Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is my projected build

Maverick494

I was mainly replying to Tofyzer's claim about Vindi being a good solo class. Templars are not really good solo classes in an open world environment. Just too many weak spots.

I find us to be excellent at small group PvP and point defense but for solo roaming I would pick Champion. Or just about anything other than Templar, really.

1 hour ago, Slamz said:

I was mainly replying to Tofyzer's claim about Vindi being a good solo class. Templars are not really good solo classes in an open world environment. Just too many weak spots.

I find us to be excellent at small group PvP and point defense but for solo roaming I would pick Champion. Or just about anything other than Templar, really.

There are even better options in small group PVP, like clerics. Point defense is the only place where Templar - Paladin is really of any use and that is even debatable with how good clerics are in the same setting.

Yeah Paladin in particular just needs buffed in my opinion, as does the Fury. They both give up way too much damage in exchange for way too little else, and still suffer from the base Templar problem of every fight is win-or-die because there's no running away for us.

I enjoyed my Inquisitor as a healer, really, especially as a Nethari because their ability to throw out damage is still decent, their heals are pretty good (and mobile!) and when two dozen screaming enemies come over the hill they have solid GTFO options.

Paladin as a class needs at least some of those things.

Like I wonder if it would be too strong to just make Divine Light be an aura for Paladins. It's just always on. That would be a heck of an ability, then, and everyone would love having a Paladin around.

Edited by Slamz

6 hours ago, Slamz said:

Yeah Paladin in particular just needs buffed in my opinion, as does the Fury. They both give up way too much damage in exchange for way too little else, and still suffer from the base Templar problem of every fight is win-or-die because there's no running away for us.

I enjoyed my Inquisitor as a healer, really, especially as a Nethari because their ability to throw out damage is still decent, their heals are pretty good (and mobile!) and when two dozen screaming enemies come over the hill they have solid GTFO options.

Paladin as a class needs at least some of those things.

Like I wonder if it would be too strong to just make Divine Light be an aura for Paladins. It's just always on. That would be a heck of an ability, then, and everyone would love having a Paladin around.

Here is another potential tweak -> Paladin spec = STR to scale healing and damage. We can now still heal our groups while not hitting a target for 100-150 damage, but more like 300. 

• 2 months later...

I figured it out; only took two dregs. There is never ever a reason to wear plate. Mail or Leather (mostly leather) are far better choices because of the healing bonus %. I find that I do more damage and survive longer in leather than I ever did in plate. Plate in this game is pointless. I also bought some high end support type gear and yes I can push into 1800+ support power, but without the healing bonus of leather that is pointless.

20 hours ago, Maverick494 said:

I figured it out; only took two dregs. There is never ever a reason to wear plate. Mail or Leather (mostly leather) are far better choices because of the healing bonus %. I find that I do more damage and survive longer in leather than I ever did in plate. Plate in this game is pointless. I also bought some high end support type gear and yes I can push into 1800+ support power, but without the healing bonus of leather that is pointless.

This is related to the armor pen problems from earlier versions. It was only partially mitigated by capping armor pen and buffing armor effects, but the whole system, including PDM, has to be rebuilt to some degree. 

Plate is better than it was as damage mitigation, but only marginally. If your role is not to tank though, don't wear it. If you need damage or healing, you are absolutely correct.