Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Efficient Poisons

Ethersin

Since Efficient Poisons is absolutely useless for a Vandal currently, the whole promotion needs some reworking really but, keeping on topic. Wouldn't it make more sense to either have the Efficient Poison bonus outside the cap or swap the positioning of the talent with Poison Mastery. (Since I think upping the cap to 65% instead of 40% would probably not go down well)

Poison Mastery is a good talent. But it's locked behind a worthless one (for Vandal at least). If they were the other way around, I could also pick up Dirty Tricks which plays further into the Vandal's CC idea.

Just my thoughts anyway. Since you can so easily hit the 40% cap from a half decent poison and you're probably getting additional damage from Major Discs, which is then lost anyway.

Vandal... look away from the toxin aspect of the promotion and look for the other aspects of specifically that makes this promotion unique - it is decent.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

15 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Vandal... look away from the toxin aspect of the promotion and look for the other aspects of specifically that makes this promotion unique - it is decent.

Any chance you could elaborate? I assume your talking about the stamina drain. I've enjoyed the vandal overall however haven't quite figured out an effective PvP stance and everything o can find is either old or just a showcase with no explanation.

Irresistible and the Shiv + Poison Mastery bonus where Sapping Strike adds a slow to every attack, is nice for applying the stamina drain, would be better as I said if the Efficient Poison and Poison Mastery Talent were the other way around.

Unless there are better ways to consistently apply CC? Which could obviously be nice.

5 hours ago, Ethersin said:

Irresistible and the Shiv + Poison Mastery bonus where Sapping Strike adds a slow to every attack, is nice for applying the stamina drain, would be better as I said if the Efficient Poison and Poison Mastery Talent were the other way around.

Unless there are better ways to consistently apply CC? Which could obviously be nice.

Look for : Damage on Slowed targets.  Things get interesting then. 

Enjoy the hunt.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Need more of a hint. Only really seeing 1 major in each domain that does damage when enemy slowed outside of archer disc. Wind does have 2 majors but the one doesn’t seem that appealing. Would love help on building a vandal.

Yeah i tried looking for something too but couldnt find a good way to make this a viable PvP spec. Diffuse would have been really good but it is hitting for half the damage the tooltip says so its garbage. Even if it was hitting hard you wouldn't be near the burst of a cutthroat. Blackguard does just about as much as a vandal can with much more survival. CC is impossible against most classes even with stamina drain. 

11 hours ago, xary said:

Need more of a hint. Only really seeing 1 major in each domain that does damage when enemy slowed outside of archer disc. Wind does have 2 majors but the one doesn’t seem that appealing. Would love help on building a vandal.

You did better than me I didn't find anything that increased damage on slower enemies. Found disicplines that added a slow to attacks.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:26 PM, Soulreaver said:

Has anyone found anything regarding this?