Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I get a refund?

DrBong

I bought the game few weeks ago. took few days off from work to play this game.... and servers are down since the lanch for me game launcher wont even let me read a thing.

Is there a refund section? they asking too much money for a game that is not working at all

My guild and I have been a part of dozens of launches over the last 22 years. While Crowfall's has not been perfect, it has been one of the better launches we have seen. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do, and of course, you are entitled to feel that way.... your opinion and feeling are your own. However, i don't think there was a single veteran MMORPG player that has seen a number of launches in the past that expected everything to be perfect. The first 8 hours or so were almost perfect, but then  something went wrong. I'm sorry you took yesterday off and were not able to play as much as expected, or at all... but the true test of a game like this is not how things go the first day, but how they go each day after. If on day one the servers are down 8 hours, Then if they are down 4 the next, things are twice as good, and you can expect that the server will be up 23+ hours every day after just 3-4 days. Most games like this dont become 23/24 hours until a week after launch. Maybe you expected more, and that is ok... but if you would have told 100 veteran players those expectations, i'm pretty sure  that all 100 of them would have told you something similar to what i just did.

I hope you give it at least another day before making a final judgement. In closing, i will say, if all you do is expect today to be better than yesterday. Then you probably wont be as disappointed.

Edited by Nevyn

Yup, as Nevyn stated, downtime is an expectation that you should always expect on a fresh mmo launch. 

From a developer/coder standpoint there are several variables that won't even come across the table until you launch, variables you have no way of calculating, then that's when the real challenges come into play. Without coattailing too much. I was able to play for a good chunk of the time the server was up today. It felt smooth, and worked fantastically. I didn't run into any crashs, latency issues or bugs that broke me. In my opinion, this is all I can expect out of an MMO launch and honestly, can't wait to get back into the fray. 

MMO Gaming since 99 - If you want good company add me!

[NA] Ghosts of the Revolution |PvX|21+|TS3|Forums|

I am 50 years old and have played almost every MMO since Meridian/UO to Everquest and WOW and many many others. This launch is far from smooth. I dare say it is actually one of the worst. They had over a year of testing and as I was a prelaunch backer I had access to and played it and I must say I don't see much improvement. It is sad because I really wanted to like this game.

Well it looks like they figured out that the INBOX was at least part of the problem. I have not heard any major problems so far today. So this goes down to the fact that they had to reset everyone's purchases and rewards and reset the inboxes. They had not had to do that before, so it was untested. Things much better on the log in side today.

Hey Guys,

I'll reiterate on the whole people not being able to login and/or people not getting into the game at all. Without proper data to simulate what would happen on a game launch, you can only prepare so much. I found it interesting that I got the Crowfall is live email and not but 30 minutes later the server started to have issues. My best guess without being on their team and just simply being an outsider looking in, is the moment that email went out it queued into every person that enjoys taking down game servers on launches for the giggles or for the bragging rights and they all honed in. 

I remember being comped days of playtime for a subscription I paid for because WoW launches were booked with so many issues for days, either by extremely high latency issues or login overload or the infamous line to complete a quest game. I'll give honorable mention to games that were unplayable days after launch day:  Fallout76, No Man's Sky (arguably not an mmo but had multiplayer aspects), Diablo 3, FF14 was simply shutdown and relaunched because of problems, Battlefield 4, Archage, Anarchy Online, Vanguard, EVE Online...and there are so many more....and ALL of these companies had support staff larger than ACE.

I still contest that this is one of the better launches I've played in. I can respect other peoples opinions on the matter however. I was able to play and function in the game with all the core basics in line. All I can say is that I can't wait for what the future holds.

Sorry to all the folks experiencing problems, if I see you in the battlefield hopefully you'll be in better spirits, and if not...well...this thread is but a fleeting moment in time. 

Thanks for your solid work ACE.

MMO Gaming since 99 - If you want good company add me!

[NA] Ghosts of the Revolution |PvX|21+|TS3|Forums|

I had that problem too , I had to delete the character I made and make a new one then I was able to get it. This fix came from another played I saw on the forums, Becareful tho now that im in game I have been playing and made it up to lev 17 and now im stuck on a quest bug with a merchant with an endless loop where I cant progress any further. This is a good game I like it, stuff like this is really annoying tho. 

• 2 weeks later...

And within 2 days they have fixed almost all these problems... jeesh.... i mean guys, it could have been something local to your rig, it might not have been, but really??? Since July 8th the servers have been up over 23 hours per day, most of the time only taken down for 15-20 minutes...