Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Druids Are Cool, Okay?!

Nostraze

What's up my fellow plant-lovers? Why did you decide to play a Druid? What's your favorite subclass? How much lightning is too much lightning? (Trick question, there's no such thing as too much lightning)

I couldn't really decide on what class to play, so I randomly chose druid. I play either tank or support, and looking forward to see how druid heals play out.

Druid - Level: 1

Guild: N/A

I usually always play the healer So that  the way I will be playing the  Druid I am sure at some point I will also have a Cleric

Plus Druids are just a fun class

I quit the Druid (sad). I want it to play Archdruid. But I have to be honest with myself. I suck at it. The way I want to play. I need to be switching between life and death. There are two scenarios. I end up without any essence or I end up without any HP. 

12 hours ago, Erzsebet said:

I quit the Druid (sad). I want it to play Archdruid. But I have to be honest with myself. I suck at it. The way I want to play. I need to be switching between life and death. There are two scenarios. I end up without any essence or I end up without any HP. 

Same, either I missed it, or the game really sucked at letting me know this was the long term play style...

Once I got to that point, and realized I had to swap between life and death constantly, my joy turned into hate.  They should have had life or death skills to swap between on one cast bar, rather than swap between two cast bar styles, this was horribly executed.

51 minutes ago, Kundrya said:

Do you remember the Shaman in Warhammer Online? That's how life and death should be connected. 

I do not, but what I picture, correct me if I am wrong, is like the old Warhammer Online game.  Healing weaver or something, you would gain more powerful heals as you wove your skills, by just cycling them in correct order, etc.

I do not see why they can not just leave us with one or two bars up at once, and we have to cycle between life and death casts, make the skills work off of each other rather than separate bars with global cool downs.

Currently this is just weird and not fun to play.

After playing my boosted Druid for a little bit I've realized how the Essence works.

Think of Essence as Rage with a Warrior in other games.

You build Essence/Rage with the Healing bar (the Essence sphere has a + at the bottom). The + means you build Essence.

The Death bar will burn/spend your Essence/Rage.

The biggest problem I have is the bar tabs (on the left side) dont really swap for me.  The tab with the + is always on top!

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

The tray swaps are on the global cooldown, so if you try to swap while your trays are in cooldown then nothing happens.

Official "Bad Person" of Crowfall

"I think 1/3rd of my postcount is telling people that we aren't turning into a PvE / casual / broad audience game." -

Tully

12 hours ago, Kundrya said:

Do you remember the Shaman in Warhammer Online? That's how life and death should be connected. 

I very much do. Funny you bring this up. I applied to a guild this evening and one of the questions pertained to past mmo pvp experience. I referenced my goblin shaman from Warhammer. Their version of yin/yang is the best I've played. How many years ago was that? It's doable.

3 hours ago, nutspanther said:

Would it make it better if they made tray changes flash castable?

Yes. And also do this for anyone with multiple trays, not just druids.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

12 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Yes. And also do this for anyone with multiple trays, not just druids.

I feel like that is more reasonable than trying to implement off the GCD which could be substantial engine changes. Flash casting is already in game.

On 7/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, Heartsteel said:

As a long time druid main we can only hope they improve the class. It's severely lacking compared to the other healers. ;_;

Idk about you but i've played druid since pre-alpha, Earthkeeper by far has the most healing output compared to other classes. ironwood body provides tankiness and if you go with Lord of the forest it can be an almost unstoppable force

Teamates have to understand this game is not firehose healing like some tab targeting games, Orbs deal up to 1k healing on Coalece Nature and around 500 on Coalece life/forestry and you spread these out like butter, Essence scram does 1k healing per second in a 50 m area for 8 ticks while it burns out yours essence, this ult can be used every 45 seconds, healing rain and will o wisp do around 1.4k each and if you take nature's guardian you can get will o wisp which is a chain heal

Earth Keepers are meant to be played in enclosed spaces or chokepoints, the reason why most players stray away from Earthkeeper is because in the early stage of the game we have open field battle as a driving force but once forts, small keeps, keeps and castles become relevant in dregs, earthkeeper will become much more important

believe me it can take weeks to learn earthkeeper but once its mastered you will become better than crusaders, paladins and ice callers, Inquisitors still by far have the most healing output in burst however their healing is sparratic and have long cooldowns, not to mention it is easy to keep them out of a fight

Thorns Of UxA
Kicking Crow's Butt since 11 years old

Tester since 3.0