Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Give me your Brigand Specs!

Banjax

Go VIP so you have access to "free respec" and download test to get to lv. 30 really quick and test most of the Major & minor Runes available to your Brigand - experiment with stat pools and powers that suit your template/build. There are many different versions brigands and it depends if you play with a full group or not and what kind of race you prefer in that role. Elken get a racial stealth detection for instant, and good luck.

MQfHl7c.png

• 3 weeks later...

I went with this: https://crowcaine.wiki/builds/@me/new?class=ranger&race=wood-elf&talents=a1-b2-c2-c3-d2-d3-e3-f3-g2-h1-i3-j5-j6-k3-l9&majors=poison-sapper--poisoner&minors=barbed-stake--cripple--explosive-trap

I like the idea of poison, but he is not... overly... good... or strong. But he's fun to jump in for toxic stabbies and then jump back out again.

I can't give you an effective Brigand build but I'd like to know. Please rate my build!

I have no game experience yet. I'm literally fresh 30 and picked some abilities that seemed cool and somewhat synergetic. You have to start somewhere and learn from there, right?

https://crowcaine.wiki/builds/@me/new?class=ranger&race=minotaur&talents=a1-b1-b2-c2-c3-d3-e3-f3-g2-h1-i3-j5-j6-k3-l7&majors=nightstalker--stalker&minors=glass-cannon--hunter&attributes=con40-dex70-str30

My original choice is simply because I find the idea of a minotaur in stealth hilarious. Might be good though. I figured mino racials and extra lifestealing from nightstalker can offset the negative of glass cannon. Stalker discipline synergizes well. The talent picks are straightfoward enough I guess. Anything particularly useful in a third discipline?

On 7/28/2021 at 11:57 AM, Skrofler said:

I can't give you an effective Brigand build but I'd like to know. Please rate my build!

You're falling into "the brigand trap" - making it a pure melee class. To be fair, the game tells you that's what it is, but it's by far suboptimal.

I'm not ready to let my build out quite yet, but here's some pointers:

-Always take Faerie Fire on a Brigand. Always.

-Your bow is very important. Don't forget you have it.

-Mino+Stalker+Last Resort is the race/discipline combo of supreme death.

GL HF, Brigand is awesome o7

17 minutes ago, Rhyse said:

You're falling into "the brigand trap" - making it a pure melee class. To be fair, the game tells you that's what it is, but it's by far suboptimal.

I'm not ready to let my build out quite yet, but here's some pointers:

-Always take Faerie Fire on a Brigand. Always.

-Your bow is very important. Don't forget you have it.

-Mino+Stalker+Last Resort is the race/discipline combo of supreme death.

GL HF, Brigand is awesome o7

This is the traps wardens fall into too haha, gotta love the wardens that forget they own a bow and just get kited to death.

Well as mino I do have an extra gap closer and hamstring.

Thanks for your input. Soon I will start testing alternatives. The wording of Faerie Fire, "a chance of applying", is typical to turn me off. What is that, a 5% or a 50% chance? Needs some testing to find out if it's worth it and this in a game where the interface is a bit hard to read when it comes to debuffs on targets.

The thing with Last Resort is I'm not finding myself below 35% health. I'm either sustaining above it or I'm dead, but I have been running alone so far so no pocket healer.

Edited by Skrofler

Last Resort it what makes 1v2 or 1v3 possible. It means that when you are getting pushed, you can pop sustain and near instantly heal up (save a sustain for this). You may not always need it, but it's a complete flip of the fight when you do need. If it's a close fight then you may luck into your enemy also being in Stalker range at the same time and you'll just instagib whatever's in front of you, turning a close fight into a suddenly over fight.

FF reliably procs within a few strikes. There's basically never a fight I'm in where it's not up within 5 secs or less. So it's basically a straight up 20% damage boost, it easily outpaces the entire other half of the talent tree, much less any other individual talent.

Edited by Rhyse