Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Centaur On Mounts.

phatcat09

Could you link the information on this?

Till I see info on it I'm going to say I feel they will do a similar thing they did in wow with the worgen. The worgen got down on all 4's and started running mount speed. I personally think Centaurs passive move speed will already be faster then others but I feel if they wanted to go really fast (mount speed) they will have to give up the use of his ability while it's happening.

YannMLq.png

Centaurs will probably just always have a speed advantage. But they decided mounts will be a good thing to add to compensate for this. If the centaurs can run that quickly and fight with a lot of strength, a knight riding an armored horse should be able to compete to some extent with maybe not nearly as much strength while riding.

Centaurs will probably just always have a speed advantage. But they decided mounts will be a good thing to add to compensate for this. If the centaurs can run that quickly and fight with a lot of strength, a knight riding an armored horse should be able to compete to some extent with maybe not nearly as much strength while riding.

Well in the 2nd MMORPG interview, the character was doing a lot of jumping and backwards rolls. I'd imagine there would be less/none of that for the centaur.

All that jumping should be cut from the game in general, looks horribad.

I'm really hoping mounted combat replaces one of the promotion classes for many Archetypes.

A Centaur and a Knight can both promote to Armored Cavalry basically marrying the two classes into one similar role, the Centaur and an Archer Archetype could promote to Mounted Archery and share a role, allowing various archetypes to imitate the roles Centaur offers.

Centaurs should still be stronger by virtue of not being able to be unhorsed. But riding classes have the freedom to do things without their mount.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I brought this point up in another topic but this is a loot drop game. Mounts will almost certainly be lootable/killable and definately will cost something.

Things to consider.

-Centuars behave as if mounted for free.

-Centuars cannot dismount in situations where that would be advantageous.

-Centuars start the game mounted and never get a better mount, while a breeding system suggests there will be various qualities of mounts for other races.

I'm thinking the way to deal with this is some item unique to Centuars that upgrades properties other races need a mount for. A Centuar with a top of the line mount item functions equally or slightly better than a player with a top of the line mount. The mount item should be a bit cheaper too, helping balance the fact Centuars are incapable as playing as infantry and probably incapable of flight as well.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

In ShadowBane, Centaurs ran the fastest in the game and had very high Stamina.  The downside to them was that they couldn't wear boots or pants.

Edit: I guess they could wear pants and boots.  Minotaurs couldn't wear boots or helmets.  Centaurs still ran incredibly fast though.

Edited by zubei

Here that only increases the problem further. A mounted knight needs a mount, boots, and pants to be effective. If you kill them you receive them. If a Centuar is anywhere roughly equivalent in power and needs none of those things then ungeared Centuars are probably OP, and they are MUCH cheaper to run / less profitable to kill.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Here that only increases the problem further. A mounted knight needs a mount, boots, and pants to be effective. If you kill them you receive them. If a Centuar is anywhere roughly equivalent in power and needs none of those things then ungeared Centuars are probably OP, and they are MUCH cheaper to run / lesnos profitable to kill.

Equitability not equality stupid.

#CrowFallBata

~Sweet Sensations~

puppy punch Count: 28

Here that only increases the problem further. A mounted knight needs a mount, boots, and pants to be effective. If you kill them you receive them. If a Centuar is anywhere roughly equivalent in power and needs none of those things then ungeared Centuars are probably OP, and they are MUCH cheaper to run / less profitable to kill.

perhaps centaurs could equip barding in place of leggings and boots.

delghinn.png