Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adall

Kickstarting The Demand Culture

I haven't been here that long. Hell, honestly no one has, since #play2crush lauched only in December. The people who found their way here from the launch of that website up until the launch of the kickstarter campaign were for the most part patient, very excited, mostly positive and enjoyed some good speculative debates.

Now that the kickstarter campaign has launched, the general discussion has turned into a place filled with impatient, demanding, negative or vision changing requests and posts. It is honestly sad to see how quickly a community can change after only a few days of a kickstarter campaign.

For a game in this stage of development, the team has been very forthcoming with information and have remained active, giving daily updates and dropping frequent forum posts. They have been doing a wonderful job explaining and releasing information on concepts, and many people who were here before the kickstarter campaign are more than happy to help you new comers understand what we know so far.

The problem is in how some of you new comers have been posting; you sound like children who when mom allows you one cookie for dessert, you throw a fit and whine for more.

Please be understanding and respectful to the development team with your posts. Curb your demands and offer up friendly suggestions or ask nicely for new information. We are all super excited for this game, otherwise we wouldn't be here, but please load up on patience and relax... I am certain all will be revealed in time!

P.S. It is hard to do thise big post crap from your phone XD

Edited by Adall

Will my alpha progress switch over to the beta?  I couldn't resist, but I feel where you are coming from.  I'm relatively new to Crowfal, but thankfully have an extensive MMO background especially within communities so I know how babyish people will get.  Just have to surf through the flood until the game is in our hands. 

Great post! It does not bother me for anyone to come in and voice their opinion or add some suggestions, however, I feel that over the past few days the posts have been becoming more aggressive and unsettling. We are all part of this in one way or another, but I have always felt the best approach to a developer (or human being as some of us call them) is to give them your suggestions in a respectful manner, and not give them your complaints without supplying what you feel a decent solution would be. I am also tired of extremely negative titles for threads. Just make a simple title and discuss.

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg

18k forum members, it's only going to get worse from here. This is very tame compared to other forums. At the very least, the devs are seeing interested potential backers.

☆ We are in a positive posting drought, so just post. Be the change you want the forums to be. Go wild. Just follow your positive posting star. ☆
☆:*´¨`*:.•.¸¸.•´¯`•.♥.•´¯`•.¸¸.•..:*´¨`*:.☆

(¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯) Member of the Pro-ACE Club (¯`’•.¸*♫♪♥(✿◠‿◠)♥♫♪*¸.•’´¯)

Adall for Mod, IMO.

I agree.  We were having fun here... now everything I read in General Discussion is bashing ACE or the game.  Feel like I should stay in the 'ghetto'.  

Would the 'ghetto' be our guild threads. :P

LW_sig_concept2_zpsgdrsfl7n.jpg

18k forum members, it's only going to get worse from here. This is very tame compared to other forums. At the very least, the devs are seeing interested potential backers.

Want to see an unruly game forum....check out Bungie.net...."shivers"

I mainly agree, but at the same time the devs chose to go with a Kickstarter campaign so they could listen to the player base and not the "vulture capitalists". 

Investors are going to get their say, and if you ask the community to invest, then you are inviting these types of discussions. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's the reality of the situation. 

Well when money starts to get involved the situation inevitably changes. Its only natural to feel like you should be able to voice your opinions when they start asking you for money.

Adall Dredja for Mod, IMO.

I agree.  We were having fun here... now everything I read in General Discussion is bashing ACE or the game.  Feel like I should stay in the 'ghetto'.  

Why thank you, I feel I'd be the best mod around and not totally unqualified 

Edgy

I see nothing wrong with questions.  I wrote this in another thread but here it is again.

If you're 100% happy with the game as is or even just 90% it's easy to sit back and wait for alpha.

But if you're like me and you're playing mainly for a particular area and that area is undefined then now is actually the time to speak up.  Before they're barreling down the road to alpha and the decisions are made.

The devs can take the heat.  Ask away because if you don't you deserve what you get even if you don't like it down the road.

pixS8Wt.jpg

The Chronicles of Crowfall           The Free Lands of Azure            RIP Doc Gonzo.

Would the 'ghetto' be our guild threads. :P

No, Shadowbane and Off Topic. lol

I see nothing wrong with questions.  I wrote this in another thread but here it is again.

If you're 100% happy with the game as is or even just 90% it's easy to sit back and wait for alpha.

But if you're like me and you're playing mainly for a particular area and that area is undefined then now is actually the time to speak up.  Before they're barreling down the road to alpha and the decisions are made.

The devs can take the heat.  Ask away because if you don't you deserve what you get even if you don't like it down the road.

Asking is one thing, being rude and "posting" (<-- that starts with a T and ends will olling) is something completely different. :)

Tully got me... I knew t-oll was filtered but didn't know t-olling was. lol  I love our filter!

Edited by mal

To be fair to the newcomers I think there's been quite a few veterans acting in similar fashions too.

I see what you mean though and I fully agree. Really sad to see the attitudes of some people. It's getting especially bad in some of the threads on the suggestion forum where I feel some some threads have degraded into people more or less using discussion about the game as a guise for calling each other stupid.

True enough, but there are right and wrong ways to go about expressing your opinion.

Now the game is starting to hit the mainstream, we're getting exposed to the game-hoppers - who jump around to each new release/hype train they can find, no matter what it is or what the game's vision contains.

I'm waiting for the 'LOL NO RAIDS?! NO END GAME CONTENT, poorly made socks GAME. CRAPFALL. WTF.' threads.

All you people that have been here since the beginning are so old school.

And hardcore

:P

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

Of course the devs can take some heat, but the kind of nonsense that has popped up here is ridiculous.

Someone also mentioned that once people invest money, they should have a say. This would be very true if we were actual investors. I won't be getting any ROI here. The developers have been kind enough so far to work with us to make the game, but they are not obligated to, even after kickstarter funds are processed. Be an ass to them, they may change their tune... or just ignore you.

Of course the devs can take some heat, but the kind of nonsense that has popped up here is ridiculous.

Someone also mentioned that once people invest money, they should have a say. This would be very true if we were actual investors. I won't be getting any ROI here. The developers have been kind enough so far to work with us to make the game, but they are not obligated to, even after kickstarter funds are processed. Be an bottom to them, they may change their tune... or just ignore you.

I disagree. Just because you won't be getting any money in return doesn't mean you won't be getting an ROI. Our ROI is the game the devs make and our contributions to it through our opinions, alpha feedback and beta feedback. The more money people contribute, the more content and features the devs implement into the game, hopefully. ROI doesn't have to be monetary. 

You're right, they don't have to listen to their community, but that wouldn't be the smartest move, being stubborn rarely is. 

But they clearly invited these discussions by asking for money. Any time someone makes a monetary donation, they feel like they are a part of something. 

Edited by noskills87

Someone also mentioned that once people invest money, they should have a say. This would be very true if we were actual investors. I won't be getting any ROI here. The developers have been kind enough so far to work with us to make the game, but they are not obligated to, even after kickstarter funds are processed. Be an bottom to them, they may change their tune... or just ignore you.

This is a problem I've seen with almost every Kickstarter I've backed. People get it into their heads that they're investors and start making demands instead of suggestions.

I think one of the problems with kickstarter is it brings a sense of entitlement that otherwise wouldn't be there if they only paid $50 for the game. It's the sole reason why I hate it, but I like the perks it brings with the games. In the end, I realize my opinion should matter no more than someone who hasn't backed the game. Anyone who has ever worked in a team environment would understand this premise. Everyone is capable of bringing unique ideas to the table, even if they haven't put a stake in the big picture.