Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I Went Wood Elf Druid

Drusera

Greetings,

I was trying to decide between Half Elf and Wood Elf for my Archdruid during these last few weeks of testing.  I like the idea from a lore standpoint that Half Elf Druids were/are rare, and, from a gameplay standpoint that they can equip both Sun and Moon Elf heritages.  Nevertheless, I am afraid the heritage minors might get nerfed on Half Elves so they have to choose to equip either the Sun or the Moon at any given time instead of using both.  I like how unaggressive Wood Elves are with no offensive racials, but they can hide, trail walk, and teleport.  I played and collected Wood Elves in Warhammer as well, so I love the overall Mirkwood Elf lore/vibe.  Female Wood Elf Druids were a dime a dozen in EQ back in 1999-2003, but oh well here I am.

Female Wood Elf is by far the most beautiful char in this game. You have to look at it for hours. Lots of Spirit and a good escape, pseudo-stealth, so that you don't get killed while doing afk-stuff. It's a good choice for Earthcallers. 🙂

Fae on the other hand... Looking at all disciplines, it seems devs think Assassin should be the only valid option for Fae. So much Dex, not so much Int. Might be a valid choice with an epic or better vessel, but not in the beginning. But then: Play what's fun for you. It's just a game after all.

I went wood elf as well.  That was the first character I made in the Alpha.  I do wish I could use the staff with storm caller though.   Right now I'm running arch druid, but would prefer storm caller.  The shield and mining was not what I had planned originally.

My first character in alpha was a wood elf druid.  It's my main here... I just wish I could run storm caller with a wooden staff. (No not just because I make my own lovely wooden staves with good stats.... much.) So I've been running arch druid.   

I do wonder, why the armor looks so much less tribal than the concept art for wood elves.