Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
toxophile

Open Up Ek To Player Voxel Creations!

Recommended Posts

I suggest that ArtCraft team up with Daybreak. Both are creating voxel worlds (Landmark) use VoxelFarm. One is 90% creative and 10% combat, the other is 90% combat and 10% creative. Voxel creations made in Landmark could possibly be imported to Crowfall with minimal conversion, and open a real gusher of player creativity and interaction in EK. Since there is no common 'open world' outside of the campaigns, there should be fewer concerns about performance. Things done in my EK with voxels have absolutely no effect on the PC of any other player not in my EK. 

 

What it DOES do is open up a lot of options for Guilds and motivated players. It ALSO tap's into a HUGE wellspring of talent and creativity form your playerbase. Ask Miguel next time you see him about the suprises he and the Landmark dev's had at what players were doing. And the Daybreak dev's how much $$$ they are saving by letting players produce some really amazing game art assets!

 

It's entirely possible that players can help you guys fill up the campaigns with unique structures, ruins, arena's... whatever! We build things in Landmark, then they get submitted to ArtCraft for approval, then imported to Crowfall!

 

I wouldn't surprised if some of the PvP peeps will scoff, but this is a (mostly) labor-free way to help develop Crowfall. And it will be a draw to a lot of people who enjoy creative games, and who knows! Maybe these creative types will venture into the campaigns and find out that PvP isn't really as bad as they thought!


eEvERiW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the focus WILL be on PvP in the campaigns. And in EK where PvP is enabled, of course. This partnership would be about players IN LANDMARK making things that the DEV'S in ArtCraft like and feel fit the Crowfall world. I am not suggesting that we be able to build in Crowfall like they do in Landmark. Only the things ArtCraft likes will make it into Crowfall. Take your penis phobia elsewhere.

 

It would be a real money-saver for Artcraft to have players donating time to make art assets for Crowfall, and the linkage between the games might entice some players into Crowfall so they can see the player-made stuff in this game and maybe play!


eEvERiW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In survival mode, people still build. But I don't want this to be Minecraft. I mean, yeah, it would be cool, and the voxel world allows it, but it might dilute the game too much. That's why letting Landmark people do it for us could be a great way to get a lot of useful structures into CF.


eEvERiW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making it a Minecraft/DayZ game is something that will cause alot of people to leave.. This is a pvp focused game, not a game where the person building the nicest mansion, or manage to build a replica of the Enterprise will win the campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only benefit I see by making it completely voxel based building (minecraft) is the ability to make really detailed statues and wall designs, past that, I see no benefits. This is a PvP based game, if you want to go building, take your $30 and invest in minecraft. Plus the whole "everquest next" "crowfall" teamup thing won't work because they are both competing (to be very similar games) and they are using different engines. I might see some benefit in selling design blueprints like in landmark, but...what am I saying...landmark is beyond broken in general...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People aren't reading me, lolz....

 

I am NOT SUGGESTING WE BUILD USING VOXELS IN CROWFALL!

 

I am NOT SUGGESTING WE BUILD USING VOXELS IN CROWFALL!

 

I am NOT SUGGESTING WE BUILD USING VOXELS IN CROWFALL!

 

I am NOT SUGGESTING WE BUILD USING VOXELS IN CROWFALL!

 

 

Plus the whole "everquest next" "crowfall" teamup thing won't work because they are both competing (to be very similar games) and they are using different engines. 

Yeah, the engine thing might make it impossible, but they really are not competitors. I mean, other than being online games, heh. Landmark is a building game mostly, and EQN will be an adventuring PvE game mostly. CF is a PvP game mostly.....


eEvERiW.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A separate asset creation game would help.  It has allowed Daybreak to use Landmark to create EQ Next with a skeleton crew of workers.  Players in the asset creation game can then submit their creations to Crowfall team either for Crowfall game assets competitions, or for a store interface where they sell creation blueprints.  Crowfall should NOT team up with daybreak as each has there own vision which would get lost I will end up playing either crowfall, EQ Next, or both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggest that ArtCraft team up with Daybreak. Both are creating voxel worlds (Landmark) use VoxelFarm. One is 90% creative and 10% combat, the other is 90% combat and 10% creative. Voxel creations made in Landmark could possibly be imported to Crowfall with minimal conversion, and open a real gusher of player creativity and interaction in EK. Since there is no common 'open world' outside of the campaigns, there should be fewer concerns about performance. Things done in my EK with voxels have absolutely no effect on the PC of any other player not in my EK. 

 

What it DOES do is open up a lot of options for Guilds and motivated players. It ALSO tap's into a HUGE wellspring of talent and creativity form your playerbase. Ask Miguel next time you see him about the suprises he and the Landmark dev's had at what players were doing. And the Daybreak dev's how much $$$ they are saving by letting players produce some really amazing game art assets!

 

It's entirely possible that players can help you guys fill up the campaigns with unique structures, ruins, arena's... whatever! We build things in Landmark, then they get submitted to ArtCraft for approval, then imported to Crowfall!

 

I wouldn't surprised if some of the PvP peeps will scoff, but this is a (mostly) labor-free way to help develop Crowfall. And it will be a draw to a lot of people who enjoy creative games, and who knows! Maybe these creative types will venture into the campaigns and find out that PvP isn't really as bad as they thought!

Why bother teaming up with some other company? Just give the players of Crowfall the ability to build things on their own and submit to ACE for approval. If you want to spend all day in your EK building crap then they should give people the tools to do so. ACE should also delete buildings they feel do not meet the intent of the game, which I believe they already stated they would.


"But above all do not bind the anus all that there is congenial to your vision of paradise staff" - leonelion

 

Current ignore list because these people have no sense of reality or common sense: sheen, unknownxv, doomgrin, willwill, crowmagnonman, santa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be interesting to have a monthly contest or something with new structure ideas from fans, and the winner gets one for free in their EK when it gets added (or something like that).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFA LEGO SIMULATOR

 

No.

 

Not into voxel penises everywhere - thanks.

 

 

I wanted to do a search for that Toy Story "everywhere" meme with "penises" but I was too scared.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...