Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions about combining parcels.

Dakotah

Working on combining some parcels for my guilds EK, and I have questions about the difference between the Town, and Fief parcels. To make a Fief, it requires a Town and a Shire parcel. However the fief seems to be in almost every way inferior to the town.

In the image below the left is the fief, and the right is a town.

unknown.png

so I assumed that the fief would allow for more buildings, instead it has many less buildings:
unknown.png

unknown.png

it allows for 2 more medium buildings and 6 more large defensive structures, and takes away 100 extra small buildings, 1 small building, and 1 large building along with 60 extra small defensive structures, and 8 medium defensive structures.

I am curious if this is intentional and if so, why?

11 hours ago, Dakotah said:

Working on combining some parcels for my guilds EK, and I have questions about the difference between the Town, and Fief parcels. [...]

so I assumed that the fief would allow for more buildings, instead it has many less buildings:
unknown.png

unknown.png

[...]

I am curious if this is intentional and if so, why?

If I am not mistaken, you are showcasing a rank 3 town parcel and compare it to a rank 1 fief parcel. I suppose you had a Large Keep Bundle? Those come with a rank 3 town.

The numbers of a rank 1 town are significantly lower. x/5/4/4/1 - 80/80/24/1 vs. the x/8/6/6/1-120/120/48/4 of a rank 3. So the x/7/8/5/1-120/120/40/10 tokens of the r1 fief are indeed better than the r1 town.

Always know what you do - before you do. If in doubt, ask before you do it - we may have the answer. For example: Don't use a r3 town parcel in a fief recipe ... unless you are planning to use the fief in order to build a city parcel. Otherwise you loose token potential.

Currently, as far as I know, it is NOT (yet?) possible to upgrade the rank of parcels. I'm quite sure/hoping this will change someday, but who knows.

Also it is NOT (yet?) possible to combine backer reward parcels with regularly ingame built parcels in the same recipe. Meaning, actually those who use their backer parcels with backer recipes will get stuck with the max they can craft out of their backer parcels. No way to continue upgrading from there on (unless you somehow get more backer parcels). Hopefully this will change too, even if it will convert regular parcels into not tradable backer parcels. We'll see. :)

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

On 7/7/2021 at 9:07 AM, Kraahk said:

If I am not mistaken, you are showcasing a rank 3 town parcel and compare it to a rank 1 fief parcel. I suppose you had a Large Keep Bundle? Those come with a rank 3 town.

The numbers of a rank 1 town are significantly lower. x/5/4/4/1 - 80/80/24/1 vs. the x/8/6/6/1-120/120/48/4 of a rank 3. So the x/7/8/5/1-120/120/40/10 tokens of the r1 fief are indeed better than the r1 town.

Always know what you do - before you do. If in doubt, ask before you do it - we may have the answer. For example: Don't use a r3 town parcel in a fief recipe ... unless you are planning to use the fief in order to build a city parcel. Otherwise you loose token potential.

Currently, as far as I know, it is NOT (yet?) possible to upgrade the rank of parcels. I'm quite sure/hoping this will change someday, but who knows.

Also it is NOT (yet?) possible to combine backer reward parcels with regularly ingame built parcels in the same recipe. Meaning, actually those who use their backer parcels with backer recipes will get stuck with the max they can craft out of their backer parcels. No way to continue upgrading from there on (unless you somehow get more backer parcels). Hopefully this will change too, even if it will convert regular parcels into not tradable backer parcels. We'll see. :)

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

That answers a lot thanks!

I did use a rank 3 town and a rank 3 (2 maybe?) shire to make the fief, but i guess it just came out as rank 1.

my guild gifted me most of our collective parcels to upgrade and maximize our guild EK.  Should have asked here before I got started I guess.  Lesson learned.  thanks again!