Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quickbuild - Troubador Fury Templar

galvia

Hey Crows! With launch incoming I wanted to post a small build guide for the Fury Templar for folks coming in and interested in playing the most annoying Melee Class in the game. This build is super fun to play and brings a lot of value to small scale and large scale fights - check it out if you are interested in debuffing everyone and making them sit on their ass for full fights.

Troubador Fury Templar

(Any race will work here)
espQwkZ.png

6zvKnqS.png

Build Notes

This class is really simple to play at a beginner level. Run in, cast all of your spells, hold down parry while delivering your requiem debuff to as many people as possible. This build also brings some nice group buffs through Toughness and Entertainer. I am hardly a templar player, so if any experienced ones want to chip in play concepts in the comments or post their own builds feel free.

The largest Templar Tip I can provide is that you want to parry way more than feels comfortable. You do want to press all of your skills when you aren't being targeted or have some space, but you want to parry very frequently to reduce your damage taken and dish out a constant flow of knockdowns.

Song Twisting

Just a little note on Song Twisting, which is an "advanced" mechanic this build relies on. Song twisting is a feature unique to the music domain, where if you cast a sequence of songs you can gain a buff that empowers the strength of your next cast song. In this build, you are trying to empower Requiem as it will increase the damage your enemies take by 20% which is huge.

To twist out requiem, ahead of a fight ideally you'll cast:
Consonant Chains >Song of Speed > Requiem
On the next pulse of requiem you will cast Yaga's Requiem, buffing the output of the song.

Now, as you continue to channel requiem you'll channel "Yaga's Requiem" instead which provides the better debuff. Make sure you keep this song channeled, because if you drop the song you'll no longer be applying the debuff.

Have fun!

Edited by galvia

I get what you're trying to do here and would say yeah it could work as a support but at the same time for noobies I wouldn't bother with this class & music.  Hell even as a Templar I find the Fury lackluster.  A Pitfighter with music would last longer for them.  Fury is in that weird place of master of none & sort of a jack of all trades but doesn't even do the stuff its supposed to on a mediocre level.  You could take a vindi that basically does the same thing but puts out 2-3x more damage or go a Paladin either strength or spirit based and be more useful.

This is one of the specs that I wish the devs would make the Fury's upgrades more interesting. Like devotion being flash cast for them , Holy warrior applying a group slow for all melee attacks instead of being self only.  Then I would consider a Fury more often as part of a group comp. The divine light is nice but you can get that same effects from an upgraded slow stake with larger size , duration from another class & the on demand KD is nice but those will be flying out from any other class.

If you're going for straight beastly tank through HP who's going to really focus the templar to begin with? This is one of those specs that I don't see the point in 1 or 2 but if you start bring more than that I could think of a few ways these could be a real problem. I know EU ran a Fury meta back in the day & don't think a NA one every evolved on our servers and my clan used Vindis / Paladins as our meta. Maybe someone from EU could give a better insight on this but pretty sure it was before domains.

12 minutes ago, MrErad said:

I know EU ran a Fury meta back in the day & don't think a NA one every evolved on our servers and my clan used Vindis / Paladins as our meta. Maybe someone from EU could give a better insight on this but pretty sure it was before domains.

EU definitely makes better use of this spec. I think Fury is honestly the best Troubador carrier in the game currently in medium/large scale with how much melee balling is prevalent, but I think your feedback is totally on point. I'm also admittedly not really a Templar player - just wanted to submit something to the class forum that I knew does the job it's intended to do.

I've definitely seen it's impact, but there are other specs that can fill similar roles. Curious to see what @Seitandothinks about this.

Just now, galvia said:

EU definitely makes better use of this spec. I think Fury is honestly the best Troubador carrier in the game currently in medium/large scale with how much melee balling is prevalent, but I think your feedback is totally on point. I'm also admittedly not really a Templar player - just wanted to submit something to the class forum that I knew does the job it's intended to do.

I've definitely seen it's impact, but there are other specs that can fill similar roles. Curious to see what @Seitandothinks about this.

Yeah thats why it would be interesting to hear from more EU guys about it.  I think its the most lackluster spec to run Troubador on.  Yes melee balling will always be a thing but I think its biggest problem is it doesn't really stand out from the other 2 then you compare it to classes that can run the same domain and you're sitting there with a big old WHY?  Thats my biggest issue with it.  They really should revamp the traits a bit and make the fury talent even group wide and then you're talking something interesting (might have to reduce hp amount).

To twist out requiem, ahead of a fight ideally you'll cast:
Requiem - Consonant Chains - Song of Speed > You've now got the song twisting buff > Cast Requiem a second time.

Skip the first Requiem and you will save time

I think its the most lackluster spec to run Troubador on.

Name me a spec which can last longer in the frontline than a fury and can do that job

Yes melee balling will always be a thing but I think its biggest problem is it doesn't really stand out from the other 2

I guess you are talking about Templars? Fury stands out.. it has the musicdomain :D

then you compare it to classes that can run the same domain and you're sitting there with a big old WHY?

Because of frontlineuptime

14 minutes ago, MrErad said:

Because a pitfighter can frontline just as well?

For aslong as his ults last. Then he is up up and away

15 minutes ago, UnderGrowth said:

I'd sooner run a Sentinal with troub than a fury, also the fury passive is absolute garbage and really needs to be re-evaluated,

Sentinel is a immobile papertank

28 minutes ago, Makuza said:

Skip the first Requiem and you will save time

Learned something new - I didn't realize the auto pulse came out quick enough for twisting. Good tip. Editing.

2 minutes ago, Makuza said:

For aslong as his ults last. Then he is up up and away

Sentinel is a immobile papertank

Knight... Immoble... compared to templars.... you clearly don't know your classes.

1 minute ago, UnderGrowth said:

Knight... Immoble... compared to templars.... you clearly don't know your classes.

yap, iam clearly new this game and mechanics. I wasnt comparing templar mobility against knight mobility. The point is that a sentinel would need way more mobility to overcome the lack of tankiness, which is a problem the templar does not suffer from :)

In general, it really depends what kind of fights we are even talking about here... my perspective is reflecting an engagement of 20-30ish vs even numbers. I know thats not really something the NA meta is aiming for, so that might be the issue

3 minutes ago, Makuza said:

yap, iam clearly new this game and mechanics. I wasnt comparing templar mobility against knight mobility. The point is that a sentinel would need way more mobility to overcome the lack of tankiness, which is a problem the templar does not suffer from :)

In general, it really depends what kind of fights we are even talking about here... my perspective is reflecting an engagement of 20-30ish vs even numbers. I know thats not really something the NA meta is aiming for, so that might be the issue

See for me it seems like its about bringing a buff bot basically where every other class can bring some new stuff to the fight. Thats why its interesting to see how EU views things.

1 minute ago, MrErad said:

See for me it seems like its about bringing a buff bot basically where every other class can bring some new stuff to the fight. Thats why its interesting to see how EU views things.

Which is exactly my point. To be the debuffbi..., you need the uptime. If you want uptime, you want a fury and not something which needs to jump away after 3 ults

EDIT: bad words, which werent even filterd :D

Edited by Makuza

11 hours ago, Makuza said:

We prefer 150 v 50.  The Fury passive does seem kind of hot garbage.  It’s a passive that makes you tankier when you’re already supreme tier tanky so you’re just stacking more tank?  I’d rather have some utility for the group than more tankiness for a spec that’s already top tier.  Just feels like over kill.  Also, I absolutely hate the Templar Ult.  Just feels lack luster.  Let me blind people at 20m so it has an actual impact.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I p;ersoanly would pref Sentinel as this build because the aura of chivilary isnt bad aswell with the in combat stam regen for that extra buff.

On another note i think they should allow Songs to be played on mounts with a debuff that causes any dmg to dismount them. This is because they waste a decent amount of time getting there songs twisted at start of a fight and this way they can maintain songs as they go into a fight. Little quality of life for songs and makes them a little more useful.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

3 hours ago, veeshan said:

i feel they should just make there next class a bard and have a proper bard class than a makeshift one

So we just macro it like in SB?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png