Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
phantomswordsman

Should rare weapons Only be dropped once

154 members have voted

1. 1. Should rare weapons only be dropped once?

• Yes, Everybody having same rare weapon does not make it rare anymore
    • No, Only one person having that weapon is not fair

yeah..i'm gonna keep saying it...

the BEST stuff should ALWAYS be Player made....full stop

how something looks for StyleBane is not important, but there is NEVER any good reason for there not to be equal availability of gear in a PvP Game

make it tough to build, require resources we have to PvP to get...spend skill points to make or whatever....

but PLAYER made should ALWAYS be > drops

period

Excelsior!

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

Exactly.  If not, then it completely undercuts the importance trying to be given to the resource control aspects of the game.  If you can just go camp X camp for the best gear, there's no reason to take over that city in the north with access to limitless lumber. 

THAT LIMITELESS LUMBER SURE DOES LOOK NICE; AND THEY WON'T NEGOTIATE A TRADE FOR OUR IRON.  SOUND THE DRUMS.  Sorry...I get carried away.

"Food for the crows..."    Nobuo Xa'el

cdinUTh.png

I loved AC's armor crafting system.

1.  You were always looking for a perfect roll

2.  You were looking for high quality items to salvage to improve your armor later.

3.  Allows for tons of crap to sort through after you kill something

I like the whole concept of a rare item not being rare if everyone has it, but if that happens, there will be two types of people.
1. The People who  somehow always get the rare items

2. The People who somehow never get it no matter how hard they try

One of a certain rare weapon in the game and that weapon has a high chance of dropping on your corpse if you die while wearing it. Put a good number of rare weapons / armor in game so you will see one or two in any major siege / large scale battle.

I'm against full loot by the way. Full inventory loot is great but looting gear makes things tedious. Having rare and sought after items that CAN actually drop as loot when you die and are wearing them would be a good compromise. These rare items would be only marginally better than other things you can more easily obtain so if you happen to die while wearing it you don't ruin your character / build.

Yes

"Wow, that weapon has nice bonuses, looks cool and it would help me out a little bit with my particular build."

No

"I need that weapon in order to be viable in pvp, if I don't have it I will get destroyed."

One year later all of the people who found those weapons never log in again. Oops.

Actually this is a valid concern. I think perhaps after a year of inactivity, the weapons would vanish into the ethereal realm, to reappear on powerful mobs. Not too unfair, a year of inactivity after all is a very long time.

I don't know though, perhaps that isn't necessary. I'd say most who find such rare weapons wouldn't want to quit. Also, of course, it wouldn't be that hard to lose them. Sure, I'd want them to be really strong, but you're still going to be in trouble against 10 players. 

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.

- Nietzsche

I am going to try to use my developer cap here. If we do not make a game were items play such a big role in: uber rare gear drops, uber rare items to make uber rare player made gear, we will not have to worry about duping bugs, poorly coded loot drop tables, there by eliminating some or most of the issues that come from having a game that is build on "I have a one in one million chance to get this thing".  On a side note I am also hoping for gear that breaks, forever...no coming back. 

No RNG on item creation.

Player crafted equipment that we all use and full loot.

This was something UO got 100% right.

OMG I died, I can head over to my neighbor's shop and buy GM armor, katana, potions, and bandages.  BACK  IN THE FIGHT.

nAd1VPD.png

"Agelmar is King of the Hypocrites and Ruler of the Kingdom of Hypocrytia"

Such an opposition to items being unique. I like the concept, though. Adds spice. All that 'not fair' is just funny. Equality is fine when it comes to chances, but I think there should be such items. Just to incite treasure hunts and player hunts.

Actually it's all about encouraged activity and/or balance, not so much about items.

oaOnsEV.jpg?1

While I don;t think any item should only be had by one player, or discontinued, I do think that it would be tedious to keep making new items, and have the developers having constantly having to add in, and track items acquired. Sorry, but I voted no, though it is a cool idea.

I would be more in favor of having a really long, and very hard quest chain to get some epic-looking cosmetic re-skins for items, though.

EOWWuhQ.png 

If you put it in a way calling it “rare” most people won’t find it rare, as it is “obtainable” at some point. But, truly, promotion items, as you say it, can be THE rare type of gear you would describe.

What you mean with the term rare because i think that if you mean a very beautiful piece of equipment then i think its fair to be obtained by only one person but if the rarenes is about stats then i think it should be obtainable as a rare drop

Worst idea ever to have rare weapons being dropped only once.

Casual players who do get to the same point a powergamer did 1 month earlier will be denied access to any rare weapons because the powergamers grabbed them all already? It isn't because a player did the same achievements in twice the time because he actually has a job and a family should he be at any disadvantage with the powergamer who's 22, unemployed and lives with his mom and uses a peepot and orders pizza for lunch and reheat it for dinner.

One can argue: Well, let's create multiple rare weapons... and suddenly, you have the issue of balancing / creating 100,000 models or use the same model and change the stats by +1 or -1 point and what not which in the end is the same as having only 1 weapon.

I don't know. Having a dungeon with a super hard boss, that wields a unique, one of  a kind weapon and drops it, once in a while, might be the way to go. That is he drops only one, but there can be multiple events like this with different bosses, right? RIGHT?!

Edited by thisismyemail