Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please introduce Faction vs Faction campaign!

Haxta

Dev’s, please hear our simple plea! Open a Faction v Faction campaign as soon as possible! As it currently stands any group with less than 200+ people has no real place in the GvG dregs, which is the main purpose of the game. Alliances are not the answer, trying to contrive some sort of artificial limitation on Guild size, etc, is not the answer either. The GvG dregs are a beautiful thing for the largest groups to fight over, but the majority of us in smaller groups would like to experience everything that Crowfall offers as well!

Please open Faction v Faction immediately! 

Reply to this thread if you agree!

To give an idea of what being in a "medium" sized guild is with a single group of about 20-30 members on at the same time is like going through dregs zones, I will provide a scenario.

We go into Vallha and immediately proceed to the outskirts of the map to avoid detection, attempt to take a respawn point so we dont have to suffer a que to come back in if we die. We either take it, and leave to go do our thing, or get wiped because bored mega guild members are looking for any action they can find.
If we are lucky enough to take it before anyone gets to us, it will immediately be retaken. Going back to retake it will mean detection, which will mean we will be jumped by 1 to 2 groups of 20+. We can likely handle one group, but since they have respawns there and we don't, losing any members that are executed means they are out of the fight, whereas our opponents have respawns everywhere and will be able to reenter the fight quickly if it is still going.

If we go to farm mobs for gold or mine resources, we will likely come across one or two members of the mega guilds. We can kill those members, but they will let their buddies know. Soon enough we are getting zerged back to the temple.

I know I know, "LOL joins pvp game and complains about having to pvp." No...this isn't pvp, this is being a roaming group of npcs that mega's hunt because now they have nothing to do as no one wants to bother fighting them. The other mega's sure don't fight each other much, but I can't actually verify that as we spend all our time flying back to the temple dead.

ArtCraft, if you don't do something soon, you will lose most/all of the smaller groups playing this game very very quickly. When that happens you will start to lose members of the Mega's as they are bored and go on to more active games. You are running out of time to act.

Agreed and it needs to be an actual campaign not the normal infected ruleset. This should have happened in beta and you guys screwed yourself over by not doing that. The majority of people who wanted dregs are in big zerg guilds. However the actual majority of the games population (not talking us pre alpha people)  just want faction because they dont want to be forced to join a big guild in order to play. Playing dregs solo or in a small guild can be very fun though, but new players have no idea how to go about doing it which is 100% understandable lol.

People see faction campaigns as more casual and they are right to a degree, but at the same time that is literally the only thing outside a really polished hunger dome that will be a quick band aid fix right now. I was hoping pop would spike when dregs came out but it went up by a total of like 100 people lol.

1 hour ago, Haxta said:

Dev’s, please hear our simple plea! Open a Faction v Faction campaign as soon as possible! As it currently stands any group with less than 200+ people has no real place in the GvG dregs, which is the main purpose of the game. Alliances are not the answer, trying to contrive some sort of artificial limitation on Guild size, etc, is not the answer either. The GvG dregs are a beautiful thing for the largest groups to fight over, but the majority of us in smaller groups would like to experience everything that Crowfall offers as well!

Please open Faction v Faction immediately! 

Reply to this thread if you agree!

Most definitely, the lack of any gameplay controls to provide some sort of equality for the smaller Guilds is going to result in only the large Guilds remaining in weeks to months time. There needs to be a space for the Guilds that have ~50 members or less to be able to contribute without getting wiped by overwhelming numbers. 

Agreed, have had a great deal of fun leading small scale PvP groups in skypoint but not only is dregs dominated by large guilds (which is fine, makes sense and good on them for gathering that many people) but there are no mechanics for small guilds to influence the game whatsoever.

Been barking up this tree for many moons. We need proper faction campaigns back in the game.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 hour ago, PopeUrban said:

Been barking up this tree for many moons. We need proper faction campaigns back in the game.

To be fair, they pulled faction campaign cuz they didnt work as designed, this was what, 2 years ago and they never touched them since. I am not exactly sure why they were totally abandoned, but I am sure its not ready as is. 

I got the game being told that the general progress was God's Reach for tutorial and learning to play your class, Faction vs Faction to get you use to the flow of PvP and meet people, the Guild vs Guild for the hardcore experience. So with that middle point between tutorial and hardcore not being here it feels like you are being tossed right to the wolves. It really makes joining a guild, especially a big guild, necessary to really get into the games meat. And in my opinion joining a guild shouldn't be quite that casual a thing since these are the people you're going to be reliant on and playing with. 

Solvek (EU) (Dregs Ruleset - Max Group Size 6) | Population: 116 / 1800 | eu-central-1
Nermara (US East) (Dregs Ruleset - Max Group Size 6) | Population: 276 / 1800 | us-east-1
Imerlin (US West) (Dregs Ruleset - Max Group Size 6) | Population: 180 / 1800 | us-west-2

There are 2736 players in Crowfall.

I couldn't imagine they split a population 5 ways (1 us, and 1 eu infected).

1 hour ago, Helix said:

I couldn't imagine they split a population 5 ways (1 us, and 1 eu infected).

They already have. Most non Mega guild players are not in dregs. They are currently staying in Gods Reach as there is no way for them to do anything in dregs, may as well make some kind of progress with what they can.

Whoever thought that the first thing that should be launched is a GvG made a mistake. Another one is whoever thought that was a good tutorial. All you needed was the Lvl 25 part of tutorial.

13 minutes ago, MacDeath said:

I'm in a large guild and yet I agree that there is a huge need for a FvF campaign soon. A game needs to appeal to folks with different playstyles or the population will fade

Are the large guilds fighting each other very much?

Faction vs Faction campaign should be up.  Need a less hardcore way for players in smaller groups to get the gear / vessels to jump into the GvG and make somewhat of a difference.

I was hoping they would open Factions campaigns first (actually expected FvFvF and Dregs to both open up at the same time) so I could actually play with some people before joining/forming a guild with them. Instead I'm left with just randomly joining a large guild to zerg with lol. It kinda makes me regret buying this game to be honest, and I doubt I'm alone in that.

This could end up costing the game a good amount of potential long term players. FvFvF should encourage smaller guild formation (and retention) and casual players to stick around (who may become more dedicated players) which would eventually funnel people into dregs since it would be the "endgame" pvp. Dregs is probably forcing people away as things currently are.

Edited by Bildr

4 hours ago, mystafyi said:

To be fair, they pulled faction campaign cuz they didnt work as designed, this was what, 2 years ago and they never touched them since. I am not exactly sure why they were totally abandoned, but I am sure its not ready as is. 

They were pulled because factions don't work. When everyone agrees to be on the same side, you loose. At least with GvG egos will keep the game fighting. But FvFvF always ended with one side winning by a landslide for free stuff.