Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Too much like WoW?

I've had a bit of a look at this seems like a copy and paste of WoW. One of the starting cities looks like Silvermoon. And another looks like Stormwind. And there are some areas that look like Hammerfall.
Please don't let this be another clone of something that already exists. I was kind of excited at trying this but now I don't know if I want to. It doesn't look like it adds anything new to the over saturated MMO genre.

10 hours ago, EntropyHades said:

I've had a bit of a look at this seems like a copy and paste of WoW. One of the starting cities looks like Silvermoon. And another looks like Stormwind. And there are some areas that look like Hammerfall.
Please don't let this be another clone of something that already exists. I was kind of excited at trying this but now I don't know if I want to. It doesn't look like it adds anything new to the over saturated MMO genre.

This game is nothing like WoW, sure the art style may have some similarities but that's where it ends. WoW is a dungeon raid/PvE MMO focused on getting the best gear and levelling up. 

Crowfall is focused around hard core PvP/guild battles with a low level cap so you can get into the PvP sooner.

There is nothing similar to World of Warcraft in here. Nothing.

However, if you'd like to bring the WoW copy-paste attitude here, I suggest to take a look at Tolkien's works and see how Warcraft is a rip-off... Or perhaps check the history how it was supposed to be Warhammer, but Games Workshop have denied them the license many years ago. There's nothing wrong with taking inspiration, just do keep in mind that shouting 'copy-paste' at original things is just plain inadequate.

I heard there's this really amazing section of book covers in the library you might like. 

But seriously, low budget graphics of fantasy are going to have similarities. 

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

• 3 weeks later...

I dont think you understand WoW Copyed a Game called EverQuest one of the Best MMORPG ever also EQ devs help make wow and made it easiser to so clam anything coppied anyone check why wow got so popular it never was a great game and never will be but no Crowfall didnt copy any wayone 

On 7/8/2021 at 7:19 AM, EntropyHades said:

I've had a bit of a look at this seems like a copy and paste of WoW.

IMO, almost every MMO made since WoW has been a copy of WOW (which is a copy of EQ). Of all the WoW-ish MMOs, this seems to be on the far end of that spectrum. 

1 minute ago, BucDen said:

IMO, almost every MMO made since WoW has been a copy of WOW (which is a copy of EQ). Of all the WoW-ish MMOs, this seems to be on the far end of that spectrum. 

Thankfully the fat lady has sung for wow. There is really talk about turning the lights off for the game.

On 7/8/2021 at 4:19 AM, EntropyHades said:

i really really hated wow. played it for two months and never looked back. its nothing like wow.