Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is my projected build

Maverick494

This looks very close to my build, although I took Reproach rather than Congregation.  I found that on small teams/solo, the added damage from Reproach was a big help, but I haven't participated in any Guild events yet.  Am I missing something important by bypassing Congregation?

Posted (edited)
On 7/13/2021 at 6:25 AM, Gregg247 said:

This looks very close to my build, although I took Reproach rather than Congregation.  I found that on small teams/solo, the added damage from Reproach was a big help, but I haven't participated in any Guild events yet.  Am I missing something important by bypassing Congregation?

Depends - Congregation is a way to help keep opponents in your circle(s) for just a little extra time and if you are running with a group that also keeps the group closer to you.  See paladins are all but useless in solo/small group in general without having people basically on top of them. So, you have to make sure you keep everything (Friend and Foe alike) as close to you as possible to be at all useful.

90% of any damage you can do is tied to a parry, all (or nearly all depending on rune choices) of your healing is short range AOE and much of that is a locational area.  So if your friends and foes simply move a little bit they are no longer getting healed/damaged.  The paladin in this game is severely limited in multiple aspects and the biggest one is that they are only mediocre at anything. So you have to at least do your best to keep people in an area where you can do your most of anything.

Edited by Maverick494

I went opposite of your spec with Divine power instead.  Does RR reflect magical damage or does it only reflect bow and throwing?  What about AOE damage?  If yes to both I could see it being a better passive.  If no I really dont know...

13 hours ago, Xaero said:

I went opposite of your spec with Divine power instead.  Does RR reflect magical damage or does it only reflect bow and throwing?  What about AOE damage?  If yes to both I could see it being a better passive.  If no I really dont know...

It says attack damage, so my guess is that it's phys.  You could swap to divine power and probably not really notice the difference.  I took RR because, once again, we are super mobility limited for several reasons and anyone plinking at us from ranged that it does hit is just bonus damage. Usually those people are outside of our tiny AOE damage/heal range too. However, pair that with blood rose and you're doing at least some passive damage while you essentially stand there, or move super slowly, in RS.

1 hour ago, Xaero said:

I do have Blood Rose too.  I do agree the little things do add up.  Thanks for posting this!

Sure, but a couple things for me is stat distribution probably changes depending on if you are playing in duo/small group or in a larger FVF/GVG mode.  You are likely to want to go Con/Spr in the latter because your damage will be mostly useless in those settings and you are wanting to do more healing and stay alive longer.

On 7/6/2021 at 1:59 PM, Maverick494 said:

Elken Paladin of Justice • Crowcaine Build

Pala-Build-2.png

Pala-Build.png

So far it has been fun re-leveling; we'll see what happens.

What is your intended purpose?  Is this a solo dps/healer hybrid? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, mandalore said:

What is your intended purpose?  Is this a solo dps/healer hybrid? 

Mandalore, it doesn't matter; what I had hoped for out of this class in this game doesn't exist. So I quit the game. 

1. You can't solo, ever. It's not even a remote possibility on this class or in this game.

2. You can't play a hybrid in this game, it doesn't work at all. Especially with this class.

3. If you want to play this class you have to go Vindi and go for DPS since DPS is the only viable way to play in this game.

Maybe some day they will realize that enforced locational abilities with relatively tiny AOE is never going to be viable in a game with mostly open areas. I doubt it, I don't think the Devs care.  I have seen your answers before as well Mandalore and you clearly are in the camp of not caring that the Paladin is all but useless in the majority of content.

Let me tell you how bad a taste this game that I backed in kick starter has put in my mouth - I went back to WoW after about a 3 year hiatus.

Edited by Maverick494

I like reproach for that 25% heal buff on the combo. the paladin passive is useful if you pair it with blast of leaves in the dryad major;  makes you get the 25 stack pretty fast for some big crit heals. 

On 7/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, Maverick494 said:

Mandalore, it doesn't matter; what I had hoped for out of this class in this game doesn't exist. So I quit the game. 

1. You can't solo, ever. It's not even a remote possibility on this class or in this game.

2. You can't play a hybrid in this game, it doesn't work at all. Especially with this class.

3. If you want to play this class you have to go Vindi and go for DPS since DPS is the only viable way to play in this game.

Maybe some day they will realize that enforced locational abilities with relatively tiny AOE is never going to be viable in a game with mostly open areas. I doubt it, I don't think the Devs care.  I have seen your answers before as well Mandalore and you clearly are in the camp of not caring that the Paladin is all but useless in the majority of content.

Let me tell you how bad a taste this game that I backed in kick starter has put in my mouth - I went back to WoW after about a 3 year hiatus.

We run all three specs in sieges and have a healer/tank hybrid that is extremely good at mitigating dmg.  It's not the best solo class.  There's options but you need to find a guild.  My issue with the class is the poorly made dergse mobility and lack a healer ult so I play cleric. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 7/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, Maverick494 said:

I agree that Templar is a bad solo class, even Vindicator. Although, if you play a Nethari Vindicator, get the archery minor and put dodge on your ranged bar (so you can parry with main but then switch to ranged bar for "super run-away mode") then you actually have a decent escapability (Nethari have a long range dodge and a racial ability that resets it. Mixed in with a Templar leap it's a good way to suddenly put yourself quite far away from most other people.)

You can solo in this game though. You just have to be a stealth class or take your chances. My professional resource gatherer is a hamster duelist (Vanguard-Scout) who can escape just about any gank. There are people who solo gank successfully as Assassins though you have to be aware of how classes play out and pick and choose targets accordingly. I've seen some really successful solo Titans but it's a really hard class to master. Solo barbarian is a solid choice too -- they're great fighters and also really really hard to stop when they are determined to run away.

But yeah, Templar is a group class, really. And I don't see where there should be anything wrong with that. It's a group setting.

Once the FvF campaign launches, I think the game will also be a whole lot friendlier to solos and small groups.

2 hours ago, Slamz said:

I agree that Templar is a bad solo class, even Vindicator. Although, if you play a Nethari Vindicator, get the archery minor and put dodge on your ranged bar (so you can parry with main but then switch to ranged bar for "super run-away mode") then you actually have a decent escapability (Nethari have a long range dodge and a racial ability that resets it. Mixed in with a Templar leap it's a good way to suddenly put yourself quite far away from most other people.)

You can solo in this game though. You just have to be a stealth class or take your chances. My professional resource gatherer is a hamster duelist (Vanguard-Scout) who can escape just about any gank. There are people who solo gank successfully as Assassins though you have to be aware of how classes play out and pick and choose targets accordingly. I've seen some really successful solo Titans but it's a really hard class to master. Solo barbarian is a solid choice too -- they're great fighters and also really really hard to stop when they are determined to run away.

But yeah, Templar is a group class, really. And I don't see where there should be anything wrong with that. It's a group setting.

Once the FvF campaign launches, I think the game will also be a whole lot friendlier to solos and small groups.

I have 0 faith that your last statement is true.  I think it will simply be groups of 20+ max level players waiting on dergs running around the maps ganking the smaller groups.  There is 0 incentive not to do this and all the incentives to do it.  These groups of 20+ get all the resources if they do this - gold, gear, etc. without ever having to PvE because they just take yours.

On 7/29/2021 at 7:14 PM, Maverick494 said:

I have 0 faith that your last statement is true.  I think it will simply be groups of 20+ max level players waiting on dergs running around the maps ganking the smaller groups.  There is 0 incentive not to do this and all the incentives to do it.  These groups of 20+ get all the resources if they do this - gold, gear, etc. without ever having to PvE because they just take yours.

Next Dregs starts Monday... 

Didn't you quit the game?

On 7/31/2021 at 5:00 AM, PierceBLK said:

Next Dregs starts Monday... 

Didn't you quit the game?

Yea, for the most part.  I log in about once a week when other games have down time or I am feeling like a need a bit of BDSM video game style in my life.  New World is one I am trying, still login to WoW a few times a week to play, and LoL.  So you may see me on occasionally if there happens to be a lull in what I want to do in those games.

2 hours ago, Talos said:

My class cant solo 1v4 reee I quit!

Where did I say that? Even if I had, it can't solo 1v1 either and it cannot get away. I love people with these stupid ass statements because it shows all you care about is keeping the OP, OP. You have no true understanding of balance and you obviously don't care to engage in discourse about what is wrong with the class and how it might be improved with out breaking it and the game.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:11 PM, Slamz said:

I can NOT support this claim! 

Started with Nethari Vindicator for this same reason but changed to Elken due his shadow sight native power to spot Stealthiers! Anyway, i can tell almost can 1v1 any classe i face around PvP maps

Edited by Tofyzer

It's a good 1v1 class but not a good solo class. The difference being that when 5 people spot my Duelist I can often just get clean away with stealth before they jump me. If they jump me I can usually still get away. My Nethari Confessor is a run-away champion. Determined Champions are hard to stop, too, or at any rate they can run for hundreds of meters before you can finally pin them down.

If 5 people jump my Vindicator I basically just die because there's no getting away.

I feel like maybe taking damage should decrease the cooldown on our leap or something because it is a shame that we're a good class but have absolutely no options when things turn sour.

1 hour ago, Slamz said:

It's a good 1v1 class but not a good solo class. The difference being that when 5 people spot my Duelist I can often just get clean away with stealth before they jump me. If they jump me I can usually still get away. My Nethari Confessor is a run-away champion. Determined Champions are hard to stop, too, or at any rate they can run for hundreds of meters before you can finally pin them down.

If 5 people jump my Vindicator I basically just die because there's no getting away.

I feel like maybe taking damage should decrease the cooldown on our leap or something because it is a shame that we're a good class but have absolutely no options when things turn sour.

1. Not a vindi build, so not sure how vindi applies here.
2. Good your other classes can get away from ganks, again not the point of the thread.
3. If 5 people jump someone, they should die.  I am not asking for god mode here. I am asking for being a little more than smear when any single class comes at me. Right now my option is to stand and die. I can't even make it all that annoying to kill me. Ranged? just plink at me while I cannot close more than once every 30 seconds or so and my ability to generate PIPs is near 0 which I need to close distance. Melee? out DPS my heals and/or move out of my circles to force me to move to stay engaged on you or try and get away.  Once I am out of my circle a lot of my damage is gone and so is 1/2 my heals.

I am not really even asking for major overhaul or anything. Just make Divine light an aura for the paladin and help us have a prayer of escaping while we heal. It's 1 heal over time and in order to use it I have to generate PIPs which requires I hit or be hit.  At least I could move though and keep a bit of my heals.  Right now you have a trifecta of bad - 1. Heals are largely stationary or long cooldowns, 2. Heals require you to get hit or be hitting to cast with 0 incentive to do the hitting because your damage is less than a PVE mob, 3. You're completely immobile once you have cast heals because you need to be hit to hit back with any effect or cast another heal (assuming it's off cooldown).

Many of the other classes specs aren't basically just a walking target, even in group play.  I went to Dergs the other day to see it there and how it does with a group.  It's not great especially in the open (which is most of dergs for a small guild/group). It's not completely worthless, but it's not as tanky as cleric or as good of a healer.  You can't truly play it as a DPS healer hybrid in solo or group because the damage is pathetic even spec'd full 200 Str and whatever is left in SPR.

I get it, you play other classes and they're fine, so surely paladin is fine.