Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

low FPS?

xZxL

I have a 5900x/3070 and im getting 40-50 frames. Am i missing something here or is this normal for this game?

FPS in this game seems to be low compared to most games I play.  I'm used to getting 100+ fps in games like vermintide 2, while getting about 40-50 in crowfall.  The good news is that it doesn't seem to decline a ton when there are a lot of players fighting at once.  They desperately need to find ways to improve FPS dramatically IMO.

2 hours ago, xZxL said:

I have a 5900x/3070 and im getting 40-50 frames. Am i missing something here or is this normal for this game?

Yup pretty normal tbh

17 hours ago, Tyrant said:

The Dregs game mode needs a few thousand level 25+ accounts that play in the campaign

Yep! Good luck when there's more then 20 people on screen also.

I was downvoted into oblivion for bringing it up but somehow people think it's normal for a new game to run at 30fps, it's pure jank.

The low fps has been complained about for years in beta, I doubt anything will change now that it is released.

You'll be told to "Reduce graphics settings" or "Buy a new computer" when in reality it is a poorly built Unity game.

Edited by Cyclo

I just saw KiraTV released a new video on YT about Crowfall. Decided to check it out again, after my last try in February 2021. Performance hasn't changed since then after reading thru tech forum. I don't want to make assumptions, but maybe Devs are running dry, hence the rushed release? I hope they don't call it version 1.0 without getting 100 fps ++ on a mediocre computer. And please stop blaming the Unity engine.

6 minutes ago, Anuran said:

I just saw KiraTV released a new video on YT about Crowfall. Decided to check it out again, after my last try in February 2021. Performance hasn't changed since then after reading thru tech forum. I don't want to make assumptions, but maybe Devs are running dry, hence the rushed release? I hope they don't call it version 1.0 without getting 100 fps ++ on a mediocre computer. And please stop blaming the Unity engine.

Are you basing this take on what you read in a tech forum, or on what you experienced after 'checking it out again'? Are you just looking at the FPS number, or is this about how performance feels in game? This is a very important distinction. As for KiraTV, he hasn't actually played the game since last year - until he does, and does so for more than 20 minutes, his 'information' about the game is opinion, not fact, as his video on it's population, not the experience, shows. Plenty of people are experiencing performance that is perfectly acceptable, and enjoying the game.

5 hours ago, Anthrage said:

As for KiraTV, he hasn't actually played the game since last year 

Kira's video was pretty sad. He spoke about performance and gameplay without playing in 9 months, then spoke about their finances without even bothering to do a basic google search. Totally unprepared and rushed out product, ironically just what he was complaining about. 

11 hours ago, Anthrage said:

Are you basing this take on what you read in a tech forum, or on what you experienced after 'checking it out again'? Are you just looking at the FPS number, or is this about how performance feels in game? This is a very important distinction. As for KiraTV, he hasn't actually played the game since last year - until he does, and does so for more than 20 minutes, his 'information' about the game is opinion, not fact, as his video on it's population, not the experience, shows. Plenty of people are experiencing performance that is perfectly acceptable, and enjoying the game.

I don't want to start a war about his take on the game. It's just HIS opinion, not mine. I was just referring to the performance problem he talked about for a minute or so. It perfectly fits my experience in Crowfall beta. If "Plenty of people" are ok with the performance, that's fine for me. In my case, I don't like playing with 45 fps when there is nothing on the screen just by turning the camera too fast. And I don't feel the need to redownload the game just to prove my point with pictures again, like I did in February.

7 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Kira's video was pretty sad. He spoke about performance and gameplay without playing in 9 months, then spoke about their finances without even bothering to do a basic google search. Totally unprepared and rushed out product, ironically just what he was complaining about. 

When he talked about population and ROI he was quite spot on. His numbers were a little too low, as there were almost 40 mil $ flowing into the development of the game. Even if 10k players buy VIP every month the game is a flop.

Regarding the performance, I take your point. He highlighted that that was his last experience and that he heard some people claiming it got better.
The issue here is that a lot of people have had THIS exact situation as their last impression. An empty world with slightly outdated graphics that performs terrible. Even if the devs have fixed that in the mean time, would you bet 40$ on that if your last impression of the game half a year ago was a negative one? From a customer's perspective I get why a lot of people are hesitant to opt in now. Low player count+ negative last impression+ paywall = hesitation to give the game another chance.

EDIT: People should be quite happy about his video, though. Even though he is worried about the state of the game, reading the comments a lot of people never heard of the game before and are now interested and a lot of people who were interested in the game did not notice it being out now. So all in all, with the amount of views on his video he might be responsible for a slight push in popularity after all. I mean, look at the amount of youtube content and how many views those videos have. There are less than 100 videos about CF since launch, most have between 10 and 500 views and the first thing you see in those is an affiliate link 😅

Edited by Blowfeld