Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick Build - Pickoff Fanatic Aura Platform


galvia
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey Crows! With launch coming up, I thought I'd share another build for the Fanatic to get folks into the game and pumping out some sick damage. This build is a semi-support Fanatic that really pairs well with another fanatic to buff each other up, but does fairly well on it's own. If you are the only Fanatic in your group, use this as a template to modify your own build - you won't need Transcendent Warrior but there are like 20 other discs available to this class that fit well as well. Check it out.

Pickoff Fanatic - Aura Platform

(Race is flexible, so are minors)

nO9F22C.png

8XJRH5z.png

Build Notes

This build plays the flank of any large or small fight, looking to identify an open target and either put them into kill threat range or kill them yourself. In a single combo you can easily deal well over half of someone's HP, and if given more time you can solo kill anything that doesn't have a defensive cooldown available.

Combo is:
Fire Bolt > Redemption > 3 Basics > Absolution

Use your tornadoes up close to "shotgun" enemies and hit them many times. Use Fire Wave after you prep the enemy with AOE fire damage to try to get extra auto crits. Focus on finding targets for your main combo while you spread AOE damage.

Note on Fanatic

This class is extremely flexible, with a lot of options for personal expression. Use this as a starting point and build out the spec that works best for you. In particular, I think Magma Ball is a great spell, and you can find many things within each of the domains available that may change how you allocate talent points - just use this as food for thought if you aren't playing this specific build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the build, will use it as my first build.

One question I do have is what stat distribution do you recommend?  Right now I'm level 21, before the servers died, and have been putting all my points into INT.  Curious if I should be mixing it up more?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, blakesrealm said:

Thanks for the build, will use it as my first build.

One question I do have is what stat distribution do you recommend?  Right now I'm level 21, before the servers died, and have been putting all my points into INT.  Curious if I should be mixing it up more?

Nope - pump INT then CON to roughly 8k HP. You can go DEX after that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use the same build but with different domains but I got some remarks.

 

About your combo: I would do 3 Basics > Fire Bolt > Redemption > Absolution. 

Redemption also does more damage with 5 sin. 

 

Transcendent warrior is good disc for Inquisitor, it gives support power but you can get much better for Fanatic.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm trying to find a happy medium of "just enough DPS" for small scale on my Inquisitor with enough healing to do "ok" for small scale, as I'm also looking to try a more roaming build with my friend while not doing group stuff. I'll keep tinkering with a high Int and Dex build with lower Spirit and see how it goes, and sub and respec if it is turning out horrible lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, omiCrobe said:

I use the same build but with different domains but I got some remarks.

 

About your combo: I would do 3 Basics > Fire Bolt > Redemption > Absolution. 

Redemption also does more damage with 5 sin. 

 

Transcendent warrior is good disc for Inquisitor, it gives support power but you can get much better for Fanatic.

 

So this is actually less DPS in a short burst window, but obviously you want to have as much sin as possible up on a target if you can. The combo I described is more for getting more redemptions off, which is a huge DPS increase.

Sin is roughly an extra 40 damage per sin stack per hit - which is very relevant but not enough to hold your sin in a situation where you may lose LOS to your target.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2021 at 4:56 PM, galvia said:

Nope - pump INT then CON to roughly 8k HP. You can go DEX after that.

Dex over strength? I found that approx 19% crit with more str gives hella blap damage. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ryanchuva said:

Dex over strength? I found that approx 19% crit with more str gives hella blap damage. 

I value crit chance over straight Damage Bonus from STR on INT based damage classes because they get so much crit damage from their main stat. Critting more will net you more overall damage, but we're talking about a very small number of stat points here so it's all very minor.

If you like STR for your erp go for it you'll be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Target dummy DPS seems very low, is there something wrong with the target dummy resists? Also the damage for this build just kind of seems low in general, is the advantage to this build that it can do a moderate amount of damage while at range? I noticed in a fight with a warden (3v1) they were able to single me out and dumpster my health down to 30% while I basically did 0 damage to them with the full combo before ulting away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Fizbun said:

Target dummy DPS seems very low, is there something wrong with the target dummy resists? Also the damage for this build just kind of seems low in general, is the advantage to this build that it can do a moderate amount of damage while at range? I noticed in a fight with a warden (3v1) they were able to single me out and dumpster my health down to 30% while I basically did 0 damage to them with the full combo before ulting away.

Target dummies have 50% mitigations, which is generally quite a bit more than a lot of players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, galvia said:

So this is actually less DPS in a short burst window, but obviously you want to have as much sin as possible up on a target if you can. The combo I described is more for getting more redemptions off, which is a huge DPS increase.

Sin is roughly an extra 40 damage per sin stack per hit - which is very relevant but not enough to hold your sin in a situation where you may lose LOS to your target.

How are you calculating the damage on this? The damage difference is something like 1,000 between  0 sin redemption and 5 sin. You are also missing armor break on the fireball which is something like 188 damage vs 245. 

Fireball redemption, 3 auto, abso does around 2900 and starting with basics is around 3600.

I did two 60 second rotations of each on target dummies:
Trying redemption rotation for 60 seconds is 25,00 damage
3 autos first rotation is 28,000 damage and higher initial burst.

Not sure if I am missing something here but your rotation seems worse in every way. It's missing elemental  break on opener and you get some really clunky rotations afterwards on redemption where it's up but you do not have five stacks of sin.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...