Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stonemasonry

Okay so this sounds crazy but I see how much is involved in trying to be a Stonemason. My kickstarter account has 6 character slots, and if I did my research right, if I want the best possible support alts for this, am I rolling three Guinician Duelist vessels each focusing on (ore, stone, wood)? And then the Stonemason doesn't have any info about what the primary stat should be and one guide says it's not necessary due to how they function. Is that outdated info?

I've googled and search for anything specifically focusing on it but unlike the other professions this one seems both elusive and also much more time demanding. If you know of a good resource video or article on this, I'm eager to learn, in case I'm trying to bite off way more than I chew!

6 minutes ago, seventhbeacon said:

Okay so this sounds crazy but I see how much is involved in trying to be a Stonemason. My kickstarter account has 6 character slots, and if I did my research right, if I want the best possible support alts for this, am I rolling three Guinician Duelist vessels each focusing on (ore, stone, wood)? And then the Stonemason doesn't have any info about what the primary stat should be and one guide says it's not necessary due to how they function. Is that outdated info?

I've googled and search for anything specifically focusing on it but unlike the other professions this one seems both elusive and also much more time demanding. If you know of a good resource video or article on this, I'm eager to learn, in case I'm trying to bite off way more than I chew!

If you intend to roll up a guini for gathering, then there is no need for three, as you can swap disciplines in and out now, one guini should suffice for all gathering needs.

1 minute ago, UnderGrowth said:

If you intend to roll up a guini for gathering, then there is no need for three, as you can swap disciplines in and out now, one guini should suffice for all gathering needs.

Oh, that is fantastic news, thank you! That leaves more slots for theorycrafting pvp builds and having potentially more options for guild needs :).

Heya, just a word of advice. Dont try to solo stonemasonry. If you've absolutely got your heart set on it then go for it, but do not look at the incredibly high recipe costs as a challenge. 

If you're truly committed, build a cottage, just one. By yourself. And then see if you want to do that again. 

Stonemasonry is very rewarding, but its rewards are meant to benefit a group. It took me about a month to build a cottage with a slightly above the curve playtime amount and some diligent downward trading. I dont know if your experience will be the same but I'm telling you now, stonemasonry (the higher tier stuff) is not meant to be done by a single person. 

If you wanna specialize in low end stuff like add ons, crafting decks, chests, and vendors.... go nuts. But geomancy and architecture for buildings is a rabbit hole with slime coated walls. 

But yea, stats dont matter for stonemasonry at all because 0 stonemasonry recipes have experimentation on them. You'll also need some source of leather for insulation if you're going to so buildings. 

20 minutes ago, Altybear said:

Stonemasonry is very rewarding, but its rewards are meant to benefit a group

Except that the only persistent selling point of this game is establishing your eternal kingdom. If stonemasonry isnt meant for your kingdom, I suppose you are meant to buy everything in the shop?

Building a guild EK up with stonemasonry is fine, but guilds come and go. Anyone thats every played an mmorpg for any number of years has most likely been in more than a single guild. 

I still don't even know how my Kickstarter parcels and buildings are supposed to work. Tax-free still mean anything? Are the creations still subject to decay, even the store-bought ones? I'd rather earn stuff through working with a guild but it would seem selfish to ask for the sheer volume of supplies needed to accomplish any sort of reasonable progress. Nor does it seem the more I look into it like there's even some sort of "player economy" angle, as - if it's a guild project - how is a stonemason supposed to sell the things they make anyway? Seems like all the guild has to do is have the guild leader or an officer roll an alt that is puppeted simply to churn out the materials needed to build up the guild EK. Definitely seems like a grind so extreme that it makes Korean MMO grinds look like a quick game of Candy Crush by comparison, lol.

2 hours ago, Toadwart said:

Except that the only persistent selling point of this game is establishing your eternal kingdom. If stonemasonry isnt meant for your kingdom, I suppose you are meant to buy everything in the shop?

Building a guild EK up with stonemasonry is fine, but guilds come and go. Anyone thats every played an mmorpg for any number of years has most likely been in more than a single guild. 

I can't imagine a guild that doesn't have at least one kickstarter member that will get castles, garrisons, villas, etc on day one in their mail box. Some stonemasonry is needed to place chests, etc but for sure most guilds won'r be building an EK from scratch.

For example, PRX guild EK starts out with 2 castles.

Mac

8 hours ago, seventhbeacon said:

I still don't even know how my Kickstarter parcels and buildings are supposed to work. Tax-free still mean anything? Are the creations still subject to decay, even the store-bought ones? I'd rather earn stuff through working with a guild but it would seem selfish to ask for the sheer volume of supplies needed to accomplish any sort of reasonable progress. Nor does it seem the more I look into it like there's even some sort of "player economy" angle, as - if it's a guild project - how is a stonemason supposed to sell the things they make anyway? Seems like all the guild has to do is have the guild leader or an officer roll an alt that is puppeted simply to churn out the materials needed to build up the guild EK. Definitely seems like a grind so extreme that it makes Korean MMO grinds look like a quick game of Candy Crush by comparison, lol.

So stonemason stuff doesnt decay, guilds that aim for top end stuff will be making common resources by the truckload as byproducts for gathering. I intend to use stonemasonry stuff as rewards for player participation and contribution myself. Right now 'Tax Free' just means theres no gold cost in the crafting recipe for combining/upgrading em. Downside, that means they can't be mixed with crafted parcels. 

The player economy angle is based around slots. Buildings have slots that allow for vendor placements along with afew other things like crafting decks. Those slots are needed for each shop you wanna have, unfortunately (for some weird reason) stonamsontry stuff can't be placed on vendors so this particular field of transaction is all person to person. 

2 hours ago, seventhbeacon said:

Min/Max. They don't really appeal to me apart from their utility.

Ok, I haven't read a lot but, is it because of the extra ring slot? Does the ring slot trump anything a STR class will offer for stonemason (I'm assuming stonemason is a STR exploration)?

15 minutes ago, Wanini said:

Ok, I haven't read a lot but, is it because of the extra ring slot? Does the ring slot trump anything a STR class will offer for stonemason (I'm assuming stonemason is a STR exploration)?

From what I understand at this point, Stonemason doesn't require a lot of the same attention as other professions because it's so resource-expensive, but the Guineacean Duelist apparently makes the best collector/harverster based on secondary stats, on top of their little stealth burrowing maneuver in terms of avoiding fights on the way back to base.

It sounds like literally any character you roll can do Stonemasonry without having to specialize in it the same way you would for the other craftings. Not sure if they plan to expand that or change the profession down the road, though.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:42 PM, Pawtry said:

Are other stonemasons planning to make gold by selling tons of components like nails and bricks?

I don't think Stonemasons will be a viable gold-making profession as it stands right now, to be honest. It's too easy to roll an alt character to do the work on it, frankly, especially with no experimentation component to it. Perhaps if they get an overhaul down the road, it will be.

4 hours ago, seventhbeacon said:

I don't think Stonemasons will be a viable gold-making profession as it stands right now, to be honest. It's too easy to roll an alt character to do the work on it, frankly, especially with no experimentation component to it. Perhaps if they get an overhaul down the road, it will be.

I see your point. If any jobber can make the same stuff as someone who's focused on the craft for a long time then it's just a matter of scale and efficiency. I wonder what a good craft is for people that want to focus and go deep into it, becoming a master along the way? Also one that makes decent gold? :)

26 minutes ago, Pawtry said:

I see your point. If any jobber can make the same stuff as someone who's focused on the craft for a long time then it's just a matter of scale and efficiency. I wonder what a good craft is for people that want to focus and go deep into it, becoming a master along the way? Also one that makes decent gold? :)

Chests and vendor stalls are probably the best bet currently to make some money as a Stonemason, though the latter I think also relies on an Alchemist, which while it's more entry-level than other professions, does seem to have more steady revenue options with potions. Every other profession certainly has things it makes that people need, but the really tricky thing here is the professions aren't their own silos like they are in most other MMOs, and rely on each other to produce components for their items. It's a big web, lol. Altybear's Beginning Crafter's guide does a great job of noting which ones are great entry-level, mid-level, and late-game functions.