Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walpurgisnacht

To Ace: Please Don't Forget About Consoles

I know that consoles are not confirmed but I would really like to see this game on PS4. I think that it would do really well there, especially with the action combat. I know that PC is the focus, as it should be, but I just don't want the developers to forget about PS4 and PS5 when developing the engine and stuff. You know, make the porting easier and stuff. I've read about developers running into issues when trying to port something as an afterthought. I think that this game would benefit more than others from a console version. If there were a console version, it would be cool if all platforms could play on the same servers like in Final Fantasy XIV.

No and this should be on the very farthest burner.

If they plan on this game existing for the next 10-15 years, they should think about the next 10-15 years. That is why I said PS5.

Edited by Walpurgisnacht

I would prefer they get the game out 6 months sooner for the PC than to add in consoles. Traditionally console activity doesn't add a lot to the game, most console players wont buy stuff, it generally accounts for an extreme minority of that games population, plus most games that add in console tend to have a more dumbed down play style. Soooooo.... I'm good without console being considered into the equation at all for this game. 

Rhend - SB - Hy'shen/Avari || Rhend - AA - LotD || Dynereir - SB - House Lok-ri || Magius/Amok - AC - Too many to list

If they plan on this game existing for the next 10-15 years, they should think about the next 10-15 years.

If they brought it to consoles, the playerbase wouldn't even be as old as the 10-15years you're telling them to think about. I'm not sure ACE's inbox could handle the train that their mothers would be apparently ran through from all the kiddos getting griefed.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

I would prefer they get the game out 6 months sooner for the PC than to add in consoles. Traditionally console activity doesn't add a lot to the game, most console players wont buy stuff, it generally accounts for an extreme minority of that games population, plus most games that add in console tend to have a more dumbed down play style. Soooooo.... I'm good without console being considered into the equation at all for this game. 

1. DCUO has most of its players on console, the PC version is basically dead.

2. While people may see console players as stupid, the truth is that it is MMO players who would be playing. Final Fantasy XIV is a tab targeting game with a ton of buttons works but perfectly on the PS4 controller. Most people even play with a keyboard. I believe half of its players are on console.

From personal experience with leading a PC clan into the consoles....was one of the worst experiences ever.  The entire community is of a younger age with very little understanding of MMO mentality.  The slightest grief or upset, like me saying that your idea sucks or something, would create a fire in their community.  We made it through the console and got what we wanted, but I am so thankful to be moving back to the PC. 

Forget about consoles. Console games have to be designed with certain aspects in mind ( performance - this is still voxel based ), how many ppl on the screen etc.

Make it for computer only and then when u r done you can do a console port. Games that are designed with consoles in mind are poorly made socks ( diablo 3 )

Edited by Vyore

Not everyone has a powerful PC so it is nice to have games like Final Fantasy XIV on console with max graphics. Since this game has a lot of physics, it is more useful to have console versions. To all the people worried about consoles holding back the PC version, could you tell me how that has happened to FFXIV?

Edited by Walpurgisnacht

Not everyone has a powerful PC so it is nice to have games like Final Fantasy XIV on console with max graphics. To all the people worried about consoles holding back the PC version, could you tell me how that has happened to FFXIV?

Sorry, but just because you might not have the greatest PC, that doesn't mean that everyone else should suffer aswell.

FFXIV works because of the 2.5 sec GCD and because it's mainly PvE.

7ug90hM.png

Not everyone has a powerful PC so it is nice to have games like Final Fantasy XIV on console with max graphics. Since this game has a lot of physics, it is more useful to have console versions. To all the people worried about consoles holding back the PC version, could you tell me how that has happened to FFXIV?

Too bad.

Your argument about consoles supporting life is fallacious.

Nearly all PC only MMOs who broke 100k subs managed to stick around for 5-10 years, many for more when accounting for emulators and player shards. DCO is a singular selected example, ie selection bias. The PC version failed because it sucked, not because it lacked a console community.

Untitled_zpsjrvzldjp.png

Fugger of Fuggington - Shadowbane

SkippyBojangle - PS4

Sorry, but just because you might not have the greatest PC, that doesn't mean that everyone else should suffer aswell.

FFXIV works because of the 2.5 sec GCD and because it's mainly PvE.

And a action game won't work? It seems that would work better with a controller.

I am noticing a lot of stereotypical PC elitism in this thread.