Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Earthkeeper Discussion

Asherr

Hey all,

so I started playing earthkeeper. I’m beginning to regret my decision it seems as there’s almost no resources for the class and I’m told constantly they are a poor choice. 

so I wanted to open a dialogue to see what people are doing for the class setup. I haven’t been able to see anyone else’s gameplay or even know if I’m doing things right. Can this class work well? Or am I just going to be hurting my guild by playing a sub par undesired class?

I have a 28 earthkeeper, and I feel that solo is super miserable and a punishment to play, I feel its possible in a group of 4 or more it would be a different story.

I imagine healing at 30 in a mid size to full group is really rewarding, I have to say imagine since it's such a challenge to get into a group.

I think once things calm down the druid will get a lot of respect.

Now this is a copy paste however... let me tell you it is not this way, Earthkeeper is meant to be played with groups of people, it is not a solo tune at all

Idk about you but i've played druid since pre-alpha, Earthkeeper by far has the most healing output compared to other classes. ironwood body provides tankiness and if you go with Lord of the forest it can be an almost unstoppable force

Teamates have to understand this game is not firehose healing like some tab targeting games, Orbs deal up to 1k healing on Coalece Nature and around 500 on Coalece life/forestry and you spread these out like butter, Essence scram does 1k healing per second in a 50 m area for 8 ticks while it burns out yours essence, this ult can be used every 45 seconds, healing rain and will o wisp do around 1.4k each and if you take nature's guardian you can get soothing winds which is a chain heal

Earth Keepers are meant to be played in enclosed spaces or chokepoints, the reason why most players stray away from Earthkeeper is because in the early stage of the game we have open field battle as a driving force but once forts, small keeps, keeps and castles become relevant in dregs, earthkeeper will become much more important

believe me it can take weeks to learn earthkeeper but once its mastered you will become better than crusaders, paladins and ice callers, Inquisitors still by far have the most healing output in burst however their healing is sparratic and have long cooldowns, not to mention it is easy to keep them out of a fight

Edited by Thorns

Thorns Of UxA
Kicking Crow's Butt since 11 years old

Tester since 3.0

I think earthkeepers are ok. The reputation of a class depends more on the reputation of the guy who talks about it than on pure facts. There was just one situation when I didn't like my Earthkeeper at all: I had high essence and switched stance to burn that essence, but the other healer in my group had skilled into resource regen and I couldn't burn my essence against his regen. ^^ But that's half a year ago and it's probably fixed now. 

The issues lie more in the missing flexibility. But this might affect all classes. One example: My Stormcaller doesn't need healing orbs and self essence regen at all when in a proper group, but is close to unplayable solo without those talents. What does ACE expect? Should we reskill every five minutes? Everytime a healer with regen joins or leaves? That's just bad. 

Archdruid? Xarrayne seems to love it. But as much as I value his opinions, I don't understand it. It's just tedious and double hard if your opponent kites you away from your orbs.

Its not so much that EK is bad, its that others are better (looking at you Cleric) and give you more for a lot less effort.

I loved my EK but having to rely on people picking up things was just a nightmare in smaller fights it wasnt worth the effort for me. Now in sieges and chokes I can see it functioning well for sure, but you RIP super quick if anyone notices you.

17 hours ago, Tyrant said:

The Dregs game mode needs a few thousand level 25+ accounts that play in the campaign

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 6:56 AM, Asherr said:

Hey all,

so I started playing earthkeeper. I’m beginning to regret my decision it seems as there’s almost no resources for the class and I’m told constantly they are a poor choice. 

so I wanted to open a dialogue to see what people are doing for the class setup. I haven’t been able to see anyone else’s gameplay or even know if I’m doing things right. Can this class work well? Or am I just going to be hurting my guild by playing a sub par undesired class?

EK's have the highest overall healing per second of any of the healing classes assuming everything goes right.  In small group they can excel in the right hands but the healing requires you to be able to lead your target with orbs and they don't heal outside of group.  CC'd allies require you to swap from leading to aiming for the target: it becomes a mess if the enemy is smart.  Orbs only healing group members and having very little fire and forget heals doesn't help either.  The healing ult got a huge buff recently and is extremely powerful but its a channeled root so using it for others is great but when targeted as an ek it's a delaying tactic more often than not. 

The concept is great but it needs a little tweaking to be truly viable.  Crusader Cleric, Arbiter Cleric and Inquisitor Confessor are all easier to play and heal for nearly as much and bring unique aura's or a group rescue. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 8/7/2021 at 6:21 PM, mandalore said:

EK's have the highest overall healing per second of any of the healing classes assuming everything goes right.  In small group they can excel in the right hands but the healing requires you to be able to lead your target with orbs and they don't heal outside of group.  CC'd allies require you to swap from leading to aiming for the target: it becomes a mess if the enemy is smart.  Orbs only healing group members and having very little fire and forget heals doesn't help either.  The healing ult got a huge buff recently and is extremely powerful but its a channeled root so using it for others is great but when targeted as an ek it's a delaying tactic more often than not. 

The concept is great but it needs a little tweaking to be truly viable.  Crusader Cleric, Arbiter Cleric and Inquisitor Confessor are all easier to play and heal for nearly as much and bring unique aura's or a group rescue. 

Orbs can actually heal allies, the shared gifts passive makes it to where the radius also affects allies

Thorns Of UxA
Kicking Crow's Butt since 11 years old

Tester since 3.0

17 hours ago, Thorns said:

Orbs can actually heal allies, the shared gifts passive makes it to where the radius also affects allies

That's new and I had out dated info. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png