Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Experimentation: Not adding up?

Lodestone

Hey everyone,

New to the game so I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something in the crafting values for Experimentation.  As you can see in the image below, I have a Runestone Shovel made from a common basic shovel.  The Durability for a basic shovel is 100, the Runic version being 225 as a base.  I'm noticing that the value addition isn't adding up correctly during Experimentation.

The base increase in Durability is a modifier of 225%, the additional 5.83% is added to this before being multiplied: 230.83 = 100*(225%+5.83%)

As you can see below though, the durability is only 229.  If its rounded it should be 231 or 230 but instead its a full 1.83 lower.  If its the base increase of 5.2% without risk for a purple roll, then it should still be 230.2

Am I missing something or is this just not adding up correctly?

unknown.png

Warm Regards,
Lodestone

Yeah the % increase is applied to a value that is not shown in the interface.
Haven't seen any info on how this is calculated or any attempts at deconstructing the math behind it.

Same issue with Vessels for example. You experiment on the final assembly and your 100% experimentation increase brings your 8 DEX to 10 DEX.

I assume there is some kind of value used as a base that is generated when an item is assembled, then when you experiment on the item you just assembled you only experiment on the value that was generated.

Edited by Koerpermilch