Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quick Build(s) - Radical Cleric, Done 2 Ways.

galvia

Hey Crows! Here are a couple of Radical Cleric builds. Radical is in a weird spot right now where it absolute bangs out damage but is very slow, and has very little way to keep itself alive. Check out this class if you are interested in seeing if you can kill your enemy before they kill you.

I've got two builds for this class to share today. I'll start with the Turret Radical, and then post the Soul Stealing Puddle Radical after.

Turret Radical
CWCtxOH.png
nBB2Iu0.png

Build Notes

This build is the true turret radical. You have very little defense, and insane offense. Spam the hell out of your basic attacks, drop your holy symbol to try to apply AOE elemental breaks and hold that left click down like your life depends on it.

Make sure you prioritize using Searing Light whenever possible, but never clip your third basic attack for it as that provides a free stun under ult.

Only use Chaos Orb in prepration for a push on defense or offense, or while your ult is down. While your ult is up you need to be throwing as many basic attacks as possible.

---

This build is very simple to play - kill or be killed. Not much more to say about it.

Soul Stealing Puddle Radical

TWcWEsb.png

hxUEwAk.png

Build Notes

This build is basically the same as the one above, but you take Exorcist and Runecaster to help keep yourself alive and your team alive. Standing in the Sanctuary Field will make you (and your team) significantly tankier, and the Soul Steal puddle will help you keep yourself topped up by getting free healing. Do not mistake this build as "survivable" however. The Radical's base kit is not designed to keep you alive - it's designed to make many other people very dead. Be careful and expect to be punished if your positioning isn't tight.

---

Fun class, despite the downsides. Go have some fun and make some plate wearers rage as you burn them down as fast as everybody else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So just letting you know. You're suggesting people run Spirit Whip on Cleric (All specs) which is currently bugged and allows your basic attack to hit a single target for 175%. It's basically an exploit.

5 minutes ago, Amksed said:

So just letting you know. You're suggesting people run Spirit Whip on Cleric (All specs) which is currently bugged and allows your basic attack to hit a single target for 175%. It's basically an exploit.

When they fix it you will still run spirit whip.  It's an auto attack spec so spirit whip is basically required. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Mandalore is correct. This was created prior to the bug and Spirit Whip has been a staple on Radical since it's inception. Anything that basic attacks for most of it's damage (especially holy damage) wants Spirit Whip available.

7 hours ago, Mistertea said:

can't use spirit whip anymore what takes its place

Spirit Whip is, and was pre bug, was one of the best minors for the spec.  Why can’t you run it?  Are you a Half Giant?

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

10 hours ago, Mistertea said:

I'm a stoneborn cleric and it was red and didn't let me equip it

Half giant is by the better of the dps races for cleric options.  It has access to two minors that not other race in cleric can take.  Radical does a bulk of its damage as holy basic attacks.  Holy damage isn’t mitigate by resist or armor.  Half giant can take spirit whip (allows your auto attacks to bounce for 50/25% dmg) and sparing (10% auto attack damage).  

I have a legendary stoneborn healing cleric vessel.  I talk a lot of poorly made dergs so I need the survivable perks it offers.  Centaur is by far the best healing race for cleric.  Half Giant is by far the better race for radical.  If you haven’t gone all the way I suggest rerolling.  The extra 10% dmg, the free aoe and the better critical damage all put the half giant far above the other racial options.  

wiDfyPp.png