Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick Build - The Lawnmower Titan

galvia

Hey Crows! With launch coming up, I think this is a great time to post a build that can quickly get you into Titan if you are new to the game, and serve as a great starter template for you to create your own builds off of. Titan has a ton of customization available to it, and it's a really fun skill based class that you can just dumpster people on if they don't know how to counter you. A well played Titan is an absolute beast in small scale, but I wouldn't recommend this build in large scale unless you have Staff sized balls (interpret that however you'd like).

Lawnmower Titan
(Note, Minor Discs are personal preference. Majors are too sort of, but I like this pairing.)
x0DoHKO.png
60z6mHw.png

Build Notes

This build is a little complicated, but basically you use it to rush down isolated targets with large single target damage. You can help peel or pick targets with net pull, and have a ton of mobility available to you.

Combat looks like this flow chart roughly:

Do you have free action? Yes
Use Berserk, Press Free Action > Do damage and freely mitigate the crash.

If no, do you have ultimate? Yes
Use Berserk > Do damage freely and EVALUATE if you need to ult your crash (>40% red on the berserk bar is scary, think about ulting or evading to pulverize)

Don't have free action or ultimate? Play safe
Use berserk if you need help catching up on healing, or feel that you can escape a crash. At 5 - 6s left on your berserk timer, evaluate if you should start using movement or getting away from the enemy so that you don't risk crashing and dying suddenly.

Your damage rotation relies on a priority system. It looks like this:
On entry, berserk > free action > whirlwind until at least 10 titan stacks are built (+30% damage to basics and neck slash)
Single Target rotation:
Verify that the target is bleeding (Prior basic 3's or a whirlwind tick) > Berserk > Serrated Blades > Neckslash > Basic Attacks into Neck Slashes > Pulverize with < 1s on the timer.
Multi Target rotation:
Berserk > Whirlwind to apply bleeds/build stacks > Neck Slash > Serrated Blades called target > Basic Attacks into Neck Slashes on called target > Pulverize with < 1s on the timer.

As needed use net pull and colossus smash to lock down targets and reset your neck slash cooldown.

This build takes a lot of experience and time to get good at, but when you get it to work you will be a very mean melee DPS and a nightmare for the enemy to deal with. Beware players who know how to count to 10.

New Players Note on the Titan Community

In order to play Titan, you need to be a little dumb and a bit of an unpleasant person. The berserk mechanic really leans into some macho dumb mentality, and every Titan player has a chip on their shoulder. Think of them like the guy in Gym class who tried a bit too hard all the time in a desperate attempt to get some attention and recognition in a place that really didn't matter. With that in mind, there are a ton of different ways of approaching this class and playing it well - but I expect a little hostility in the replies.

Play Titan in whatever way suits you best. If you want to go all in on single target, don't run whirlwind. If you want to run the Gore Execute, probably skip serrated blade and go the bottom line. Battle Scream in the middle is also a great talent.

3 hours ago, sakers said:

What attribute points?

STR to cap, then get CON to 8k HP, then go DEX after that for more crit chance. Basically you care about maxing your main DPS stat, then living, then pushing for greedy bonus stats.

Galvia - are you sure Freedom Fighter (Free Action) is providing you from Crash? Seems it doesnt work for me, while Pulverize does the job.

10 hours ago, Tresette said:

Galvia - are you sure Freedom Fighter (Free Action) is providing you from Crash? Seems it doesnt work for me, while Pulverize does the job.

You use Free Action right after you press berserk to give you CC immunity, so that you can channel pulverize with no risk crashing. The free action itself does not do the job.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Retsopmi said:

Why mino over half giant or stoneborn? Mino racials suck and the extra dex is mitigated by lower str.

IF you get CC'ed and fail your berserker crash then you take all the damage that you mitigated during that berserk - often meaning you die.  Minotaurs have Stun immunity from the front.

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

IF you get CC'ed and fail your berserker crash then you take all the damage that you mitigated during that berserk - often meaning you die.  Minotaurs have Stun immunity from the front.

What classes have frontal stuns other than Myrmidon and druid? Stun is the least used CC in the game from what I've seen. Lots of snares, suppress, knockdowns, blinds but not many stuns.

Stoneborn in comparison has chance to remove all bleeds when a new one is applied. All knockdowns (the most common CC) reduced by 2 seconds and increases damage for 12 seconds after you get knocked down. Then activatable 50% damage reduction. 

Stat wise, based on the calculator, all three of the races are within 1% crit chance of each other a lvl 30. The only differences are passives really and stoneborn also gets more stamina and with zero points spent in con, gets almost native 10k health.

I've been playing around today with the class, but about to reroll stoneborn I think. 

(All of this assumes taking all stat nodes, as most optional skills suck and an extra minor is really pointless on most classes other than to add attack power which the stat node does anyways)

Edited by Retsopmi

11 hours ago, Retsopmi said:

What classes have frontal stuns other than Myrmidon and druid? Stun is the least used CC in the game from what I've seen. Lots of snares, suppress, knockdowns, blinds but not many stuns.

On the contrary, there are a metric ton of stuns available in the game across basically all classes. It's an extremely common status effect, that Minotaur allows you to mostly ignore if you play it correctly (always facing potential folks who could stun you while channeling pulverize). This doesn't make you stun immune, but it does help - and reducing the impact of the three hard CC types that will actually interrupt your crash goes a long way towards helping you survive.

You can play Half Giant if you want to, or Stoneborn with this build but you will find that you die a lot more often to players who know how to counter your crash. On Minotaur, you have a much better chance of living even against good players - check out the ECS Tournament VODs if you want proof of this.

Otherwise your points are all correct. The other races are statistically better than Minotaur and have better racials (mino charge is nice but not required). As an experienced Myrm player (3+ years, thousands of hours) I will always take having a higher percentage chance to not crash over any minor damage increases, because Titan already has all of the killing power you need baked into the class. Your viability is reliant on not eating poorly made dergs early into a fight and shrugging off lots of damage while dealing a ton back.

Good luck with your build!

On 7/17/2021 at 10:02 PM, Retsopmi said:

Warden traps. The most commonplace CC ability on the most meta class, counts as a front facing stun.