Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Connection lost

RetroL

Hey there !

I'm having a bug that's preventing me from entering into the game,

Everytime the loading screen ends, It shows me the "Connection lost!" error and the only thing I can do is closing the game.

I've already tried to restart my computer, open the ports required, disable my antivirus, repair the game, reinstall the game, reduce the graphics, recreate my character.

I'm trying to fix it with the help of the support, but meanwhile I just wanted to know if anybody else was experiencing the same issue.

And if yes, were you able to find a solution ?

Connect Lost is constantly occurring for me. I have followed Averion's tech guide to ensure its not on my end. 

I have high speed fiber internet but compared to new and older online games I have, Crowfall is constantly dumping me with Connection Lost. It was far more stable during Alpha!

I don't want to die from a lack of shooting back!

I am experiencing this problem since launch. I’ve paid for a full price game. Has had tech look at it and still seeing the same problem. I was only able to play for 10 minutes.. Now I’m asking for a refund and they said they only refund under very specific conditions.. bs..

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, just started this morning.  Sometimes I get into the game just to be dropped with the "Connection Lost" popup, almost immediately after I get in.  Other times it does it during loading into the game after I have selected the toon to play.

I just paid for the more expensive version of the game, Have not played it in the hours I have tried to log in and back out. Over 22 times logging in and soon as i'm in the game it says "ERROR CONNECTION LOST" this is BS i have high speed internet, and my computer never lost connection. On top of this, if i type in the chat, i can speak in general and yes peopl;e hear me and reply back.  This is beyond stupid and it's CLEARLY not on the players end, as tons of people are on reddit and other places complaining. 

I literally logged in 22 times and got a Connection Lost error which prompts me to click "End game".  FIX IT!!!

This game!! They can't even make a game that loads properly.  I searched everywhere and there's thousands of players with good computers, and fast internet getting this. I have yet to hear a single ANSWER from a DEV.

For all the people having this problem

Despite the name of the error being "CONNECTION lost", the actual cause of the problem ( at least for me ) is the lack of RAM.

Try to close everything that is running in the background. I had 8Gb of RAM but it wasn't enough to run the game + Google Chrome => Closing Chrome and everything else allowed me to connect to the game ( with basic graphic settings ).

I bought more RAM ( I have 16Gb now ) and can run the game on medium settings. However, putting the graphics on high triggers the "Connection lost" error. That's sad, but at least I can play the game.

With all do respect @ Retrol, Ram isn't the issue for me. I have 66 GB free, and I am about to uninstall a bunch of games I haven't played. My computer is an absolute monster, my Graphics card is fine, I have zoom internet cable, and I'm in the East of the USA playing on an East server of Crowfall and Literally i've logged in 31 times and only gotten in 2 times. It takes FOREVER to leave the error screen, sometimes 10 minutes, the program won't just close, so it's at least a 15 to 20 minute total wait for me to realize i couldn't play before trying again. My graphics runs ARK Survival Evolved on ultra high, while streaming, and while also watching Youtube videos. 

My Zoom Internet is faster than normal internet  speeds.  This is NOT on the players, it's the servers or something up with the game itself. 

Stopped by to see if this issue had a fix yet... guess not.
I just don't understand how I had no issues during the Alphas and Beta but after full launch I can no longer get it to connect.

:: AMBER PATRON :: 

Just purchased this game, played for about 2 hours and have had multiple crashes about every 5-15 minutes!

I have searched for answers, solutions. fixes, but any suggestion does not fix the issue.

I understand that the game is still being developed (to a certain extent), but this is beyond acceptable.

If this cannot be resolved soon I am asking for a full refund!!

Edited by MagaMan

32 minutes ago, MagaMan said:

I understand that the game is still being developed (to a certain extent), but this is beyond acceptable.

If this cannot be resolved soon I am asking for a full refund!!

Game is launched and you checked the box when downloading the game giving away your rights to refund.

Jacob in Crowfall support says that you really want more RAM if you are having this issue.  I have asked for a new computer build for what is needed not to have this issue.  So far, no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

This is, of course, uninformed Theory Crafting on my part:

I get this problem quite a bit.  It's infuriating given the games I have managed to play successfully on this computer.  Admittedly, I have an older computer.  However, this particular problem is unique to Crowfall with the server and client just dropping connection mid load.  You can see it's in progress:  working through loading, the start of ambient zone-sounds, the landscape draws in, my character may (or may not) be drawn in, then BOINK!  "Connection Lost".

The Server and Client appear to reach a timing threshold or something for loading and the Server chooses to drop that connection.

My sense is this problem is more pronounced during Prime Time on weekends or weeknights.  I'll try to login repeatedly, and connection lost over and over.  The server (I assume) is working over time, more players in the zones.  In more "off" hours I'm able to actually get on between 1 and 3 login attempts.  Stuff loads then.

In contrast, I tried to play Valheim a couple of months ago, with suspicion on my part my computer would chugg badly.  Sure enough Valheim was a no go, my system lagging too badly.  However, Valheim LOADED SUCCESSFULLY.  It didn't crap out.  It loaded, everything was functional, and it was clearly a case of my system not able to run well enough.  Fair enough, truth is truth, as a potential customer I had no reason to distrust or blame the game.

The "connection lost" thing in Crowfall feels entirely different.  It feels like something is clunky / weak in the handshaking between Server, Client, and the loading of data to memory.  That's the appearance / perception, which, unfortunately, leads one to resent the game.

So, at some point when I'm ready I'll get a newer PC.  Though some here are convinced their systems are up to snuff, but they still have the problem.

Time will tell.

Edited by Bramble

“Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it." - Seth Godin

4 hours ago, Bramble said:

In contrast, I tried to play Valheim a couple of months ago, with suspicion on my part my computer would chugg badly.  Sure enough Valheim was a no go, my system lagging too badly.  However, Valheim LOADED SUCCESSFULLY.  It didn't crap out.  It loaded, everything was functional, and it was clearly a case of my system not able to run well enough.  Fair enough, truth is truth, as a potential customer I had no reason to distrust or blame the game.

You can load valheim with -force-vulkan option to gain FPS. This game doesnt allow that option though.