Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Panel swapping keybind

voodoo

Does anyone know of a way to swap melee/ranged panels using a single keybind, instead of using 2 seperate keybinds? 

Ranged and melee both have their own keybinds and I havnt found anywhere to be able to set this up as more like a weapon swap toggle. 

On 7/13/2021 at 8:24 AM, Ethix said:

Stupid brigands ruined this because they have 3 trays >.>

On 7/16/2021 at 6:31 PM, Rhyse said:

Easily fixed by making stealth a separate button. We already have 3 buttons anyway this would cut it down to 2.

Yeah, keep stealth a separate key (since stealth really isn't swapping weapons, its just stealthing, completely different) and add a hotkey to "cycle" melee/ranged weapons.

Edited by Cirka
Added Quotes

Stealth may not be swapping weapons, but it is swapping your selection of powers.  And rangers already get an auto swap melee --> ranged without cd from the disengage.

PFq3vWQ.png

On 7/18/2021 at 9:32 PM, Alyriel said:

Stealth may not be swapping weapons, but it is swapping your selection of powers.  And rangers already get an auto swap melee --> ranged without cd from the disengage.

Since you didnt quote anyone, I will assume you are talking about my post, and since you didn't really add anything to that except to say "Stealth swaps your selection of powers" and "rangers can swap from melee to ranged by using disengage without a CD" (Which btw is incorrect, it literally does have a cool down), I'm also going to assume you are someone who wants to have a 3-Way toggle with stealth, melee, and ranged (if not, then you should try to actually add a point to your post lol).

Anyways, lets be real... Say its toggle between the 3, Melee, Ranged, Stealth, in that order. Lets say you are on the Melee tray and want to enter the Stealth tray (Either because you are getting ready to engage on someone OR you are running from people and drop combat and want to enter Stealth), that means you have to hit the toggle key to then go into the Ranged tray, then again to enter the Stealth tray. That's not efficient AT all (Assuming not a literal boomer, which in that case may be a reason for wanting it because less key hits are favorable for older folks). Swapping between Melee and Ranged makes sense... Not to be rude, but think before you vote for "Make a toggle go between Melee/Ranged/Stealth"... Now if you want a 2-Way toggle (Ranged -> Melee//Melee -> Ranged) AND a boomer type 3-Way toggle (Melee -> Ranged -> Stealth//Stealth -> Melee -> Ranged) then all the power to ya :)

10 hours ago, Cirka said:

...I'm also going to assume you are someone who wants to have a 3-Way toggle with stealth, melee, and ranged (if not, then you should try to actually add a point to your post lol).

Oh no, definitely not, sorry if that was confusing.  I do not want a 3-way toggle for stealth, ranged, and melee.

Anyways, lets be real... Say its toggle between the 3, Melee, Ranged, Stealth, in that order. Lets say you are on the Melee tray and want to enter the Stealth tray (Either because you are getting ready to engage on someone OR you are running from people and drop combat and want to enter Stealth), that means you have to hit the toggle key to then go into the Ranged tray, then again to enter the Stealth tray. That's not efficient AT all.

Agreed, it would be very inefficient.  If I'm remembering correctly, I think we used to have a similar setup.   This was way back before they made the swap between exploration tray and the combat trays automatic.  You could not swap directly ranged --> stealth, but had to swap to melee first and then stealth.

Swapping between Melee and Ranged makes sense... Not to be rude, but think before you vote for "Make a toggle go between Melee/Ranged/Stealth"... Now if you want a 2-Way toggle (Ranged -> Melee//Melee -> Ranged) AND a boomer type 3-Way toggle (Melee -> Ranged -> Stealth//Stealth -> Melee -> Ranged) then all the power to ya :)

I'm not advocating for either a 2-way or a 3-way swap.  At the risk of trying to insert too much of a real world consideration into a game, changing your weapons mid fight - swapping out two short swords for a bow - would be a tricky maneuver.  The in game implementation of this action lets us off very easy.  The fact that ACE put in the disengage power with its included tray swap shows they recognize this.  And yes disengage itself has a cd, I meant that it has no global cd on all powers - when you land, you can act immediately.

PFq3vWQ.png