Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blacktrick

Cinematic Presentation/ Fully Voiced Conversations.

Since one of the ArtCraft founders worked on SWTOR, he knows how important a cinematic presentation and fully voiced conversations are to a game like this.

One of the reasons I played through all the SWTOR classes was to experience all the original stories. Mainly because they felt like I was playing my own RPG or watching a movie of sorts. And since Crowfall is trying to emulate a Game of Thrones season, adding said elements will really help the game reach it's goal. 

An example of cinematic presentation and fully voiced conversations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IatYFUB2hSk

Edited by Blacktrick

34fb852d6507527fa9bad36523071b83_zpspkjt

Official Crowfall Gameplay :D

I skipped the majority of the voiced cinematics in SWTOR.  They were cool...  for about a day.  Then they became annoying.  It didn't help matters that I recognized the voice of my character from somewhere else, and it COMPLETELY went against my vision for him.  My vote is for NO fully voiced cinematics/conversations.  I'll play Mass Effect if I want that.

Since one of the ArtCraft founders worked on SWTOR, he knows how important a cinematic presentation and fully voiced conversations are to a game like this.

One of the reasons I played through all the SWTOR classes was to experience all the original stories. Mainly because they felt like I was playing my own RPG or watching a movie of sorts. And since Crowfall is trying to emulate a Game of Thrones season, adding said elements will really help the game reach it's goal. 

Seeing as the focus is going to be on player interaction, PvP and sandbox elements I somehow doubt we'll be seeing a lot of that.

I skipped the majority of the voiced cinematics in SWTOR.  They were cool...  for about a day.  Then they became annoying.  It didn't help matters that I recognized the voice of my character from somewhere else, and it COMPLETELY went against my vision for him.  My vote is for NO fully voiced cinematics/conversations.  I'll play Mass Effect if I want that.

The similar voice thing didn't bother me as much. But I can see where that would be a problem.

At least there should be some type of cinematic presentation in game.

Whaaaat? Full voice acting is awesome! It's just expensive and time-consuming, so I'm almost positive it's a "no" for CF.

Whaaaat? Full voice acting is awesome! It's just expensive and time-consuming, so I'm almost positive it's a "no" for CF.

Expensive is actually the main issue it might be a NO

SWTOR in total took millions to be made, I'm not sure how much ArtCraft will raise after the kickstarter, but it would have to be millions

Voice acting and cinematic represent a huge budget which does not directly contribute to the gameplay, I'd greatly appreciate if the budget remains tight and lean, and embellishments are added with the money overflow if the game is successful, not with the 

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

Absolutely not.  Complete waste of resources.  Bioware $$$$$$ > CF $ 

*obi wan voice* This isn't the game you're looking for.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

There is no single player/cooperative campaign. It would be hard to do one since every world is random generated, then destroyed. The only voice acting you're going to need here are your fellow players on TeamSpeak, Skype, or whatever you use for ingame voice chat.

Cinematics and voice acting are expensive and time consuming to produce.  Most gamers skip over them, making them a poor investment for the developers.  Quite honestly, only Blizzard does cinematics truly well, and that's because they have near limitless time and money to devote to them.

I do like cinematics and voice acting myself, but I just don't see it fitting very well with this game - at least from what we've been shown thus far.  (Maybe it's something they can add at a later time once the game has released and become a overwhelming commercial success.)

However, it seems that nearly every game has some sort of cinematic intro.  Skip the fancy rendered cinematics; I vote that Crowfall's intro should simply be a video featuring Uncle Bob welcoming you to the game.  :)

pOPiDfD.png

I could see an "intro" movie that involves voice over and perhaps dynamic art (something akin to some of Diablo III's 'filler' cinematics). Something that explains some core components of the game (The Hunger, The Gods, etc). Beyond that, I wouldn't expect more than the sound effects a character makes as they are striking, defending, or dying.

Your talking a whole new level of "budget" requirements to do that properly. If they are able to add in some voice acting then great, however the budget difference between this game and SWTOR are worlds apart.

Yes, and since one of my grandparents worked at Auschwitz that obviously means I'm a walking holocaust.

Hardcore gamer & tabletop enthusiast. Enjoys roleplaying, pretending to be stupid, and one-sided fun.

Goodposting 101: How to Keep the Forums Clean

Cinematics and voice acting are expensive and time consuming to produce.  Most gamers skip over them, making them a poor investment for the developers.  Quite honestly, only Blizzard does cinematics truly well, and that's because they have near limitless time and money to devote to them.

I do like cinematics and voice acting myself, but I just don't see it fitting very well with this game - at least from what we've been shown thus far.  (Maybe it's something they can add at a later time once the game has released and become a overwhelming commercial success.)

However, it seems that nearly every game has some sort of cinematic intro.  Skip the fancy rendered cinematics; I vote that Crowfall's intro should simply be a video featuring Uncle Bob welcoming you to the game.  :)

pOPiDfD.png

I can certainly do this to help out the game developers

While I like fully voiced scenes, I'm not sure Crowfall will be much of a venue for them.  Really not much PvE, and mostly sandbox which won't really warrant voice work.