Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Centaur or Half Giant

Drusera

Hello,

I cannot decide between Centaur and Half Giant for Arbiter.  The Centaur has a good dash racial, but if I keep it I cannot block with my shield.  The Half Giant has amazing racials overall with Backhand, Make Me Mad, and Blood of the Giants, but I'll run out of room of my skill bar eventually with Backhand and BotG on there.  Even after reading the cleric guide posted on the forums here choosing between these tow races is where I am stuck at, basically racials.  > <  This will be an alt I won't level for a bit so I have some time to decide. 

6 hours ago, Drusera said:

Hello,

I cannot decide between Centaur and Half Giant for Arbiter.  The Centaur has a good dash racial, but if I keep it I cannot block with my shield.  The Half Giant has amazing racials overall with Backhand, Make Me Mad, and Blood of the Giants, but I'll run out of room of my skill bar eventually with Backhand and BotG on there.  Even after reading the cleric guide posted on the forums here choosing between these tow races is where I am stuck at, basically racials.  > <  This will be an alt I won't level for a bit so I have some time to decide. 

With protection stake and wee one being really good skills for arbiters, your bars will be too full for the half giant's racials. The one thing I really like with centaurs is sure footed. It let me make huge pulls without being slowed down unless mobs use dismounting skills. 

I prefer stoneborn for arby: I want the phm, anti bleed passive and anti knock down.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I went Centaur.  I figured overall, it will be more fun as Arbiter.  But it was very close between the two races.  Working on level 31 now, which is a huge XP leap from the other levels. > <

• 2 weeks later...

So you have a few options: 

1.  Human is really taken to get guardian rhythms.  It’s a 5% group damage reduction song that auto runs when toggled and stacks with your 1 aura.   

2.  Centaur brings a charge and support power/attack power aura.  Also brings sun worshiper base so you can play a nature arby with it (only way).  High out of combat Movement speed. High output with aura.  Expect comments about people wanting to use you as a mount. 

3.  Stoneborn has highest base con, 10% PHM (amount you’re healed from by all targets), bleed resistance, less knockdown and more healing when knocked down.  Good if you expected to be targeted.

4.  Elken gets a little extra range, charge and crit heal bonus.  

5. Half Giant is a better dps cleric than healing cleric Bc it has access to minors they wouldn’t otherwise get.  Not bad, not great at healing but there are better options. 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

10 hours ago, mandalore said:

So you have a few options: 

1.  Human is really taken to get guardian rhythms.  It’s a 5% group damage reduction song that auto runs when toggled and stacks with your 1 aura.   

2.  Centaur brings a charge and support power/attack power aura.  Also brings sun worshiper base so you can play a nature arby with it (only way).  High out of combat Movement speed. High output with aura.  Expect comments about people wanting to use you as a mount. 

3.  Stoneborn has highest base con, 10% PHM (amount you’re healed from by all targets), bleed resistance, less knockdown and more healing when knocked down.  Good if you expected to be targeted.

4.  Elken gets a little extra range, charge and crit heal bonus.  

5. Half Giant is a better dps cleric than healing cleric Bc it has access to minors they wouldn’t otherwise get.  Not bad, not great at hearing but there are better options. 

You prefer Sun Worshiper over Bringer of Life on Centaur Arb?  Can you talk a little about why? I'm learning.  I was under the impression black mantle was one of the scarier debuffs to remove and Lord of the Forest is a must for the other major, no?

2 hours ago, mknecht25 said:

You prefer Sun Worshiper over Bringer of Life on Centaur Arb?  Can you talk a little about why? I'm learning.  I was under the impression black mantle was one of the scarier debuffs to remove and Lord of the Forest is a must for the other major, no?

Black mantle is a 500 absorb, it’s not significant when there’s lots of heals going out.  That’s a single illuminate tick or tend wounds.  Bringer of life is also perfectly viable too.  

wiDfyPp.png