Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VIP access for public sharing

Arzl

Hello,

I have not played the game yet, waiting for launch. Doing research it looks like you can only make your EK public via having VIP? Is this a big disadvantage for non vips? Is this the best way to sell or trade items?

13 minutes ago, Arzl said:

Hello,

I have not played the game yet, waiting for launch. Doing research it looks like you can only make your EK public via having VIP? Is this a big disadvantage for non vips? Is this the best way to sell or trade items?

You can set up a shop zone in your EK, and it currently is the best way to sell/trade offline.  Theoretically, if your EK was busy enough, you would not need VIP to keep it up 24/7.

In reality, that's going to be a pretty lofty goal for a single player without guild support. 

One of the future roadmap items is to be able to buy/sell in different currency than gold, so "buy orders" are not a thing yet, so the harvest-craft-sell economy wheels are missing some grease. 

E.G. you can't currently offer to buy '200 purple iron' to craft with, so supplying all you need in order to be a crafter is going to be more work if your not in a guild that will solve the supply side of the equation for you. 

32 minutes ago, veeshan said:

you can still make it public it just doesnt stay open for  as long when everyone leaves it

Its not at all practical to run a merchant EK without VIP and barely practical to run one with VIP.

On top of that there is zero practical way for anyone to know you have a merchant in your EK to visit anyway.

The economy apparently isnt very important.

11 hours ago, Arzl said:

it looks like you can only make your EK public via having VIP? Is this a big disadvantage for non vips? Is this the best way to sell or trade items?

10 hours ago, veeshan said:

you can still make it public it just doesnt stay open for  as long when everyone leaves it

As far as I understood the intentional goal, VIP will be needed to make the "Public" checkbox in kingdom management available.

nl3oxmY.jpg

If it will be this way or not ... well, we'll see tomorrow. ;)

Private EK's can still be accessed by all crows who have been invited or granted a title in this EK. So private EK's are basically personal/guild housing with the ability to invite friends.

Public market EK's only really make sense, when there is some effort put behind them and a lot of traders. Nobody needs having to scroll through a thousand public one-shop EK's. There surely will be a lot of those at the beginning, due to the VIPs included in bundles, but still.

The natural progression would be that someone uses a shop place in one of the bigger public market EK's, and after getting more famous and finding more like-minded friends, opens their own public EK - at which point investing a VIP won't really be an issue. I think that's ok and no real disadvantage to non-vips.

17 hours ago, Arzl said:

Hello,

You can set up shop in someone else's EK. That's likely your better option in any case, as an EK with many vendors will see more traffic.