Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is There a Guild That Is a Good Match For Me?

Lumiya

Hi,

I played the open beta a bit. Crowfall is a pretty fun game! I haven't actually bought it yet because I'm still thinking about if I want to commit to it; it seems kind of demanding if you really want to do well at contributing to your guild/faction/whatever. 

Some information about me that could help a guild see if I'm a good match for them:

• I love playing healers/support. I mostly played a Half Elf Druid Earthwarden built (pretty much) for full healing/support on the live open beta server, and I love how much healing they they can put out. 
  • My damage as a full healing/support Earthwarden is terrible though. At least two of my skills with the build I was using only works on allies. I know if I get VIP I can easily respec to a more damage-y build and then switch back to my healing build if I find someone/some people to group with, but it'd be cool to group often with people who want a healer.
  • A Druid Earthwarden is my preference to play for a main, but if a guild I might join is looking for any other healer/support classes, I'd be fine to play one!
  • I'm interested in playing other roles too, but healing/supporting is my favorite.
  • I try to use my toolkit/character to it's full potential. I also try to think of what I can do improve/handle situations better. 
  • I love the PvP in Crowfall. I don't love crafting (in any game). It feels like a chore to me. I don't mind gathering. Heck, I actually kind of like gathering. I should be fine taking up gathering disciplines, but I really rather not get into crafting if I can avoid it. 
  • I want to be a good addition to whatever guild I join (if I decide to play). What I mean by this is doing my part of helping the guild out, including in combat, gathering, and hopefully being a decent-ish person to chat with.
  • I'm not super busy but I have some commitments (part-time job, college courses,, and volunteering) that would keep me from otherwise investing more time into Crowfall. 
  • I developed severe tinnitus (ringing in my ears) last year. It might be slowly getting better--I really hope it is--but it's possible it could interfere with me playing Crowfall.

I might decide to add more information later. Again, I'm still not sure if I want to commit to playing Crowfall. I don't want to make the decision to play lightly because of the type of game this is, but if there's a guild that would like a player like me, please feel free to let me know! Also, feel free to ask any questions!

Thanks for taking time to read/skim this. :) I wish you a good day/night!

Edited by Lumiya
Changed to more accurate wording

Hey Lumiya, Its all well and good to be concerned and know ones tastes and limits.

I head up the Guild and Community of Dauntless and were very flexible with our membership. Without every casual to every core member, we wouldnt of arrived where we are today.

Everyone has a part to play big or small. They can all still successfully contribute on their terms.

As for Tinnitus, we actually have a member of Dauntless in Crowfall going thru the same thing. Their changing the Output/Input setup to act lighter/softer by physically distancing themselves. Plus during siege events we have historically practiced clear lines of communication which would hopefully aid in lessening the impact.

If that intrests you, stop by the Dauntless recruitment thread. Were not the only flexible group in Crowfall but we understand that IRL comes first and want everyone to enjoy the Fresh MMO launch the best that they can😁. Fresh MMO launches are very Rare and Super fun and enjoyable!

The link to Recruitment thread, thanks for your time.

Edited by Rakknock

23 hours ago, Geus said:

join Obsidian Fear

Cheers

I'll look into it! Thanks for the reply!

19 hours ago, Rakknock said:

Hey Lumiya, Its all well and good to be concerned and know ones tastes and limits.

I head up the Guild and Community of Dauntless and were very flexible with our membership. Without every casual to every core member, we wouldnt of arrived where we are today.

Everyone has a part to play big or small. They can all still successfully contribute on their terms.

As for Tinnitus, we actually have a member of Dauntless in Crowfall going thru the same thing. Their changing the Output/Input setup to act lighter/softer by physically distancing themselves. Plus during siege events we have historically practiced clear lines of communication which would hopefully aid in lessening the impact.

If that intrests you, stop by the Dauntless recruitment thread. Were not the only flexible group in Crowfall but we understand that IRL comes first and want everyone to enjoy the Fresh MMO launch the best that they can😁. Fresh MMO launches are very Rare and Super fun and enjoyable!

The link to Recruitment thread, thanks for your time.

Hey Rakknock,

I appreciate the long reply! Dauntless seems like a cool guild. I hope that person dealing with tinnitus will be able to have theirs get better, or at least get by well enough. I think sounds/music actually helps my tinnitus, but I'm not sure. I'll check out the thread! Thanks for the link!

16 hours ago, swiggityswootie said:

We might also be a good fit, we have a casual group and a more dedicated group so we fit several playstyles. Our post is here

Forum Link

Thanks for the reply and link! I'll check it out. 

I'm gonna be blunt.👿

You can join any of these guilds. Most are probably pretty cool.

But if you don't join PlayerKillerz, then you will never get to experience what it's like.

Your input matters. We work together, for the benefit of our members.  we are growing rapidly. We went from 1 to 9 members today with more to come. 

We don't want to zerg, we want to be able to outsmart them.

I do hope you read the post I will link. 
p.s. these other guild leaders are a bit jealous that you're gonna look at my post after they linked theirs.😄

Oh well. Enjoy your time in crowfall.

-RedLetter