Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ambrosia

Kalannar

Haven't played since passive leveling was removed.  The minerals were easier when you had the passive buff plus potion that increases gem/mineral chance.  What replaced the passive buff?  And is it easier to get minerals?

So Ambrosia requires:

1 x Empty Flask
3 x Ground Cinnabar
12 x Ethereal Dust
3 x Water Flask
3 x Apples
3 x Ground Halite

Except for "Ethereal Dust", where do i get the other things? Empty Flask can be made in Alchemy as I understand it.

apples come from any tree. Cinnabar comes from Marble motherloads, and Halite comes from Granite motherloads.

Most of the +mineral/gem chance comes from the harvesting toolbelts now. You can still make potions to temporarily increase this with powdered bone. All the harvesting potions require an Alchemy discipline to be equipped. Also making advanced runetools with silver and copper can give small increase in mineral/gem chances as well.

I've almost filled my bank with stone trying to get quarryman disciplines and still can't equip an advanced hammer. Its honestly one of the worst most soul crushing RNG grinds I've ever seen in an MMO.

Yea that is what makes necromancer impossible.  It used to be doable to at least get some minerals.  But now with craft advancement based off crafting.  It is going to be very hard.

10 hours ago, linc said:

I've almost filled my bank with stone trying to get quarryman disciplines and still can't equip an advanced hammer. Its honestly one of the worst most soul crushing RNG grinds I've ever seen in an MMO.

wait... can't you just buy the quarryman discs from the vendor?

Graveyard Harvesting Organization, Union Local 451 [GHOUL-451] is recruiting, talk to your local union rep.

2 hours ago, Gremel said:

wait... can't you just buy the quarryman discs from the vendor?

You can buy the common rune, but the uncommon ones (which can only be acquired through drops) are the ones needed to progress through upgrading.

1 hour ago, Hyriol said:

You can buy the common rune, but the uncommon ones (which can only be acquired through drops) are the ones needed to progress through upgrading.

Ah right, and I believe those only have a chance to drop in the pvp areas right?

Graveyard Harvesting Organization, Union Local 451 [GHOUL-451] is recruiting, talk to your local union rep.

8 minutes ago, Gremel said:

those only have a chance to drop in the pvp areas right?

Correct, you need to have the white vendor rune from the npc vendor equipped + an intermediate tool and harvest in the pvp zones. Skypoint has a higher chance to drop than the 'Arium zones.

tiPrpwh.png

I've had no issues with disc drops for harvesting, the first one is brutal, but the ones after seem to come in often enough.  Considering you can move discs between characters, it makes sense to have them not drop like candy.  People are selling them on their EK vendors as well.  So pick your poison, grind some gold for 30 minutes and buy your first green off someones EK vendor, or run around and see if RNGesus will grace you.  While not thoroughly tested to confirm, I've found them drop much more often once plentiful harvest gets to 4.  So put on a kebab and a harvest potion.

Thank you for the details folks, very helpful