Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

All the Same Arguments we Had with Shadowbane

BlackfeatherCo

31 minutes ago, scrappy365 said:

Who said no one was having fun and playing either Crowfall or Shadowbane? 

Come now... You implied it with your post. As if going in the same direction as Shadowbane was a bad thing, because, you know, Shadowbane shut down in 2009.

Blackfeather.png

Oh no, that was not my implication at all. I am having alot of fun with this game. It has issues that some people seem to be oblivious to, but they are small ones and I hope they get ironed out. I have just learned over the years to expect the worst and hope for the best.

1 hour ago, scrappy365 said:

Yeah, headed right in the direction of May 1, 2009 if things continue as is. What a great direction to be heading in.¬†ūüėā

The moment a company and/or a game gets bought by either Ubisoft (in Shadowbane's case) or Electronic Arts is pretty much spoiling a bad future for them. I wouldn't call the whole fault on the developers' that the game closed.

1 hour ago, scrappy365 said:

Oh no, that was not my implication at all. I am having alot of fun with this game. It has issues that some people seem to be oblivious to, but they are small ones and I hope they get ironed out. I have just learned over the years to expect the worst and hope for the best.

That is a very healthy attitude when it comes to game projects.

1 hour ago, Blowfeld said:

That is a very healthy attitude when it comes to game projects.

Agreed, no matter the amount of money we've spent on something - we as human beings shouldn't give too much emotional importance to each and every of these little frustrations that might accumulate there and there, including in games.

Still wish the Crowfall assassin had some medium to long ranged attacks/spells and was more similar to Shadowbane's assassin class. Up close and personal is part of what I think an assassin should be, but shouldn't be it's only attack method. imho.  I have a hard time creating an Assassin in Crowfall because it just seems too similar to the Rogue class in World of Warcraft and it didn't fit my playstyle. 

SB Assassin comes in at :30 in this vid 

• 4 weeks later...

Played from SB launch until close... worked on P2C emulator project....This game will not last 9 years. It's DoA guys. A half assed attempt of IDKWTF. Blair was obviously the first huge mistake. Koster was the second, or his ideas as a paid advisor.. then .. there was the gorilla vaper "Iron Skillet"... They literally had 4 years having a partisan running the community (Who was forced out of CCP) that did absoloutely nothing to debvelop the community.... which leads to....

The echo chamber of the "rich boy forums" that steered the current direction of the game.. think "QFT Focus Group" from Shadowbane...a custard echo chamber.. ..custard the proletariot right....cash is king.

So now we have ... this poorly made dergs...

• 4 weeks later...