Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phantomswordsman

Should rare weapons Only be dropped once

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should rare weapons only be dropped once?

• Yes, Everybody having same rare weapon does not make it rare anymore
    • No, Only one person having that weapon is not fair

For one thing, I think any loot that can be obtained from NPCs should be able to be crafted to an even better level by players.

With extremely rare exceptions. Simple example, an ancient juggernaut from a race that was believed to be extinct appears. His weapon is imbued with magic unknown to anyone of that time, impossible to replicate, metals forged in a way that cannot be understood. You take a bit of lore, spin it, and you can have very, very rare exceptions where gear could be obtained from an NPC that is genuinely unique. One time drop.

I feel this asymmetric design adds a lot to the game. Knowing you can obtain things that others simply can't. Of course, they sort of can... if they kill you and take it for themselves. Hehehe...

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

I think rare weapons should always be dropped at least twice. Or maybe their amount should be limited by the number of people that participated in the kill. One weapon would go to the person who made the kill, one to the assisting person, one to the healer etc. Otherwise the reward system will be totally unfair.

I don't believe there should be "rare weapons". That leads to the game being about gear when it should be about your character. It leads to people thinking they "have to" have certain items to be "good" in game. Since this is supposed to be something totally different, I hope your question is moot.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I don't believe there should be "rare weapons". That leads to the game being about gear when it should be about your character. It leads to people thinking they "have to" have certain items to be "good" in game. Since this is supposed to be something totally different, I hope your question is moot.

You can't deny though, everyone loves loot.

I'm against rare anything.  Exclusive stuff is just plain snobby and putting on undeserved airs.  I realize I'm not likely to see this but I think everything in game should be available to every player forever (so you're not out because you found the game too late like I am out the white tiger on Wiz because I merely hadn't heard of them when it was sold) as long as they put in the same effort to get it.  It's stupid.  All players should be equal.

You can't deny though, everyone loves loot.

Loot does not have to be exclusive to you to be good loot that you enjoy having.  If you can't enjoy a good item because everyone else can also get it the same way you did, I pity you.  You need to base your self-esteem on your accomplishments not material things.

Not quite carebear, but sort of cousin to,

meh, grumpy old lady...

Never underestimate grumpy old ladies.

I hope this game will not be based around "my items are more uber then yours so I win". I would hate to see yet another item driven game. So if they **puts on hockey mask**...."just walk away....just walk away" from the grind for uber gear, there will be no need to talk about rare drops.

The middle ground is that the rare drops should be mostly cosmetic. At most, maybe a unique proc such as a baked in chance to snare or something to that effect. I just came from Archeage where having the top end exceedingly difficult to obtain gear puts you on a completely different level than other players. It will probably be what drives me from the game at some point, and having that built into this game would be a disappointment.

pKWaYh4.jpg

I like the idea of special items, though they should be largely cosmetc and not over powered. I would prefer that they drop globally with say a .1% chance at randomly dropping off of any mobile. Kind of like an extreme find, like every mob has the possibility to be a meaningful loot drop. I would rather have that than a defined static mob to farm over and over at a predetermined location.

What makes the item rare? Is there more than 1 of this item 10, 100? Will it impact the economy?  I have not voted on this particular topic, it is too vague. 

~Majestic~

GL of Questionable Motives

"I don't do touchy, feely....I do scratchy, bleedy"

For one thing, I think any loot that can be obtained from NPCs should be able to be crafted to an even better level by players.

With extremely rare exceptions. Simple example, an ancient juggernaut from a race that was believed to be extinct appears. His weapon is imbued with magic unknown to anyone of that time, impossible to replicate, metals forged in a way that cannot be understood. You take a bit of lore, spin it, and you can have very, very rare exceptions where gear could be obtained from an NPC that is genuinely unique. One time drop.

I feel this asymmetric design adds a lot to the game. Knowing you can obtain things that others simply can't. Of course, they sort of can... if they kill you and take it for themselves. Hehehe...

As long as duping isn't an issue, this kind of stuff is great.  Having a few hundred unique items, scattered over the world, adds a lot of intrigue to the game.  

As long as duping isn't an issue, this kind of stuff is great.  Having a few hundred unique items, scattered over the world, adds a lot of intrigue to the game.  

One year later all of the people who found those weapons never log in again. Oops.

I think they should drop for everyone but with very low drop rates or only from challeneging bosses or events where it takes lot of poeople to actauly get hings done. Then you can enjoy lot of drama afterwards. :D

Ah the subject of drops.... a horror for many players in other games.  Seemingly endless hours upon hours that turn into days or weeks, etc of spamming in order to obtain the best gear options.  Not a huge fan of this, but if it's what has to happen to be able to compete, then so be it.

lore.png

I hope bad ass looking "rare" stuff is just a weapon or armor skin.  They could also monetize such things.  It doesn't alter gameplay, meaning 0 balancing, while still being awesome.  Players love to look unique, or to have the option to look like they're using whatever style of weapon/armor they want.  They'll pay for the privelege, in fact

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png