an AOE. This spec is crazy fun to play, and is often overlooked by new players because it requires a bit of a weird disc setup. Crowcaine links and screenshots below.

The Wreckutor

(Note, any race works here. I prefer Human or Stoneborn.)

Sgjrq6Q.png

XWgVQlN.png

Build Notes

This build is viable in all scales of combat. It provides excellent control, consistent surprise damage, and has a simple flowchart ability rotation with opportunity for large impact on a skilled player who knows how to control a fight.

Gear

Normally I don't include this as it's obvious, but on the Wreckutor it isn't so clear. You really want to run Plate in this build but you can get away with Mail if you're ballsy, and your main hand weapon matters. You can go for Sword or Mace in this build - ideally you pick something that is getting buffed from your friends damage ramp discs like Demolisher for crushing.

Your Combo

This build is all about comboing stackable barriers together and detonating them on your enemy. Normally you want to Ult so that you can't be CC'd out of your combo. Here is your combo:
Source of PDM (Redirected Strikes or Knight Ult) > Oath of Will > Blade Turning > Wreckoning

To maximize this combo you want to hit your primary target with a shield attack (bash or illusory shield) to apply the spiked shield debuff to them, then begin your combo. You can detonate your full combo every 30s, and you can squeeze in a smaller Oath of Will > Wreckoning bomb inbetween large damage spikes. Try to coordinate your spikes with your team as much as possible.

During downtime, go for hooks on out of position players, maintain shield bash on the called target so they can't dodge away, and try to be as annoying as possible to the enemy.

Have fun!

Your minors don't seem to be helping a lot. Is rooting one runner with Throw Shield useful when my plan is to wade in and blow up the meleeball? And why Pound of Flesh vs Pack Avatar or Glamour Weapon or, well, anything that's useful after the first hit?

71431_original.jpg

2 hours ago, Guurzak said:

Your minors don't seem to be helping a lot. Is rooting one runner with Throw Shield useful when my plan is to wade in and blow up the meleeball? And why Pound of Flesh vs Pack Avatar or Glamour Weapon or, well, anything that's useful after the first hit?

Illusory shield hits 3 targets with the root, and applies an armor break to each of them which buffs your damage and your teams damage. Pound of Flesh just supports the intention of the bomb - which is to open up targets for others to capitalize on. Pack Avatar would be a fine choice, but I wouldn't suggest Glamor Weapon specifically because you do basically zero damage as this spec outside of your bomb timings - which don't benefit from anything other than % damage increases.

Illusory shield is required as it is the best source of armor break for the build, but your second minor is up to you.

6 hours ago, UnderGrowth said:

I'd be lying to say it wouldn't be a gamble to use this build at launch as there are some questionable interactions at play that could get "fixed"

What are you talking about "Questionable interactions" ?  They already nerfed wreckoning so that it doesn't do bleed damage.

7 hours ago, Soldack said:

Is this build viable at launch? 

was slightly nerfed (bleeding damage was replaced to a fire as I right remember, so it is not a pure dmg anymore) but still works as a tank high survivability and even for small scale

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

On 7/3/2021 at 7:24 AM, Wilbur said:

A quick demonstration of the carnage massed wreckutors can cause to an unsuspecting enemy.

Rotations?

This build sounds great 👍

@galvia I wanted to go for swordsman but your guide push me to test! So i'm testing it right now, and i choosed High Elf for the mobility but i don't know how to set the stats very well, should i put all to health? To strengh or a balance health/strengh? Ty

2 hours ago, Yojimbe said:

This build sounds great 👍

@galvia I wanted to go for swordsman but your guide push me to test! So i'm testing it right now, and i choosed High Elf for the mobility but i don't know how to set the stats very well, should i put all to health? To strengh or a balance health/strengh? Ty

Put them ALL in CON. CON is the only stat that matters for the Wreckutor as it scales your barrier bonus, and more barriers = more damage. The Crowcaine link at the top of the post shows the entire stat allocation.

This is a fun build, but I prefer the guinecian to the elken secutor for maximum surprise.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, galvia said:

Put them ALL in CON. CON is the only stat that matters for the Wreckutor as it scales your barrier bonus, and more barriers = more damage. The Crowcaine link at the top of the post shows the entire stat allocation.

Okay! :D thank you Galvia, thats really cool! i will do that! 

(btw, you don't stream anymore Galv?)

Edited by Yojimbe

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gal I've seen a few of your builds and wanted to ask a question, I apologize for popping in here to mention it but this is what I found when I was googling stuff for wreckoning and I figured I'd ask your opinion on a crusader build that aims to do basically the same thing but instead of offering CC just offers heals to keep people alive.
https://crowcaine.wiki/build/O1ikNMEB9FRqfbRyjQc8

If I shouldn't have posted this here I apologize I just figured since it's pretty similar to what you have going on here it'd be worth a shot to ask if there's anything you may suggest or if the build just looks awful to you. lol

On 7/23/2021 at 11:52 PM, Scege said:

Hey gal I've seen a few of your builds and wanted to ask a question, I apologize for popping in here to mention it but this is what I found when I was googling stuff for wreckoning and I figured I'd ask your opinion on a crusader build that aims to do basically the same thing but instead of offering CC just offers heals to keep people alive.
https://crowcaine.wiki/build/O1ikNMEB9FRqfbRyjQc8

If I shouldn't have posted this here I apologize I just figured since it's pretty similar to what you have going on here it'd be worth a shot to ask if there's anything you may suggest or if the build just looks awful to you. lol

Hey! No problem. I don't mind the thread getting bumped at all :P

I'll level with you, this build looks like garbage but it is probably fun if you wanted to do a little healing and also blow up sometimes. The reason this build looks bad isn't that your barrier sources are bad or anything like that though - it's that your base kit does not synergize with pumping CON like this build requires (to max barrier bonus, and increase your damage) but also it has no bonuses that improve your overall damage of your bombs. Secutor also has Redirected Strikes and a 500 SP ulti to allow them to protect their barrier more while preparing the bomb, which is really important.

Your idea is cool, the game just doesn't support it that well. Try it out for yourself and see how you do!

19 hours ago, galvia said:

Hey! No problem. I don't mind the thread getting bumped at all :P

I'll level with you, this build looks like garbage but it is probably fun if you wanted to do a little healing and also blow up sometimes. The reason this build looks bad isn't that your barrier sources are bad or anything like that though - it's that your base kit does not synergize with pumping CON like this build requires (to max barrier bonus, and increase your damage) but also it has no bonuses that improve your overall damage of your bombs. Secutor also has Redirected Strikes and a 500 SP ulti to allow them to protect their barrier more while preparing the bomb, which is really important.

Your idea is cool, the game just doesn't support it that well. Try it out for yourself and see how you do!

I tried it after I posted and you're absolutely right, it's garbage lol.
I think I'll probably retain the base of it tho which is having a good chunky barrier to slap on people while I heal em so I guess it kinda works out in the end.
Appreciate your input.

I was kinda hoping for the game to be janky and take that hammer of god trait and turn the barrier to holy which would bypass the need for reducing mitigations but unfortunately that wasn't the case cause it just ended up doing crushing via my weapon :,(

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 8:03 PM, galvia said:

stackable barriers

This just hit me. There are barriers that stack? Don't they overwrite each other?