Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RTX-3090, I7-6-core, 32 GB of RAM and game on NVME -> 30 fps

Lirezh

I have one of the fastest setups you can have, no other programs running and latest drivers yet I have not seen 70 fps (144fps is my screen)
Well that's inaccurate, I saw 72 for a blink while looking at the ground.

In open world the FPS settles between 33 and 40, in battles it goes below 30. I've yet to suffer through a later battle.

I have tried the lowest possible settings and going from 1440p to full HD without a change in FPS, I tried maximum settings -> same fps. no change.
CPU is 60% idle, GPU is 45% idle, RAM is empty

What is going on ?

P.S.
I could not post this anywhere put here, the support channels seem to be locked for new customers.

@mystafyi vsync would be at 144 but I've of course tried without and with. I literally tried every option, it's the engine that seems to be incompatible with fast GPUs.
Like I said, I usually have below 40 fps.

I've never seen a game that runs faster the worse your hardware, people with 5-10 year old setups seem to be among those with best performance.

I have a 3080 and 5600x with 16GB RAM and NVMe on a 2k display and I get 90+ fps all day. 

With fps that low, maybe you’re inadvertently running off the onboard graphics? You can verify which GPU the game client is utilizing with CTRL-SHIFT-ESC (task manager) and scrolling to the right once you find the game client process. You might have to enable the GPU column.

Get about 30-40fps in fights on 2080ti & 6700k, both are sitting on about 60-65% utilisation. 110+ in EK

17 hours ago, Tyrant said:

The Dregs game mode needs a few thousand level 25+ accounts that play in the campaign

Did you check if your 3090 even bothers to go into 3d mode in this game? Maybe it simply downclocks 😂
Just give them time to optimize, it is a soft launch after all.
Real launch will be on Steam and Epic once they don't generate more income and are ok with the paycuts.

Edited by Blowfeld

Ryzen 9 5900x, enough 3600 CL 16 ram, RTX 2080, Game on PCIe 4.0 M2 SSD in 1st slot, 3440x1440 res

In temple of earth:
Medium quality without bloom and ambient occlusion: 85 - 150 fps
High quality with bloom and ambient occlusion: 75-150 fps
Highest quality with bloom and ambient occlusion: 40 - 150 fps

Maybe it's your CPU? Most MMOs need a fast CPU more than a fast GPU. 

12 hours ago, Lirezh said:

@mystafyi vsync would be at 144 but I've of course tried without and with. I literally tried every option, it's the engine that seems to be incompatible with fast GPUs.
Like I said, I usually have below 40 fps.

I've never seen a game that runs faster the worse your hardware, people with 5-10 year old setups seem to be among those with best performance.

Not always. if your rig cant push 144 fps constant with vsync then instead of pushing every frame it pushes every other, effectively cutting your fps in half with 72 being the top end, as you indicated. Since your rig is only pushing half the frames its sitting quite unused, even changing graphics settings wouldnt stress a 3090 under half load.

Crowfall runs really smooth on Very High (2560 x 1440 resolution) details on my full AMD build.

My specifications:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X (8-core, 16-thread 3900 MHz)
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8G GDDR6 SE (8 GB/256)
16 GB RAM DDR4 (Patriot's)
M.2 SSD (Corsair's)

3 hours ago, mystafyi said:

Not always. if your rig cant push 144 fps constant with vsync then instead of pushing every frame it pushes every other, effectively cutting your fps in half with 72 being the top end, as you indicated. Since your rig is only pushing half the frames its sitting quite unused, even changing graphics settings wouldnt stress a 3090 under half load.

My rig is about the fastest you can buy at this time

10 hours ago, Lirezh said:

My rig is about the fastest you can buy at this time

No need for epeen, I was just giving my opinion as to possible problem you have. Since I get better performance on a 1080ti then you get on a 3090, coupled with the fact other players with 3090's have much much better performance indicates something is indeed faulty. Since you dont want help, take care and good luck.

You can also check the Nvidia settings and set "maximum performance" in the driver setup to see if it changes anything. Also disable Vsync just for testing to see if you jump above those 72 fps. 

6 hours ago, Blowfeld said:

You can also check the Nvidia settings and set "maximum performance" in the driver setup to see if it changes anything. Also disable Vsync just for testing to see if you jump above those 72 fps. 

This is worth to check. Also the basics, like checking if the latest drivers are installed, maybe do a small check if the drivers you're on have any issues regarding Unity, etc.

What's also worth to do is a full uninstall & a clean re-install of the drivers. I remember having trouble with NVIDIA back when I was still using it before finally making a switch to AMD more than a year ago.

Nowadays the Nvidia driver install is much better. Whenever you want a clean install, the "fresh install" function is usually good enough for 99% of users. Was much, much worse back in the day, as you described.
The current drivers are quite stable, so they are definetly worth a try if the OS still runs an older version.

I fear it's none of that sort, I have a clean driver install and in furmark I actually get the highest score (in 1080p) on their database with close to 20,000 points.
There is no performance bottleneck on my PC, I can play any game at 1440p@144fps at max settings except crowfall.
Something else is making the performance so slow, it must be something in the game engine itself

13 hours ago, Lirezh said:

I fear it's none of that sort, I have a clean driver install and in furmark I actually get the highest score (in 1080p) on their database with close to 20,000 points.
There is no performance bottleneck on my PC, I can play any game at 1440p@144fps at max settings except crowfall.
Something else is making the performance so slow, it must be something in the game engine itself

Have you tried navigating to the Crowfall .exe in the installation folder, right-clicking it and going into properties, then compatibility & disabling full screen optimisation?

There are 5 settings that affect framerate. Just test them 1 by 1 and you'll have the delinquent in less than five minutes. And then go harvesting motherlodes with all buffs or play a 50 vs 50 castle siege.  "woot, 10 fps on a 4096 qbit quantum machine!" ^^