Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do Minotaurs get any spells ever?

MoarBarmu

I want to play a Minotaur, but not if there is no way to play a Minotaur spellcaster or hybrid. I do not see any Minotaur spell class or specialization, just a ranged class and two very similar melee classes.

On 7/8/2021 at 8:47 PM, seventhbeacon said:

Unfortunately Minotaurs can't do the verbal component for spells because they can only say "Moo" and use sign language. Thankfully, a handful of them have successfully learned how to sneak around unseen, which is pretty much magic in its own right!

In one of the RPG systems (TTRPG) I've seen minotaurs not being able to pronounce many vowels and thus having difficulties with learning the Common language ('human' one) due to their bovine heads & lip structure.

It'd be interesting if that was also the reason here for that! Other than that, I think it's a cultural thing that they do not pursue magic.

3 hours ago, Averion said:

In one of the RPG systems (TTRPG) I've seen minotaurs not being able to pronounce many vowels and thus having difficulties with learning the Common language ('human' one) due to their bovine heads & lip structure.

It'd be interesting if that was also the reason here for that! Other than that, I think it's a cultural thing that they do not pursue magic.

At least, not until the first or second expansion! ;).

Some of the different domains that the classes can get offer some different abilities that work like spells:

• Frost

• Death

• Nature

• Music

• Wind