Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vaeryx

Levelling

Levelling   

365 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want levelling to be a feature in the game?

• Yes, it adds a sense of progression
    • No, it stops me from playing with my friends
    • Yes, (Add reason in the comments)
    • No, (Add reason in the comments)

No. Last I checked this game was about runes and skill progression with active and passive timers. Then again, if it's like SB with easy leveling, then okay. I remember getting to 50 in almost no time and that was fine.

That said, all levels do is segment the diversity of the gamers and prompt a race for the hard core. Everyone knows any game with levels is all about the end game and more often than not the end game is lacking.

Edited by Funpire

I'd also like to see that there is NO real neccesity to reach MAX LEVEL for taking part into the core PvP game. Maybe with just 60% (or even less) of max cap

you can get right into the MAIN ACTION of the game, and not feel like a mosquito or a germ that has to run when facing a MAX CAP oponent.

Just an example of that. Lets say that a party of 6 or 7 characters (or even less) of 60% level that engages into battle with an only one MAX CAP FULL GEAR character has a chance of success if they play wisely.

But in my example, would be preferable to take a long time of grind to reach MAX CAP level. (that also keeps players more time playing but still enjoying the game)

In a pvp game it matters more than any other to reach max level. That way you are not the one who can't participate when a bunch of max level invaders roll through your area as a gank squad. Rule of thumb, max your level as fast as possible for the most pvp targets.

The funny thing is, levels are not progression. They are purely there for psychological reasons. The majority "think" they get stronger.

Lv1 vs Lv1

Lv 80 vs Lv 80

Theres no difference.

Real progression means gaining something. New weapons, more resources, new skills, new knowledge, getting better at combat.

Heres an picture to make it easier to understand how mmo's have been tricking you.

aViKZB7.jpg

I'm for little to no levels. You think game of thrones has levels?

This has been answered a little bit.

There are no character levels. There are skill levels.

You may have noticed in our Centaur Polearm example the skill potential went from 1-175 opposed to EVE's discrete ranks of 1-5. We wanted to do this so you could feel gains happening all the time and not 1 rank point every 30 days. I can also say the amount of time to train from 150-175 may be crazy extreme for very little statistical gain, that time may be better spent getting a bunch of other skills from 80-100.

http://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/2871-concern-over-passive-vs-active-skill-training/?view=findpost&p=75798

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

I do believe it's already been decided that there will be no levels in-game, and instead ACE are opting for a more EVE-esque approach to progression.

Which is something I love.

Providing it doesn't take quite as long to reach an "acceptable" level like it does in EVE, it allows a more FPS-style of play where you can drop into the game and have an impact almost instantly (if you're good enough), without having to grind through mobs for pointless levels.

Don't get me wrong - I like levels. I grew up with them and they're pretty great.

They just don't belong in Crowfall.

Think of campaigns as a drawn-out FPS match. Levels don't matter there, only the quality of your equipment - and what equipment you've decided to use.

Skill over numbers.

The funny thing is, levels are not progression. They are purely there for psychological reasons. The majority "think" they get stronger.

Lv1 vs Lv1

Lv 80 vs Lv 80

Theres no difference.

Real progression means gaining something. New weapons, more resources, new skills, new knowledge, getting better at combat.

Heres an picture to make it easier to understand how mmo's have been tricking you.

aViKZB7.jpg

I'm for little to no levels. You think game of thrones has levels?

Haha this is awesome and so true.  Reminds me of a scene in Grandma's Boy

yTzeAMV.jpg

Think of it this way, as a person in real life, you don't have levels, you are what you are and you can jump in and try everything.

So here is what happens:

In reality you decide to go horse riding with friends, James and Sarah. 
Sarah is a Pro Horse ride
James has been practicing it as a Hobby
And you lets call you "Oberyn", have never Ridden a horse.

You all plan to go ride horses, Obviously you all each get a horse, the level in which sarah and james can ride horses are far beyond yours but that doesn't mean you can't jump on the horse and start riding around slowly. see where Im going with this.

The point of getting rid of levels is that so all players can jump on "Horses" right of the bat, but some maybe be better than others in horse riding skill. so its up to you where you'd like to focus you skill "tree" on.

You should be able to try 100% of the activities at the very start of the game but would you be able to fully experience those activities without putting effort into Maxing out the skills required? the answer is no.

I hope I got my point across without any confusion.

Hello everyone I would like some leveling but not like most MMOs i know of have done. I would like to see leveling, something akin Mount&Blade. When you level up all your attributes don't magically increase you get points to spend. Lets say you get 1 or 2 points to spend per level. If your base health is 30 and every point you put in to health increase it buy 2 you will have to spend half or all of your points for 15 levels to double your hit points. Not just get to level 4 or 5 but if you do that your not getting better in other areas. I think this system is really good for diversifying characters and giving the players the ability to make their characters how they want them and I think that's one of the things the devs want to do.

Edited by OTR

large.png?1427076055

http://thetradecompany.shivtr.com/

I don't like the classical "xp required to reach next level" that much. I mean, it's not that I wouldn't play a game that didn't have it, but I'd rather have a sort of gentle skill progression for weapons and crafting. Maybe it could have a lot of levels but the effect of the levels could work with a diminishing return, maybe according to logarithmic curve of sorts.

Edited by Dsanzv

Levels are outdated and unnecessary in today's market. Everyone should get rid of them.

2zSM2Uo.png
Co-Host of Crowns and Crows Livestream: Every Tuesday 8:30pm EST
Follow me on Twitter: @jdodge80

If leveling can help the player understand the class skills and progress to the higher level skills that leveling is good. Example, leveling a knight at level 1 u have maybe 1 or 2 skills than as u level up u get more skills that u can combo, chain, etc.. This allows player to appreciate the class skills better.

So if leveling is like a tutorial for the player to understand the class, rather than a time sink to extend the player to spend time in the game while more features are being developed. Since, Crowfall has reset campaigns, we do not need grinding levels, rather for the player to progress at a decent rate to experience the class skills better.

The grind for Crowfall would be the gathering of resources, runes, etc.. for EK and within the campaign.

No thanks

I dont even see how levels would work with the system they have set up for character building

This game looks like a larger scale version of marvel heroes so far with forts.  - nephiral marts 7 2015

I voted No. I like leveling up and progressing, but skill systems (like they are planning) are very similar. Except that you usually get more horizontal progression, rather than vertical (more tools in your belt, rather than just a heavier hammer).

I don't like leveling mainly because it prevent playing with friends/guildmates. This is constantly a problem in any vertical progression game. I would prefer a skill based system so that basically anyone can be viable in a shorter amount of time, if not right from the start. A skill system also still provides a lot of progression and goals to work towards, as long as there are enough skills to obtain per archetype.

Vidrak - Member of

mael4.jpg

I voted no. I like that crowfall, in many ways, is trying something fresh. I respect that and want to be a part of it.

By reading my post you have assumed all responsibility for its content. I hope you haven't offended anybody!

No traditional leveling. I would like to see skills get better and stats get better as you play, but not what we have seen in so many games prior.

The more you use something, the better you get at it, which in turn increases certains stats related to that skill, which in turn gives you better DPS (from increased str based on skills that use STR), better HP's (from increased CON/END based on skills that increase endurance) etc...

Obviously someone who plays a lot should be able to show a benefit of playing more, but not so much that any one person is better than another simply based on level.

Edited by Kell