Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much of an upgrade is improving disc from base to green?

xym

I have been out harvesting and I have a bunch of the green items required to upgrade my harvesting disc. But I see I need 3 domination dust ( i think, not in game) and they cost 4k each. That would put me in the poor house. So I am curious, how important is it and how much benefit will I see?

Xym,

Each upgrade level of your harvesting discipline rune is relatively small, but they're important steps if you want to be able to really produce harvested items.  A green rune allows you to equip a toolbelt, which adds secondary harvesting stats (things like minerals, gems, or bone).  The blue rune allows you to reach a full plentiful harvesting skill (with temporary buffs).  A purple rune allows you to equip the advanced tools necessary to break the highest rank resources in the game.  It's certainly expensive, but very necessary when it comes to providing resources for you and your guild.

How do you obtain a green disc? I slotted a white mining rune, made some intermediate axes and picks, and went out into Lunarium and harvested for a few hours and never saw anything special pop out of the nodes I was harvesting.   I want to make sure my understanding is correct, that eventually a green disc is going to pop out at random.  Seems to be taking hours tho, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something.

With a miner rune slotted and intermediate picks you'll get green miner runes. the probability depends on the risk of the area. To get logger runes you need a logger rune slotted and intermediate axes and so on with the rest of harvesting professions. I think it took me 2 intemediate picks to get my first green miner discipline drop.

6 minutes ago, alienpickle said:

How do you obtain a green disc? I slotted a white mining rune, made some intermediate axes and picks, and went out into Lunarium and harvested for a few hours and never saw anything special pop out of the nodes I was harvesting.   I want to make sure my understanding is correct, that eventually a green disc is going to pop out at random.  Seems to be taking hours tho, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing something.

It's RNG so time can vary.  Took me around 10 picks before my first Miner dropped but I had 5 Loggers in the same scenario.

That said, you have to be out in the danger zone for them to drop.  You have to move past the guards to the spot here the enemy can come.   Follow the road until you pass a gatehouse / shimmering shield.   If you have already done that, then just keep grinding.  

One other HUGE tip is to buy/make mining food or potions to increase your production.  A kebob can be made at the cooking station with some auroch meat, produce, roasting sticks and seasonings.  I think you can but everything but the meat from the food vendor in town.

I'd say good luck but you are Moonscum :)

Edited by Calidor

Are the discs tradeable?  Do they keep dropping greens after you have a blue slotted?  If so, I feel like there's going to be a pile of greens collected and then passed out to the other members of guilds instead of having to grind your own.  I could join a guild and day one have someone with a maxxed out crafter and pile of purple discs be like "here kid, put on this purple disc and belt"?

I'm kinda surprised that harvesting doesn't just have a level and XP bar of its own for each resource type.  If you can just twink people with your hand-me-down skill discs that's going to be a big deterrent to small guilds - or people will set up vendors to sell 'em.  I hope I misunderstand how this might work.

17 minutes ago, alienpickle said:

Are the discs tradeable?  Do they keep dropping greens after you have a blue slotted?  If so, I feel like there's going to be a pile of greens collected and then passed out to the other members of guilds instead of having to grind your own.  I could join a guild and day one have someone with a maxxed out crafter and pile of purple discs be like "here kid, put on this purple disc and belt"?

I'm kinda surprised that harvesting doesn't just have a level and XP bar of its own for each resource type.  If you can just twink people with your hand-me-down skill discs that's going to be a big deterrent to small guilds - or people will set up vendors to sell 'em.  I hope I misunderstand how this might work.

Yes, the greens keep dropping, but you need a lot of them. It takes 9 green discs to upgrade a green harvesting kit to blue. To make a legendary harvesting kit, you need 117 green discs. They can be traded/sold as long as they haven't been equipped, in which case they become bound to your account. Smaller guilds can always buy them from other players. After a while, there will be enough available in the economy that the price won't be that high.